PDA

View Full Version : Steering Angle Sensor No Signal/Communication - G85 - 2002 A3 - 8L 1.8T

GrantBuchanan
03-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Seems a common electronic issue. My son damaged the original clockspring when he replaced his steering wheel with a deep dish one. I'm trying to sell the car now but can't get rid of the ESP light. I've bought two secondhand clocksprings off e-bay and I'm pretty sure both are working as I did a circuit continuity check on both. My mate (mechanic) keeps coming up with the No signal/communication ref Steering Angle Sensor on his diagnostics machine. Couple of questions.....Is the steering angle sensor located in the clockspring? and does anybody have any idea what this plug is for in the photo. There doesn't appear to be anywhere for it to go! I guess it's just part of a standard wiring loom and can be used for say multifunction steering wheel (which this car doesn't have).....Funnily enough, when I removed the ESP button just to have a look at it, the very same style of plug was on the back of the switch!....Coincidence?
I haven't chased up anybody with VCDS as didn't think there was any point due to no communication. Grateful for any advice/leads.
Cheers...