PDA

View Full Version : BKP 2.0tdi oil pump replaced with a CR oil pump

james1080B6
11-03-2016, 08:21 AM
I have a 2005 B6 passat 140 sport currently has 81k and was think for the future i would really like the peace of mind that the oil pump isnt going to kick the bucket snd leave me needing an engine, i believe my engine is running the chain driven oil pump, i seen a highline passat up for breaking and was thinking about taking the oil pump out of the CR engine as i heard they are more reliable, can anyone confirm this or has anyone upgraded the oil pump? I would love to hear about some stories about replacing them?

Gazwould
11-03-2016, 09:07 AM
All CR will be gear driven but some still have an inferior 77mm hex key drive , even when 100mm the balancer shaft keyway still isn't hexagonal or hardened .

james1080B6
11-03-2016, 08:42 PM
Well would the CR oil pump have benefits over a 1.9 rep pump and would the CR fit straight on to my engine?

Gazwould
11-03-2016, 09:12 PM
I doubt it as KMB Parts Direct list PD and CR modified and remanufactured balancer shafts as separate kits .

GremlinCCS
06-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Not sure about the BKP motors or the CR but am familiar with the balanced oil pump as the 2.0tfsi has the same pump.

The BKD motor 2.0tdi 16v does not have that over complicated oil pump but a mere rotary oil pump, small, trust worthy with great pressure.

This oil pump do fit on the models with the balanced pump, how ever I believe you need to change the chain gear on the crankshaft and the chain. Further than that it's a bolt on.

They claim you'll have a little more vibration om the motor but it's hardly noticeable.

Alot cheaper, more reliable, less issues.

Mine give me around 4.8bar pressure on 2000rpm when hot so pressure are more than enough as the BKD min requirement are 2bar at 2000rpm

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk