PDA

View Full Version : New Q7 order stuck on options

Papereyes
29-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Need some help with options though as I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a Q7 tomorrow, but the options are killing me!

So far have decided on SE trim (Ink Blue)
- Advanced Parking pack
- All Wheel Steering
- Privacy Glass
- Manual Sun Blinds
- Virtual Cockpit
- Heated Steering Wheel
- driver memory
- Auto dimming, folding, electric, memory wing mirrors
- 19 inch wheels (5 star spoke)
- rear side airbags (Dealer told me these are curtain airbags, so would protect from flying objects from the window or from a roll and so recommended it if baby was in a car seat)

So now, I'm tore between
- Engine 272 vs 212 bhp (The car is going to be doing less than 6k per year and mainly nursery runs between my wife and I), no dealer near me has a 212 to test drive so keeping with the 272 to help keep the residual value, but is it really worth it
- Adaptive Air suspension (Again would be good to get your advice if its really worth it over the steel springs)

The difference between losing one option is around 2.5k or both options saves me 5k, so would appreciate your help as crunch time is tomorrow!

Will this also be MY2017?

any help appreciated

andyhud007
29-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Welcome!

I would say you have a decent spec, but I would wholesome agree with the Air Suspension, it makes a hell of a difference (in my humble opinion)

Why do you need manual sun blinds if you have privacy glass? You may find (as I do) it works just as well. The manual sunblinds can be bought on ebay for £145 but is only side windows, not rear window which is where that £280 price comes from.

Park Advanced. I would say no, as the exit warning etc arent really that big and seeing them in practice they are are a bit hit and miss. I have Park Assist Pack (not Advanced) and the only thing I miss is Audi Side Assist but its really personal pref

Heated Steering Wheel. Yep I love it

I think everything else is great but I'd stick with the 272 over the 212.

If its past Build week 27 (I recall) then you should be MY2017 yes. Though I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong!

Cheers

Andy

Nemo78
29-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Not making you spend more money but take a look at the dynamic pack which includes Air suspension.

Heated steering wheel is the one thing I wish I had ticked but haven't.

Do you really need All Wheel Steering? Realise it's going to be mainly a nursery run car and potentially if anything like our little ones nursery car park which is crazy tight it'll probably be a sensible tick...but for 6k miles a year do you really need it?

Manual Sun Blinds I have and actually really like them - just wish they did them for the third row seats Windows.

Not really helped here have I but with what you have in your post it'll be an awesome car!

Oh and go 272!

Papereyes
29-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the response guys

Andyhud007 - Good idea on the blinds, at least it will go someway to offset the costs. Went for the advanced parking pack as I wanted the 360 degree surround and the missus (although she doesn't want to admit it) doesn't look into the blind spot enough, and last thing i want is an accident so the side assist and the 360 was the necessity

Nemo78 - don't put any more ideas in my head... think I'm saving on the blinds, might have to be a minor sacrifice. Definitely can't be thinking about the dynamic pack (although i did't think there was anything additional in there that was really important - unless I'm missing something)

Papereyes
29-03-2016, 09:27 PM
Another silly question on those sunblinds, are they integrated into the door? (similar to volvo xc90)?

andyhud007
29-03-2016, 10:21 PM
FYI - You get the 360 Surround parking in the Park Pack (non-advanced). I have it. (but yes, you don't get Side Assist)

andyhud007
29-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Another silly question on those sunblinds, are they integrated into the door? (similar to volvo xc90)?

I'm sure Nemo will confirm but I don't believe so. I think there are clips that clip into the window frame, then the blind clips into them.

JMB7
29-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Regarding the extra side airbags, seems to be different information from different dealers.
As far as I was aware side curtain bags are standard on the q7 with the extra airbags you can spec being smaller balloon type.
I was told the extra ones were not recommended for young children in car seats but I'm unsure if it's correct. I didn't spec them.
There's more information in this thread on the US forums along with an image of the airbags in the Q7.
Rear side airbags - AudiWorld Forums (http://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/rear-side-airbags-2898149/)

andyhud007
30-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Interesting points in that link, thanks JMB7. I guess its hard to tell but this picture does help illustrate where they are in the seats. I guess they are "optional" for a reason right. If they were that important to protect any human being regardless of size they would be standard no?

Papereyes
30-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Interesting points in that link, thanks JMB7. I guess its hard to tell but this picture does help illustrate where they are in the seats. I guess they are "optional" for a reason right. If they were that important to protect any human being regardless of size they would be standard no?

So spoke to Audi technical just now. They have told me that for the baby in car seat it should be fine but if I have kids in booster they recommendations they don't lean on the rear side airbags.

Hmm...

elrao
30-03-2016, 12:34 PM
Am sure you looked at the difference in price between an S Line (with 20" wheels as standard and privacy glass as standard) as opposed to adding 19s and glass as options?

I had a similar dilemma re: dynamic pack, I couldn't see anything other than the air suspension that I actually put a value on (although Traffic Assist would have been nice over the bank holiday...).

Got me thinking about all wheel steering now, have till the end of the week to spec amend my car.

Bathurst
30-03-2016, 12:39 PM
I've heard that all wheel steering is great until you need to replace tyres and get the wheels aligned, most places struggle to get this right and it can lead to issues.....i have no concrete evidence but only what i've read / heard....

T.

maxw
30-03-2016, 12:40 PM
I went all wheel steering mainly as I have to do a 90deg turn once I'm in the gate of driveway and car I had I had to move back twice to get car in plus also so it's said to handle bit better and also safer and better for parking

maxw
30-03-2016, 12:44 PM
PAPEREYES

will let you know late eve on sun blinds as I've got them fitted so will know more when I collect Q7

elrao
30-03-2016, 01:40 PM
I just went to add all wheel steering to my spec and it made me switch to 21" wheels, so actually costs £2,200 more on an S-Line.

Bathurst
30-03-2016, 01:51 PM
It didn't do that for me...20" with AWS (S line) using the online configurator.....works ok

elrao
30-03-2016, 01:57 PM
It didn't do that for me...20" with AWS (S line) using the online configurator.....works ok
Looked more closely, I can have AWS and either Tow Pack or Air Suspension with 20s; but if I want AWS, Tow Pack and Air Suspension then I have to have 21s

Nemo78
30-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Trying to upload a picture but having trouble..

Basically they are the blinds come up through the door so integrated & clip on to the top of door frame

Nemo78
30-03-2016, 05:14 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160330/5e04a3ef5dafd3d58e9f5bc8e8da69de.jpg

Bad pic taken from passenger seat leaning back

Nemo78
30-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Better one http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160330/d6dc81c69a8eaffb41fe7c1ed726cdc7.jpg

Nemo78
30-03-2016, 05:16 PM
Rear window http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160330/c66d6f5ffef56da42948e3af1398aa92.jpg

Papereyes
30-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Thanks nemo! Good photos. Couple of follow ups
1: are the blinds on the third row seating as well
2: do you have privacy glass?

Thanks for the photos again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxw
31-03-2016, 01:51 AM
Yes the blinds are on 3rd row seats *** well on mine
and mine has privacy glass

its classed as a 3 piece set

(2nd row 3rd row and rear)

i thought when when I ordered them they clip in as they look like that in the photo

so was real pleased when I picked up the car to see they are all roller blinds

m

Nemo78
31-03-2016, 09:25 AM
Thanks nemo! Good photos. Couple of follow ups
1: are the blinds on the third row seating as well
2: do you have privacy glass?

Thanks for the photos again

Yes the blinds are on 3rd row seats *** well on mine
and mine has privacy glass

its classed as a 3 piece set

(2nd row 3rd row and rear)

i thought when when I ordered them they clip in as they look like that in the photo

so was real pleased when I picked up the car to see they are all roller blinds

m

No third row blinds on mine just privacy glass? Sure the brochure stated 2nd row and rear window

Yes do have privacy glass on 2nd/3rd row and rear window

Max be good to see a pic of your 3rd row blinds and I will also have a look to make sure I haven't missed them..

Papereyes
31-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice, did the deed.

Thanks to Bathurst went through drive the deal and got 14% off (but needed to get finance, but plan to clear it off as soon as possible).

If anybody else is looking for the deal, might be easier to go direct to the dealer, happy to share which one it is if people are interested

So decided to go with SE trim (Ink Blue)
- Advanced Parking pack
- All Wheel Steering
- Privacy Glass
- Virtual Cockpit
- Heated Steering Wheel
- driver memory
- Auto dimming, folding, electric, memory wing mirrors
- 19 inch wheels (5 star spoke)
- Audi Smartphone interface

Decided not to go with the integrated sunblinds (and managed to get oem manual ones for the 3rd rear window part no. 4M0 064 160 A for 50GBP)

Thanks again for all the help!

No doubt will have many more questions.

andyhud007
31-03-2016, 11:42 PM
Great news mate and great spec, well done!!!

Jsut one thing. That part number for the sunblinds. I was looking at them and I saw they are for the main back row windows, not the windows on the 3rd row right at the back (4M0 064 160 A). You might want to triple check that.

I'm not aware of any blinds for the back back side windows. I could be wrong, but thought I'd mention.

Andy

Papereyes
01-04-2016, 06:05 AM
Andy think your right, need to get the ones without the a on the end as that's a three piece which fits main rear window and the smaller 3rd row seat Windows (see pic attached) 30317 I would need this two piece anyway as my son would be sitting in the baby car seat in the 2nd row.

maxw
01-04-2016, 08:24 AM
Nemo

sorry you are correct I thought there was my mistake

ok so if you have factory fitted you have roller blinds in the rear tailgate and rear doors of second row and nothing in the windows of the 3rd row
yet no oppshion for 3rd Row or even buying 3rd row as a add on unless you then buy the rear tailgate window bit silly hay
so now if I want to add 3rd Row I'll have rear tail gate window spare if I get the 2 set hmmm strange

if you buy as a oppshion you can either have clip on rear tailgate window and 3rd row Windows
'or 2nd row 3rd row and rear tailgate window like shown by paper eyes above

the factory fitted roller blinds are neater and can be put up or down easy rather than un clipping and if you can live with out 3rd row that's the best way to go

Papereyes
01-04-2016, 09:44 PM
Couple of other questions as I've gone for SE with twin leather and standard armrest.

Just seen there is another option to have a moveable armrest with storage.
So questions are:

1: Assume the standard armrest is there fixed with no storage
space.
2: is standard twin leather ok?

maxw
02-04-2016, 08:43 AM
Andy Nemo Papereyes

and anyone else who have the s-line Q7 new this year can you please tell me if you have alloy peddles ?

reason I'm asking in the configarator when I order my car back in end October beginning Nov 2015 it said alloys peddles and alloy footrest

yet received my car Wednesday 30th March 2016 that was built the last week in Feb 2016

and it's got alloy throttle and alloy break peddle yet stranded rubber type cover foot rest is this right? Any one got alloy peddles and alloy foot rest? Please can you tell me what you have?

thanks

M

Nemo78
02-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Really must give the car a clean....

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160402/b4c98a60a1acd07795309383f43d88d6.jpg

Sept 15 build...

andyhud007
03-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Andy Nemo Papereyes

and anyone else who have the s-line Q7 new this year can you please tell me if you have alloy peddles ?

reason I'm asking in the configarator when I order my car back in end October beginning Nov 2015 it said alloys peddles and alloy footrest

yet received my car Wednesday 30th March 2016 that was built the last week in Feb 2016

and it's got alloy throttle and alloy break peddle yet stranded rubber type cover foot rest is this right? Any one got alloy peddles and alloy foot rest? Please can you tell me what you have?

thanks

M

Max, I actually noticed this too but my car was not a factory order. It was a dealer ordered car sitting on the forecourt unregistered so I'm not 100% certain of its build date etc... I'm thinking it was Jan 2016

I noticed the brochure said it also, and no, mine is like Nemo's.... a little annoyed.

maxw
03-04-2016, 06:20 PM
I will post a photo bit later

when ordering I ask sales if they could fit alloy peddles as all I'd seen had ones like both of yours

sales reply was. No need they come with alloy peddles so every Q7 I see on eBay as new stock with photos non of they had alloy peddles so was getting worried

just befor Xmas as my local dealer had one that was order and I look in it once it turned up and yes it had alloy peddles the first I'd seen but not sure if the foot rest was alloy

when I picked mine up last week it had alloy break and alloy throttle peddle but stranded foot rest like yours
yet it clearly stated alloy foot rest as well so bit fed up I will have to look into it

thanks guys

maxw
03-04-2016, 10:12 PM
My Alloy peddles

andyhud007
04-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Interesting, thanks Max. I'll look into this.

Andy

andyhud007
04-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Max, what was your order date and build date if you know?

Cheers

Andy

Nemo78
04-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Andy I had a look back at the brochures and it changed in the Jan brochure to include 'Pedal cluster in stainless steel'

October didn't state any difference

Obviously it's a personal taste thing and I prefer the normal no stainless steel pedals - however I guess I'll have those at some point next week when the replacement arrives

andyhud007
04-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Nemo, thanks. Thats what I figured but didnt have an earlier brochure to confirm when the change was.

I'm not overly bothered to be honest but let us know if you do indeed have those pedals.

Cheers

Andy

maxw
04-04-2016, 03:03 PM
I first order in early November 2015 and I got a highlighted copy of the page of the configure brochure
saying stainless steel peddles and foot rest

and it still shows it now

was reordered due to mess up 4 Jan 2016

Factory built was mid Feb 2016 and arrived in the uk 10 March (not sure build week)

m

Papereyes
04-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Gonna see what Bathurst gets back from Audi and then will have a chat with the dealer to see if we got a build week and then remove that option

Papereyes
06-04-2016, 08:34 AM
Ok, thinking if I can save the 350 on the smartphone interface and 500 through additional Audi finance contribution.
Any views on upgrading to cricket leather or get Bose?

AIso has anyone got extended warranty?(planning on keeping the car a few years)

andyhud007
06-04-2016, 08:43 AM
Get Bose. Its a no brainer IMO (defo don't get B&O)

I've got the Rotor Grey Valcona leather and its v.comfy.

Nemo78
06-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Ok, thinking if I can save the 350 on the smartphone interface and 500 through additional Audi finance contribution.
Any views on upgrading to cricket leather or get Bose?

AIso has anyone got extended warranty?(planning on keeping the car a few years)

Bose is fantastic....

I have the extended warranty as like yourself plan on keeping the car a while - however who knows whether it'll be money well spent or not [emoji23]

t1sh
06-04-2016, 08:59 AM
I wanted to add Smartphone interface but too late. I am sure that software update should work just fine. I don't believe that additional hardware will be needed. I was also told that it is not possible to add a hack if not ordered while doing configuration. Loads of bullocks of you ask me. Some dealers don't think and/or check just make up things.

andyhud007
06-04-2016, 09:01 AM
Agreed, I know some things cant be retro fitted (because they need to "phone home" to the Audi MotherShip in AG), but some things can

For example in my 2010 A5 you could enable Bluetooth High with voice control by a change on the laptop with coding. Yet in the brochure that option was £400!

I'm going to check the parts system to see if the smartphone interface is 100% extra hardware (or not)

t1sh
06-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Great, thank you. From cost view perspective having different MMI units just because of smartphone interface is just waste of money.

Oh forgot to mention that I had to pay extra 300£ to have tyre pressure showing on virtual cockpit. A bit of rip off! :)

Papereyes
06-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Thanks Andy/nemo, this forum is bad for my wallet. I remember a few weeks back I wasn't even considering aws, adaptive air and now I'm thinking bose or leather. My wife is gonna kill me when she sees the invoice

andyhud007
06-04-2016, 10:38 AM
Lol... I just turned up home with the car... that went down well. :aargh4:

Tell her your doing it "for her"...

srbsq7
06-04-2016, 10:53 AM
I was with my wife when we placed the order. Fortunately the discussion was focussed on the monthly payments and not the RRP! Managed to sneak a lot of options in I would never have got away with!

t1sh
06-04-2016, 11:27 AM
I was alone but my wife decided on some of the additional options! So it wasn't so bad....

Papereyes
06-04-2016, 12:06 PM
Think we need a new thread on excuses we tell our other halves.....

maxw
11-04-2016, 03:06 AM
Hi all
can any one tell me what comes as part of a tool kit? And what's the tools come in? As have a feeling I'm missing mine

thanks for your help

m

Nemo78
18-04-2016, 07:39 PM
My Alloy peddles

Exactly the same as mine http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160418/5d792a2f2da11997237e71a11dd04c4d.jpg

t1sh
18-04-2016, 08:38 PM
I just received an email that my Q7 went into production. I find this quite fast!

Ordered on 23.03 as per order form from the dealer. 17week to go into production!

However good surprise! :)

andyhud007
18-04-2016, 08:47 PM
God damn it, now im ****** mine doesnt have them.

Nemo78
18-04-2016, 10:10 PM
God damn it, now im ****** mine doesnt have them.

Don't be...I prefer the ones you have! They only get dirty and mucky so won't stay shiny for very long!

Nemo78
19-04-2016, 06:44 AM
I just received an email that my Q7 went into production. I find this quite fast!

Ordered on 23.03 as per order form from the dealer. 17week to go into production!

However good surprise! :)

That's great news...won't be long now till you have it

t1sh
19-04-2016, 06:49 AM
That's great news...won't be long now till you have it

Thanks, Nemo. Looking forward to!
Need to do something with my Forester SJ XT! :)

Big_D_80
05-05-2016, 12:20 AM
I recently swapped my sept 15 q7 for a March 16 q7. My old one had the standard pedals my new one has the steel ones but only accelerator and brake. The foot rest is plastic. I noticed the pics of the foot well on the current website configurator show all three in steel so not sure if that's a further change for new ones being ordered now or just a misrepresentation or error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Q7NewBee
05-05-2016, 09:55 AM
That's amazing, I ordered mine on 26th Feb and the original build week was 22 and now its been pushed to week 31 :zx11:

srbsq7
05-05-2016, 10:00 AM
That's amazing, I ordered mine on 26th Feb and the original build week was 22 and now its been pushed to week 31 :zx11:

Nightmare, hopefully it will come back in. Mine went out to 24 before locking in on 18.

satyp
05-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Hmm indeed, safety feature and yet kids should lean on it .. now there's a disclaimer you don't hear everyday.. Too Late for me as the orderis in the pipe

JMB7
05-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Mine was ordered March 12th, originally week 22 but has come forward and locked in now at week 20.

elrao
05-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Mine shows an order date of 16th March and is showing build week 26! But it is MY17 :)

Must have been a busy weekend!!

JMB7
05-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Think I would have preferred it to stay week 22 and a MY17, but as it's a replacement for a duff one I'll just be happy if it all works as it should.

maxw
13-05-2016, 02:55 AM
Update on the stainless peddles and missing stainless footrest

it's only available on left hand drive cars
audi uk looked into this and as I was miss sold and miss informed they said sorry and will be amending info on website hmmmm

be nice to see what's fitted to the SQ7 when it comes out

M

Q7NewBee
13-05-2016, 05:13 AM
Nightmare, hopefully it will come back in. Mine went out to 24 before locking in on 18.
Checked again this morning and the build date has come forward to week 24, hopefully it stays.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

JMB7
13-05-2016, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure if that's correct. Quite a few guys have the stainless pedals on their cars in the UK and the courtesy car I used had them also.
There's a thread on the US forums asking where to get the stainless pedals from as it seems it's not standard over there.

Big_D_80
13-05-2016, 12:04 PM
I've not seen a steel footrest in the uk, only steel brake and accelerators.

JMB7
13-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Ah yes that's true, read the post again and it does state the missing stainless footrest. My bad!