PDA

View Full Version : Mileage Issues on my Tiguan 2.0 TSI

Tiguan221
30-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Hi guys,

I think I have a problem with the mileage and fuel economy of my Tiguan 2.0 TSI with less than 40,000 km. I actually average at 17 l /100 km :( while I have read that this car model would be in the range of 8-12 l /100 km.

When buying the car (second hand form the first owner), I have noticed that the airbox intake was not complete as some parts of it were also missing (the mechanic who assisted me in that buy was surely on a bad day :mad:). In addition, the top of the HP fuel pump (sensor?) seemed to be damaged. As a result, the car was very sluggish to accelerate, would reach 60 mph after a very long time, the rpm stalling at 2-3,000, sudden accelerations after a quick stop&go.

Since then, I have replaced some parts of the car and made some repairs while trying to solve the issue :

Water pump changed
Fuel Pump changed
Oil Filter changed
Air Filter "cleaned" by a mechanic at a petrol station, (maybe I should have changed it by a new one)
Lower Pipe coming from air intake system/turbo reattached (for removing a hissing sound which started after changing the oil filter)

After these changes, the car suddenly became more powerful :approve::D and responsive to the accelerator pedal but I think there is still some room for improvement with the mileage I find very excessive. I can see that on the averages displayed by the car computer (17.9 l/ 100 km global average :zx11:), not to mention the instant mileage which can reach the maximum of 49.9 l/100 km!!! while accelerating.

I have recently conducted a scan and found nothing. All the tests went OK even the air intake system and MAF have not showed any default :confused:.

Although I suspect the air intake system to be responsible for that problem, I would like to know any area I could focus on to get an acceptable mileage.

30293 3029430295

Thanks for your help.