PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav No Roads

Vizen2
24-03-2016, 12:16 AM
Just arrived back from a 2 day, 500 mile round trip to Scotland, I noticed a couple of time the sat nav screen goes blank, just the direction arrow and the side bar with junction details. If I zoom out it picked up the roads and I can nearly always zoom back in, but not every time, twice I reloaded the destination and the road reappeared, any one else had the same problem?

also to save a trip the manual, has anyone figured out how to repeat a nav direction message?

thanks

Guest 2
24-03-2016, 08:18 AM
You can repeat the last navigation que but pressing the volume button on the steering wheel or the "I-nav" button if it has one.

MJC_OK
04-04-2016, 08:27 PM
I had this same issue last week, and ended up taking a minor detour - annoying. I wondered if it was because I was using Google maps in a poor signal area, so I've turned that off now, as it was usually just a green pixellated blur anyway.

Vizen2
04-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Closed into Audi Harrogate today to top up my Adblue, 6 litres in 1800 miles!!! Asked the service advisor about the Sat Nav issue and hadn't heard of it so far, suggested I book it in for investigatupion but I doubt that would do any good, I'm thinking it needs a daft ware upgrade of new SD card maybe.
Agree with you MCJ OK, Goigle map is a bit of a gimmick, I've already turned it off, still faulty.
watch this space

MJC_OK
04-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Christ, I've done 2200 miles, and I have no idea when the AdBlue needs filling - they neglected to mention the car even needed it when I bought it

Keep us posted!