PDA

View Full Version : Alarm & Start/Stop Button

smooney67
24-03-2016, 03:11 PM
Alarm goes off quite frequently when I leave my car, figured it was something to do with the start/stop button, but it's strange as I press it the same way every time I leave the car and only sometimes does the alarm go off.

Can anyone think why this may be happening? Having a read of the manual just now.

ILikeJam
24-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Are you locking the car?! Are you sure the ignition is off and the car's not in auto start/stop mode and letting you know? I'm on a BMW forum and quite a few members have got caught out thinking the car was off when it was just in 'Ready' mode - parked up outside shops, only to come back an hour later and find the doors locked and engine running!

smooney67
24-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Are you locking the car?! Are you sure the ignition is off and the car's not in auto start/stop mode and letting you know? I'm on a BMW forum and quite a few members have got caught out thinking the car was off when it was just in 'Ready' mode - parked up outside shops, only to come back an hour later and find the doors locked and engine running!

I'm definitely locking it. I press the button to turn it off, so it must be? Unless there is a fault with the button but again it only happens sometimes.