PDA

View Full Version : New Q7 - reversible boot mat

elrao
30-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Has anyone seen these? I put one on my order, but am worried how well it fill fit with the rear seats up. It says it folds out when the rear seats are down, but no mention of how well it fits with them up.

deano179
30-03-2016, 01:36 PM
I have it and is really useful, works well when folding the 2nd seats down and fits nicely in the boot when they are up.

It's a pain when you raise the 3rd row of seats as you have to take it out, along with the load area cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMB7
30-03-2016, 01:37 PM
It fits really well with just the second row of seats up. Not great with the third row and it doesn't roll up very well so takes up a lot of space.

elrao
30-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Hmm, so with the 3rd row up you would basically have no boot space, as the load area cover has to go across there and the folded up mat?

I think the boot definitely needs something for when the 3rd row are down (to stop crap getting between the seats and ruining the leather), but seems like a lot of hassle if you are likely to want to use the 3rd row of seats very often.

Any photos of it would be appreciated.

maxw
30-03-2016, 01:57 PM
It's the same as having to remove the rear cover when the 3rd seats are up and never just sits in the boot area

when I was thinking about what make of car to get BMW you could store the cover under the rear floor it clip in
thought that was very neat and useful but the quality of the Audi over the bmw was a no brainier

strange how some little things really help yet not really thought about when the design is made

andyhud007
30-03-2016, 02:50 PM
I have this one (Genuine Audi one) from fleabay for about £70 I recall (Audi Part Code: 4M0061180)

It fits when the 3rd row is down (which it is most the time for me), but yes, if the 3rd row is up it needs to come out, but then so does the luggage compartment cover irrespective of the mat or not.

Nemo78
30-03-2016, 04:33 PM
I had the reversible boot liner but sold it back to the dealers as it wasn't what I was after.

Ended up buying what's in Andys picture as that's much better for pushchair etc with dirty wheels.

Both are a pain tho if you want third row of seats up...however the mat and the rear boot cover need to be dumped somewhere if third row seats go up

elrao
30-03-2016, 04:57 PM
Thanks, I think unless you can get something that can be rolled up and put across the back with the load cover (it fits nicely across the boot with the 3rd row up), there is little point if you plan to use those seats regularly.

Think I will remove it from my order and then have a look about once it has arrived.

chrisjerman
30-03-2016, 09:39 PM
I have that one too , do you find that it doesn't quite fit right unless the middle row of seat are slid forward a bit due to it being too long , we find the tailgate refuses to shut because the mat has just covered the catch up a bit , had to cut the mat around the catch area to stop this happening in the end which is frustrating when you have spent on getting a genuine mat instead of cheap aftermarket where you might expect this

Nemo78
31-03-2016, 09:21 AM
I have that one too , do you find that it doesn't quite fit right unless the middle row of seat are slid forward a bit due to it being too long , we find the tailgate refuses to shut because the mat has just covered the catch up a bit , had to cut the mat around the catch area to stop this happening in the end which is frustrating when you have spent on getting a genuine mat instead of cheap aftermarket where you might expect this

Hi Chris spot on...no idea why they made a little longer than needed. However can't say the boot hasn't closed due to it covering up the latch somewhat.