PDA

View Full Version : New Q7 windscreen quality

Big_D_80
22-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Hi. I seem to be collecting an awful lot of stone chips on my windscreen from just normal driving on reasonably 'clean' roads. Is anyone else experiencing this?
I wondering if the quality of the Pilkington glass they use is not that good because I never had this issue on my 2014 A6. It could just be bad luck but I'm beginning to think it more than that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyhud007
22-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Cant say I've noticed anything out the ordinary on mine mate... sorry

The Glassman
22-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Hi. I seem to be collecting an awful lot of stone chips on my windscreen from just normal driving on reasonably 'clean' roads. Is anyone else experiencing this?
I wondering if the quality of the Pilkington glass they use is not that good because I never had this issue on my 2014 A6. It could just be bad luck but I'm beginning to think it more than that...

Could it be that the roads are in poor condition, and not the quality of glass?

Nemo78
22-03-2016, 07:00 PM

I would say pure bad luck...

zollaf
22-03-2016, 07:18 PM
does it say where it was made. apparently pilkington make glass all round the world and also in china..

The Glassman
22-03-2016, 07:48 PM
One of the reasons the OE part marking are obliterated/removed is that they're rejected from the factory (this could be due to a number of reasons in itself).