PDA

View Full Version : Folding wing mirrors fault

Jimbodean91
16-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Hi all, I'm having an issue with the passenger side mirror not working correctly, either it doesn't fold out when I unlock, or fold in when I lock the car. I rang my local VW where I purchased it, King's Lynn, and they are claiming it to be under 'wear and tear' and not under warranty! I fail to believe it's wear and tear when the cars 4 months old! Anyone else having any issues or shine any light on this?

Deutschwerx
16-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Hi, I believe your in the right here, wear and tear is something controlled by you, brakes, clutch etc. this is a standard function of the vehicle. If it was designed and supplied to do so then it should. The same as the door was designed to open and close.

Regards,

Grant

StumblingTrout
18-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Hi all, I'm having an issue with the passenger side mirror not working correctly, either it doesn't fold out when I unlock, or fold in when I lock the car. I rang my local VW where I purchased it, King's Lynn, and they are claiming it to be under 'wear and tear' and not under warranty! I fail to believe it's wear and tear when the cars 4 months old! Anyone else having any issues or shine any light on this?

On a 4 month old car? That's nonsense. Tell them to fix it, or you'll be complaining to VWUK customer services. I would expect an apology for a comment like that.

fm_carv
02-04-2016, 11:21 AM

The mirrors only fold/unfold if you open the driver's door first, they stay folded or unfolded if car is opened through passenger's doors

Jimbodean91
02-04-2016, 07:11 PM
Update! After a couple more emails between myself and Kings Lynn VW, they've agreed to fix it under warranty, A quick threat of going to VW themselves to get it resolved and they buckled and Booked me in immediately, if anyone else ends up with this issue, just give your dealership a bit more pressure and it should get sorted!

o_s_420
09-07-2021, 12:45 AM
Update! After a couple more emails between myself and Kings Lynn VW, they've agreed to fix it under warranty, A quick threat of going to VW themselves to get it resolved and they buckled and Booked me in immediately, if anyone else ends up with this issue, just give your dealership a bit more pressure and it should get sorted!

JimboDean91, I have the same issue on my 2015 Passat. The passenger side mirror sometimes does not fold when locking and sometimes then decides to fold when unlocking. The car is not under warranty so I’ll be looking to fix this myself.
Did VW ever tell you what the issue was with the mirror and what did they do to fix it? Lastly did you ever get sight of what it cost them?

Thanks