PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my B8 R-Line Saloon

MattB247
11-03-2016, 11:08 PM
Finally got the order approved and have a delivery date of late May for my new 150 R-Line.

With much messing around of the options list to get it all to fit in the lease value I finally went with:

Tungsten Silver
19" wheels
Sports Suspension
8" Pro Nav
Winter pack
Sound insulating glass
Debadging

it was either a 190 in white with Nav Pro, or drop to the 150 and get the colour and wheels I really wanted with the internal options I was after. The VW dealership says that the suspension upgrade is just a 15mm drop and hasn't got uprated dampers so the ride shouldn't be harsh. I spend much of my day schlepping up and down the M1 and then parking up to tube it into London so I came to the decision that as I'm not shooting around little A roads overtaking that much I wouldn't use the extra 40 bhp and I'd rather have the options.

Where the supplying dealership is located is in the reg prefix code area of "VD" so I called and made sure that they have it on record that if they registered it with those prefix letters I'd reject the car!! They're also in the catchment area for "VW" but they say there's no chance of that as the DVLA keep all those for themselves, chiselling sods.

Can't wait till June now!!

P Adams
12-03-2016, 02:29 AM
Very nice MattB247. I have a GT saloon in Tungsten Silver and my work colleagues are always saying what a great colour it is. My dealer gave me a choice of number plates and one of them ended with KFC – not quite as bad as your VD!

MattB247
12-03-2016, 06:24 AM
No joke - friend of mine at work who's about 20 stone got XXL as his plate!