PDA

View Full Version : New Q7 - Advice on options

elrao
12-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Planning on pulling the trigger on a new Q7 next week (baby #3 due in August!), having seen Daytona Grey we've at least now chosen a colour! Been offered a pretty good discount from a couple of dealers (hoping my local will match it)

Starting from a 272 S Line, we have decided on the below options

Air Suspension (£2000)
Full leather seats (£1100)
Virtual cockpit (£600)
3 spoke flat bottomed steering wheel (£150)
Panoramic sunroof (£1700)
Non smoking pack (£0)

We are considering:

Bose (£1100)
Tow Bar (£1300)
Extended leather pack (£1500)
21" alloy wheels (£1100)
85 litre fuel tank (£115)
Oakl grey lower inlays (£550)

In reality I can afford two out of the three big options, thinking Bose and tow bar as those cant be easily retrofitted (you can get tow bars, but not retractable and not without cutting the bumper), I know the leather pack can't be retrofitted but not sure it's worth it, haven't seen a car with it to know!

Any options people think I should be considering?

Gavin0478
12-03-2016, 11:34 PM
Bin the sunroof as you will never use it.
Go for something that has the adaptive cruise etc as that will be much better.

dghdgh
12-03-2016, 11:45 PM
I would defiantly include the reversing camera.

elrao
13-03-2016, 08:10 AM
We had the panoramic sunroof in our first range rover sport, not in the second and the kids really missed it. (We only had each one for about a month as loan cars).

I know the kids would enjoy it, was the first thing they mentioned when we went to look at the q7s at the dealer. It makes a big difference to the feeling of space especially in the 3rd row.

I only ever use cruise control when there's average speed cameras, so wouldn't make the most of ACC. Did think about getting the dynamic pack, but there's nothing other than the air suspension I thought I'd actually use.

Rear view camera nearly made the list, will take another look at those options, don't think we really need surround cameras though.

Anyone comment on standard audio v Bose? Is it worth the money, same with the leather pack?

dghdgh
13-03-2016, 09:19 AM
I was going to go for leather as opposed to the leather and alcanta. However on reading the us forums and not been impresses with the quality of leather compared to my mere I thought I'd go the cheaper route. The leather was too polished for my liking, it may wear in.
My wife won't consider sitting in the driver seat without a reversing camera, she can sit on the drive looking at the camera all day as long as you don't need the ignition on to view it. lol. Seriously the camera is one aid I had on my list but never considered the all round view.
You need to be looking around 10% + for the discount including add ons.

elrao
13-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Leather looks much the same as on our other audis, major consideration for us is how much easier it is to clean! I've seen both and much prefer the look of the full leather seats. It was the "leather pack" I was considering, door handles etc.

10% is the discount I've been offered, without really trying, got 9.2% from carwow and a other dealer then went to 10% immediately to beat that. My local dealer won't talk numbers until I'm ready to order! What other "extras" have you had?

elrao
13-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Just re read, you said 10%+ including add-ons. Have been offered 10% off total, so 10% off all the options too.

Looking at spending about £55k, so about £7k of options on an S Line 272.

dghdgh
13-03-2016, 09:40 AM
I was fairly tight on what I went for, air suspension, metallic, reversing camera and virtual cockpit. I ordered through an affinity programme and got a really good discount beating all the broker sites by around 3%. I am sure you can negotiate but my starting point was by using drive the deal, none of the dealers I spoke too could or would get close that price. So when I springboarded another 3% I was quite happy. I would add no pcp or other purchase options were available.

elrao
13-03-2016, 09:52 AM
Am going to try the other broker sites too, auto ebid was indicating a bit more than 10% minimum discount and that's after their fee, which is a few %. What other broker sites would you look at?

What do you mean by affinity program, from your employer?

dghdgh
13-03-2016, 09:58 AM
I looked at Drive the Deal, Carwow, autoebid and Coast to Coast. The affinity programme was for Emergency Services, Forces and Ex Forces, but you need to prove your status. Motor Source do a programme for public sector and well as Forces, Ex Forces and Police, if it helps.

elrao
13-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Drive the deal came out about 11.5% for cash, similar to auto ebid from memory.

Given they get a commission from the dealer, you'd hope the dealer would at least match it.

pitch3110
13-03-2016, 04:09 PM
I opt'd the PCH route with a 218ps S line deal well under £13k and 20k miles for two years.

elrao
13-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Not really interested in pch or a 218. Coming from an s4 avant, so a 272 already feels sluggish. If the SQ7 was available before the baby then I'd be tempted by that!

pitch3110
13-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Just thought PCH was worth a mention and yes being use to a 300bhp Golf and half ton 170bhp (at the wheels) go cart myself, I am sure the 218ps will feel VERY slugish

elrao
13-03-2016, 08:54 PM
There are some great dealer contributions on some vehicles, but nit the q7 (£500).

dghdgh
13-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Its funny the q7 is breaking new ground for me spending so much on a car. My wife went along with a budget of £40k, so then crept in the 218bhp se @ around £44. In a moment of "DO WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT" came the 272bhp Sline. This caused another break in matrimonial communication then why don't you get metallic, this included air suspension, reversing camera and virtual cockpit. I ve just to hide the invoice and avoid so called friends who like to discuss the price of bread. The 218bhp would have done me apart from I am buying out right so the retention will be higher on the 272bhp. The trim level and extras have pushed me beyond reason as I could have invested in a rental property returning £5K a year for the £50k mark. But life is for living, however in no way do I consider any car in the q7 range to be inferior or cheap. I do note that some posts and replies can be either condescending or touchy, folks which ever way you look at it you are parting with a reasonable chunk of cash.

Spr0cket
14-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Funny, just myself moved out of an S4 Avant that was MRC tuned into the Q7. As you say, it's a different car, though I don't regret it for a minute despite having a little less than half the horsepower and significantly more weight. The Q just glides along in serenity and I'd struggle to hoon this much weight around local lanes anyway.

So back to your options:

Air Suspension (£2000)
Full leather seats (http://rd.shopzilla.co.uk/rd2?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cotswoldco.com%2Fdining-room-furniture%2Fdining-chairs%2Fcastle-oak-rollback-cream-leather-dining-chair%2F%3Futm_source%3Dshopzilla%26utm_medium%3Dc pc%26utm_campaign%3Dshopzillapro&mid=279303&catId=13842&atom=11313&prodId=&oid=5639789485&pos=1&bId=18&bidType=0&bAmt=08d896c51a7a8290&cobrand=2&ppr=8ad6dc4feb03f252&af_sid=25&mpid=185474&keyword=leather%20seats&rf=af1&af_assettype_id=10&af_creative_id=2912) (£1100)
Virtual cockpit (£600)
Non smoking pack (£0)

These are all good. I love the roof - as do the kids. On a black interior it really helps brighten it up.
Air suspension - never knew how good it was till I tried an SE without it... different drive altogether.

We are considering:

Bose (£1100)
Tow Bar (£1300)
Extended leather pack (£1500)
21" alloy wheels (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_nkw=alloy+wheels) (£1100)
Oakl grey lower inlays (£550)

Bose - definite in my view. I was used to the B&O in the S4 and this is certainly comparable if not slightly more open to my ears. The standard audio I felt was very bland and lacked definition and staging.

21" alloys - they still look small in those huge wheel arches but do help.
Tow bar - not used ours yet but it's great to promote ooooohhhhh when you show it to folk :) I do use hitch mounted bike racks so this was a welcome addition.
I have the bigger fuel tank - I guess I fill up slightly less - I hate slipping around at the pumps so anything that makes those stops less necessary was welcome too.

As for the trim and the leather - I have the Valcona on seats and I'm very happy with it. I wouldn't pay to have it trimmed anywhere else personally.

Good luck with the choices!

elrao
14-03-2016, 03:09 PM
Thanks, I've dropped the leather pack. Tow pack is purely for bike rack use, don't fancy trying to put bikes on the roof amd if you put then on the tailgate you can't open it!

Torn with the 21s, as 20s must give a better ride and, for some reason, better fuel economy? Can the weight difference really be that much?

At the moment I'm looking at:

Air Suspension (£2000)
Virtual cockpit (£600)
Non smoking pack (£0)
Bose (£1100)
Tow Bar (£1300)
Oak grey lower inlays (£550)

So standard 20s.

andyhud007
14-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Its a good spec, like it.

I wanted the flat bottomed steering wheel, but after trying the heated steering wheel (£250 I think) I decided on that even though the flat -bottomed looked better IMO.

Air Suspension is £2000 but if you can, you can get Air suspension in the Dynamic pack with all the extras the Dynamic pack brings. I mean its £2655 so an extra £655 but if your paying £2000 for air suspension anyway, if you can push that little more I'd consider it. It feels better "value" if that makes sense.

All being said, its your choice, but best of luck with it! Keep us posted.

Andy

elrao
14-03-2016, 03:43 PM
I looked at the dynamic pack but there wasn't anything else in it I thought I'd use, same with virtual cockpit and the tech pack.

Still need to think about reversing camera, may switch the oak grey inlays for the camera.

andyhud007
14-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Fair enough. I think the camera is a better choice personally. If your going to spend this much on a car, the camera could save the potential for a reversing mishap.

chrisjerman
17-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Mine came with a camera , something new to me and I really can't see the point of it if you have parking sensors anyway , it's faster and safer to reverse with your mirrors when backing a long distance as you can see the clearance down each side of the vehicle which you don't with the camera , the same with parking in tight spaces you need to see down the sides with your mirrors while the at the same time listening to the beepers for how close the rear is to hitting something . I would never have a car with out sensors but wouldn't miss the camera one bit , would far rather they spent the money on putting decent reversing lights on cars these days , I find I have to rest my foot slightly on the brake pedal as the brake lights light the sides of country lanes up far better than the reverse lights them selves

Bathurst
18-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Thanks, I've dropped the leather pack. Tow pack is purely for bike rack use, don't fancy trying to put bikes on the roof amd if you put then on the tailgate you can't open it!

Torn with the 21s, as 20s must give a better ride and, for some reason, better fuel economy? Can the weight difference really be that much?

At the moment I'm looking at:

Air Suspension (£2000)
Virtual cockpit (£600)
Non smoking pack (£0)
Bose (£1100)
Tow Bar (£1300)
Oak grey lower inlays (£550)

So standard 20s.

Comfort wise the 20's are better and from a fuel economy too (47.9 mpg) . The 21's are 2.3 mpg heavier in fuel (45.6 mpg) and 163g on C02 (not sure if this has road tax implications)

Q7newbie
18-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Wheel size, I'd say 21" all the way. In my opinion, even the 21s look undersized on this mk2 Q7. Unlike on the previous generation, where the 21s filled the wheel arches beautifully and really enhanced the cars beauty.
On this new Q7, that's isn't a single set up I've seen with 20s that doesn't look weedy and detracting of the cars looks (which I'm still struggling to love.)
The improvement in MPG between the 20 and 21s isn't significant enough for me to put the smaller 20s on. They just make the Q7 look plain and average.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

pitch3110
18-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Wheel size, I'd say 21" all the way. In my opinion, even the 21s look undersized on this mk2 Q7. Unlike on the previous generation, where the 21s filled the wheel arches beautifully and really enhanced the cars beauty.
On this new Q7, that's isn't a single set up I've seen with 20s that doesn't look weedy and detracting of the cars looks (which I'm still struggling to love.)
The improvement in MPG between the 20 and 21s isn't significant enough for me to put the smaller 20s on. They just make the Q7 look plain and average.

with you all the way

Mark20
20-03-2016, 11:04 AM
I'm new to the forums but I recently bought the new Q7 and was interested in seeing what people thought of it.

I opted for the following in my spec:

272ps SLine
Sepang Blue
21" Alloys
Panoramic Sunroof
Heated Steering Wheel (I have one on my Touareg, it's amazing how much you use it)
Technology Pack

According to the Audi site the car has left Bratislava and on it's way to the UK. Hopefully it will be here shortly.

I am pretty pleased however I'm wondering if I've missed a trick, I'm thinking should I have got the Air Suspension, Bose Sound System, Ambient Light kit and the Matrix Headlights. I suppose it's a little late now.

Is it possible to retrofit any of this?

Thanks

elrao
22-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Think you will be lucky to retrofit anything other than possibly the headlights if they are a straight swap (i.e. just a unit swap). I am currently looking at

S-Line 272bhp
Daytona Grey (£675)
Full Black Valcona Leather seats (£1100)
3 Spoke Flat bottomed Steering Wheel (£150)
Oak grey Inlays (£550)
Panoramic Roof (£1700)
Non Smoking Pack (£0)
Reversible mat (£115)
Tow Pack (£1,300)
Reversing Camera (£500)
Virtual Cockpit (£600)
Bose (£1,100)
Air Suspension (£2000)

Quoted £57,400 all in (just under 10% discount off the ROTR price). Was hoping to keep it to £55k, but cost to try to retrofit even something like a basic tow bar (as opposed to the electric one) is there or thereabouts, so its a false economy sometimes to save now and pay more later.

Q7newbie
22-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Think you will be lucky to retrofit anything other than possibly the headlights if they are a straight swap (i.e. just a unit swap). I am currently looking at

S-Line 272bhp
Daytona Grey (£675)
Full Black Valcona Leather seats (£1100)
3 Spoke Flat bottomed Steering Wheel (£150)
Oak grey Inlays (£550)
Panoramic Roof (£1700)
Non Smoking Pack (£0)
Reversible mat (£115)
Tow Pack (£1,300)
Reversing Camera (£500)
Virtual Cockpit (£600)
Bose (£1,100)
Air Suspension (£2000)

Quoted £57,400 all in (just under 10% discount off the ROTR price). Was hoping to keep it to £55k, but cost to try to retrofit even something like a basic tow bar (as opposed to the electric one) is there or thereabouts, so its a false economy sometimes to save now and pay more later.
I totally agree with you. The more complex these machines get, more imperative it becomes to ensure you spec your car with exactly what you want from the whistle. Retrofitting is expensive or not available at all until the a good few down the road.
Ultimately, specced is always better overdone than under. Better to have something you use sparingly, than to not have it and spend 3/4 yrs driving a car you feel is inadequate and missing something.

Q7newbie
22-03-2016, 04:14 PM
I've be able to get my dealer to commit to paying 70% of the cost to their recommended bodyshop to paint the grille, logos and window trim to a matching Orca black for my car, and have my wheels powder coated gloss black for free too once it arrives. I'll collect it once all that is done. My current Q7 has black optics, black alloys and blacks audi logos too, and I pushed to say the only way I'd order the new one is of they could prove this same external look, even though it isn't yet "officially available".

My specc finally was:

272ps
Orca black
Audi exclusive leather (Burgundy I can't remember the actual need of!)
Dynamic pack
Non smoking pack
Towing pack
Parking pack advanced
Pan roof
4 wheel steering
Heated wheel
Air suspension
Memory seats
Auto dimming, heated, fold memory mirrors
Bose
Heated rear seats
Tech pack
Power closing doors
Phone box- car play
Electric steering adjustment
Matrix lights
Rear side air bags.

It pretty much ticks all the boxes for me, the Mrs and the two offspring too. Delivery- May 28th. Then a further 2 weeks for the wheel upgrade and grille etc. So won't get it until July because I'm away on holiday on the 2nd of June! Arrghhh!

elrao
22-03-2016, 04:49 PM
I think you ticked ALL the boxes!!

andyhud007
22-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Great choice of options, damn thats a lot.

The only bits I wanted not on mine are Audi Side Assist (miss that from my old car but can be retrofitted for £530 I've found out) and the electric steering column but that was me just being lazy and fussy.

Keep us posted, awesome spec!

p.s. Mine has been all been blacked out too, check the pics in my gallery

andyhud007
22-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Rear side air bags.

Be careful with these, I was going to get them but they can cause issues if there are child seats fitted in the middle row and they go off. (so I was told).

elrao
22-03-2016, 06:09 PM
I thought about the Dynamic pack over the Air Suspension (an extra ~£600 ish??) but there was literally nothing in there that I thought I would actually use, including the Side Assist. I do wonder whether any options will be enable-able from VCDS; have had a few free options in the past :beerchug:.

Currently thinking dropping the tow bar and getting an after market one, for the 3 or 4 times a year I would use it (with a bike rack), I would be happy enough to first attach the tow bar and then the bike rack.

Q7newbie
22-03-2016, 07:33 PM
I think you ticked ALL the boxes!!
😂 😂. Not quite. But most. I didn't go for B&O, no full leather, no tour pack, just to name a few pricey options!
My specs will not always appeal to everyone. But I can honestly say I use all the functionality I've ever specced on a any car I've bought. My friend didn't get why I went for power doors until the You get tired of your 4 and 8 yr olds not closing the door properly! And OCD types like me get tired of people feeling the need to bang the door hard enough to register on the Richter Scale too! I'd rather they just nudge it in and let science do the rest!

Q7newbie
22-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Be careful with these, I was going to get them but they can cause issues if there are child seats fitted in the middle row and they go off. (so I was told).
Really? Hmm. I'll be looking into that this evening. Seeing as my order is 3 days old, it should be changeable.

pitch3110
22-03-2016, 08:41 PM
p.s. Mine has been all been blacked out too, check the pics in my gallery

that looks very nice squire.

elrao
23-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Really? Hmm. I'll be looking into that this evening. Seeing as my order is 3 days old, it should be changeable.

Was told you can spec amend for up to 3 weeks on a new order. May be less if the car was already ordered by Audi and then amended to your spec!

dghdgh
23-03-2016, 10:46 AM
I know I wanted to amend to include the flat bottomed steering wheel but the car had gone to preparation on the tracker and I was told it was too late.:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::zx11:

elrao
23-03-2016, 04:08 PM
So, 99% certain on the below, shocked you have to pay for locking wheel bolts on a £65k car!!

Q7
Engine
S line 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic
Power: 272 PS
Exterior6Y6Y Daytona grey, pearl effect 675.00 GBP
Equipment
1BK Adaptive air suspension 2,000.00 GBP
9VS BOSE® 3D Surround Sound 1,100.00 GBP
6XF Door mirrors - Electrically folding, adjustable and heated with memory function 100.00 GBP
PV3 Driver’s side memory function for the electrically adjustable front seats 350.00 GBP
3FU Electric panoramic glass sunroof 1,700.00 GBP
PTT Fuel tank - 85 litres with AdBlue tank - 24 litres 115.00 GBP
9JA Non smoking pack 0.00 GBP
PCF Parking assist pack 1,150.00 GBP
6SJ Reversible mat 115.00 GBP
2PF 3-spoke flat-bottomed leather multi-function Sports steering wheel 150.00 GBP
1D9 Tow bar - electrically folding with trailer assist 1,300.00 GBP
N1V Valcona leather with S line embossing on the front seats 1,100.00 GBP
9S8 Virtual cockpit 600.00 GBP
Audi Genuine Accessories®
Z8R0071336 Anti-theft wheel bolts, M14 x 1.5 x 45 37.00 GBP
Z4L0071215A Valve caps, for aluminium valves 22.00 GBP

andyhud007
23-03-2016, 04:29 PM
 . Not quite. But most. I didn't go for B&O, no full leather, no tour pack, just to name a few pricey options!
My specs will not always appeal to everyone. But I can honestly say I use all the functionality I've ever specced on a any car I've bought. My friend didn't get why I went for power doors until the You get tired of your 4 and 8 yr olds not closing the door properly! And OCD types like me get tired of people feeling the need to bang the door hard enough to register on the Richter Scale too! I'd rather they just nudge it in and let science do the rest!

Thats me entirely, I want everything I might want as I don't want to drive about wishing I had "that one thing". For me, my car was already at a dealer and unregistered so it was a toss up between no, factory order what I want and maybe not get so good a deal, or take the one they had there which was 98% what I wanted and get a deal and not wait... As you can tell, I took the latter. However, I just want Audi Side Assist, but as I say, I've worked out how to retrofit it for £530 notes... I'm just waying up if I want to do that (or not).

Q7Newbie - Make sure you do. I understand (assuming I understand correctly) that having Child seats in the back and if the rear airbags go off the child seats are basically "in the way" so could cause an issue. Thats what my dealer told me and thats all I know whether its true or not, but I at least wanted to mention it.

Andy

andyhud007
23-03-2016, 04:32 PM
So, 99% certain on the below, shocked you have to pay for locking wheel bolts on a £65k car!!

Q7
Engine
Equipment
6XF Door mirrors - Electrically folding, adjustable and heated with memory function 100.00 GBP
PV3 Driver’s side memory function for the electrically adjustable front seats 350.00 GBP
2PF 3-spoke flat-bottomed leather multi-function Sports steering wheel 150.00 GBP

Great Spec Elrao... I wanted the flat bottomed wheel, but after feeling the nice heated one (as you cant get flat bottomed + heated together) I went for that.. no regrets.

Some people have said they don't notice the extra space the 85 litre tank actually gives, mine is the standard 75 but I havent let it run dry to see how many litres it takes to fill. Those with the 85 say it fills to about 75 litres... so go figure

Door Mirrors - Yep, but maybe get the dimming ones too as the rear view mirror dims and its always good to have the wing mirrors also dim when headlights are behind you.

I bought my Q7 4M Mat from ebay for £75 for what its worth. I dont think its a "reversing mat" mind you, but its the genuine article from an Audi Dealer (Peterborough Audi I believe) that sell Audi Genuine accessories on fleabay

Cheers

Andy

elrao
23-03-2016, 05:21 PM
What you need to retrofit it? I didn't see the benefit myself (else I would have gone with the Dynamic Pack), but you must rate it to even consider it. I know sometimes it is a few clicks on VCDS, change a 0 to a 1 etc. However am guessing you need some additional hardware?

Was wondering as I will have the surround cameras etc. from the parking pack, which I assume are used in the side assist?

Q7newbie
23-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Thats me entirely, I want everything I might want as I don't want to drive about wishing I had "that one thing". For me, my car was already at a dealer and unregistered so it was a toss up between no, factory order what I want and maybe not get so good a deal, or take the one they had there which was 98% what I wanted and get a deal and not wait... As you can tell, I took the latter. However, I just want Audi Side Assist, but as I say, I've worked out how to retrofit it for £530 notes... I'm just waying up if I want to do that (or not).

Q7Newbie - Make sure you do. I understand (assuming I understand correctly) that having Child seats in the back and if the rear airbags go off the child seats are basically "in the way" so could cause an issue. Thats what my dealer told me and thats all I know whether its true or not, but I at least wanted to mention it.

Andy
Yeah, I have a 4 and 8 yr old, so their safety is paramount. And after doing hours of read-up, I've had the rear side airbags removed. There was just too little assurance from audi that they have been tested thoroughly with child seats installed.

Q7newbie
23-03-2016, 06:17 PM

Andy
As for your car! OMG 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍.
IT'S everything I need this Q7 to look like to make it bearable. Because with all that chrome and aluminum, plastered over it, it looks HORRID to me. 0lus,my outgoing Q7 is all black like yours too! So going from what I have, to this current magpies-wet-dream of shininess was hard to swallow for me!
Can I ask who did your car?
Is the body matte black wrapped or painted?
and are the wheels painted or powder coated?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160323/0f24a5afa7ae056b2943b2b88fa95d69.jpg

elrao
23-03-2016, 06:30 PM
I wasn't sure about the tank to be honest, you would think there would be a lot of trouble if it wasn't 85L. Leaving about 2 gallons when the light comes on (so ~75l to fill) does seem a little high, always thought it came on with about a gallon left.

Will look at the accessories side tomorrow, see what prices I can get. I noticed the roof bars and roof box at 10% off list on eBay, so no need to add those to my order (where I am getting 10% off anyway), if I can beat £104 for the mat then I can take it off in the next week or so.

Am also very tempted to get those side blades sprayed Daytona grey to match the rest of the car. Too much shiny chrome effect plastic on the outside. Can live with the grille, but those side blades - what were they thinking!!!

andyhud007
23-03-2016, 06:49 PM
What you need to retrofit it? I didn't see the benefit myself (else I would have gone with the Dynamic Pack), but you must rate it to even consider it. I know sometimes it is a few clicks on VCDS, change a 0 to a 1 etc. However am guessing you need some additional hardware?

Was wondering as I will have the surround cameras etc. from the parking pack, which I assume are used in the side assist?

Audi Side Assist is basically Blind Spot Warning in other cars, so a light on the inside of the Wing Mirrors if a car is in your blind spot when your thinking of changing lanes. I personally found this very good. Its not part of the Dynamic Pack, its either separate or part of Park Pack Advanced (off top of my head). If you have it your wing mirror covers are different to accept the lights like the picture below. If you don't have it, you have normal wing mirror covers. This is where the retrofit comes in. Lights in mirrors, sensors behind rear bumper (to pick up blind spot area) and any extra looms not to mention coding to enable it in the car via VCDS etc.

Q7Newbie - I hope my information was useful, safety also comes first but it was just the info I had so I made the same call as you have.

Q7Newbie - Yes the car is wrapped in Matte Black Wrap. I'll PM you info.

Q7newbie
23-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Audi Side Assist is basically Blind Spot Warning in other cars, so a light on the inside of the Wing Mirrors if a car is in your blind spot when your thinking of changing lanes. I personally found this very good. Its not part of the Dynamic Pack, its either separate or part of Park Pack Advanced (off top of my head). If you have it your wing mirror covers are different to accept the lights like the picture below. If you don't have it, you have normal wing mirror covers. This is where the retrofit comes in. Lights in mirrors, sensors behind rear bumper (to pick up blind spot area) and any extra looms not to mention coding to enable it in the car via VCDS etc.

Q7Newbie - I hope my information was useful, safety also comes first but it was just the info I had so I made the same call as you have.

Q7Newbie - Yes the car is wrapped in Matte Black Wrap. I'll PM you info.
Thanks for the heads-up! It's much appreciated. It's what we all spend our time on this forum for I guess!

Papereyes
26-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Has anyone gotten the all wheel steering option for 1100, was thinking of either going
A) dynamic pack
B) adaptive suspension plus all wheel steering
C) just adaptive and upgrade something else

Tossing up as can't afford both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q7newbie
26-03-2016, 11:45 AM
I've got all wheel steering ordered. It makes driving this boat on tight British Roads, winding roads and even parking a doddle. At the decreasing chance of my wife curbing the alloys on the multistorey car park too, it's definitely worth it!

Papereyes
26-03-2016, 02:58 PM
dealer told me same thing, but then i read this
The Car Seat Lady – Side Air Bags and Your Kids – What You Need to Know to Keep Your Family Safe (http://thecarseatlady.com/sideairbagsandkids/)
and
http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/Air+Bags/Side-Impact+Air+Bags

so not so sure now

Bathurst
30-03-2016, 12:29 PM
You shouldn't have to pay for the locking wheel bolts, they are standard on the car according to the UK spec online...

take a look under Equipment...anti theft bolts

Audi Q7 - Audi UK (https://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/q7/q7.html#/gallery)

Q7
Engine
Equipment

elrao
30-03-2016, 01:31 PM
Have queried with my dealer, but doubt it will make any difference in price unless I make other changes. As they took off 10% and rounded down to the nearest £100 as it was just over £57,900, without the bolts it will be just under and they will round up. But I could replace with something else.

Cx90
31-03-2016, 07:38 AM
Just did a quick check on Drive the Deal. For a 272 S-Line with metallic paint, leather seats, technology pack and dynamic pack with a list price of £60,134, they are coming up with £51,369.90 (including £500 deposit contribution for finance which you could take and pay off after a month or two). So the discount there is more like 14.6%, so I think you could get more off if you pushed it.

I have used drive the deal as a starting point with dealers a couple of times and ended up getting a few percentage points off on top of the DTD price.

elrao
31-03-2016, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately the deal has been done. Although if I amend the spec and increase the cost I can push for a little extra discount, but they aren't going to give me an extra 4%

Bathurst
31-03-2016, 05:54 PM
I think the drive the deal prices have come down slightly this week ( 1%) to encourage end of month sales as offer is about to expire today....they say...Quotes and offers are for cars ordered between 1st January - 31st March 2016 and delivered by 30th June 2016.