PDA

View Full Version : New Q7 on order - June delivery

Bathurst
08-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Hi All,

I recently placed an order for a new 272ps S Line Q7 in Sepang Blue, which is due for delivery in June. I've added a few options such as rear view camera, rear heated seats, dynamic pack and virtual cockpit. I've left the car with the standard leather/alcantara seats and standard audi system, however I am undecided between going full leather and upgrading to the Bose system. I have a short window to make changes and decide on whether to spend an additional £1100 for each option or leave it as is.

I've heard both audio systems listening to the DAB Radio but unfortunately weeks apart. The standard systems sounded good on the day and whilst I noticed the Bose had a better bass sound and was clear when turned up really loud I am unsure its worth the premium over the standard system at normal listening volumes?

I've never owned a car with alcantara/leather but heard they are warmer in the winter months and cooler in the summer. For those of you who have made these choices can you advise if its worth going for the Bose over the standard system and why you either kept the half leather option or went to full leather.

Many Thanks
T.

Big_D_80
08-03-2016, 11:52 PM
I went for Bose and full valcona. For me those were both must have upgrades. I like the 3D settings the Bose comes with and I wouldn't buy a car at this price point without full leather. I was a bit concerned the alcantara would stain too.

andyhud007
09-03-2016, 09:26 AM
+1 on the Bose.. no need for B&O, Bose does a great job.. highly recommended

Full Leather too, I think it looks better, feels more comfy and gives the car a more "exec" feel if thats your thing.. its very much personal taste though

Sepang Blue... good choice!!!!!!

Dynamic Pack - Definitely.. Air Suspension is a must have
VC - Yep, great choice... if you can stretch to the tech pack then I would.
Park Pack will give you rear view camera and cameras in wing mirrors and front of car for full surround viewing if you can stretch to it over just the rear camera on its own.

Keep us posted and welcome!

Andy

Nemo78
09-03-2016, 10:11 AM
Interesting dilemma...

BOSE is fantastic and an easy tick.

Dilemma is Valcona or Alcantara...

I tried to change to Valcona but couldn't as build got locked 4 days after ordering and was worried. As said above leather at this price point should've been standard and probably will be when MY17 comes along.

Truth be known I love the Alcantara, it's pretty grippy and yes warmer on cold days (but don't worry about that as you have heated seats). I was in a Q7 courtesy car with full leather and weirdly didn't like it (previous cars have been leather)

Would I hesitate tomorrow in getting another car with Alcantara - nope!

As for staining no issues as yet from the little ones but I'm sure it'll happen somewhere along the line and I have as yet no idea on the best way of cleaning the seats.

If you haven't seen the Alcantara seats in the S-Line have a look as it really isn't too bad!

Bathurst
09-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Many thanks for all the input so far its much appreciated. I tried to call my sales man today but its his day off. I am hoping that any changes I make to spec will not affect my delivery date or build week. I am currently in build week 22 because of the colour we chose apparently and I've read that this is the week that models change spec i.e. MY16 gets MY17 spec changes (typically in favour of the customer so I am told and the price doesn't change either). From what you all are telling me I think I will go definitely for the Bose.

Regarding the seats when I initially ordered I hadn't seen the half leather option in person and only in photos and tbh I didn't like them, purely because the seats are not plain alcantara but are patterned with white dots which seem to be accentuated by the flash in most photos online. I then visited the dealer and saw a car in person and they were a lot darker and better in person and were very comfortable to sit in, however they did not seem uniform in appearance especially in the 2nd and 3rd rows unlike leather. Perhaps I am bit OCD but we currently have full leather in our 4x4 and I like the uniform appearance it gives. In my other car I have full Nappa leather which is really soft and has hardly tarnished over time unlike our 4x4 which seems a cheaper grade of leather and I am not sure how good or soft the Valcona leather is in the Audi Range and whether it will show early signs of wear.

As this primarily my wifes car I'm leaving it on the standard 20" alloys for comfort and i believe you get slightly better mpg over the 21" alloys (which do look better for those of you lucky enough to spec them). As much as I'd like to go for the tech pack I can't justify the additional expense as I plan to change my car next year so have to compromise somewhere!

1st world dilemma's ;)

T.

andyhud007
09-03-2016, 03:32 PM
For what its worth mate I've always had the Valcona leather in the Audi's I've owned, never upgraded to the Nappa. I've found its worn very well and a good quality leather cleaner has always kept it in good shape. I find it very comfortable too... again though, everyone is different.

Keep us posted!

Nemo78
09-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Oooh that's going to be one of the first MY17 delivered then...wonder what new tweaks will be included and updates

Bathurst
09-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the confirmation on the Valcona leather, its good to know. Which colour did you choose the black or rotor grey? I've seen what appears to be a dark grey on some Q7's not sure if this is the black or the rotor grey (or is rotor grey really a light grey?).

I've emailed the sales man, and spec'd the black leather with the sepang blue as exterior, only caveat will be if it delays the delivery in anyway then I'll leave the original spec in place as it will mess the whole deal up with the trade in i have.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

T

Big_D_80
09-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Sounds nice. Yes the grey is quite light imho.

Bathurst
09-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Good question Nemo78, the updates might be trivial given the car is so new, who knows! I am just hoping they've ironed out any of the pre-existing bugs in the early delivery cars that you occasionally hear about.

Looking online I can see previous updates were announced across the entire Audi range in the month of April listing the changes by each model and engine (I found various pdf's for 2014, 2015 and 2016).

andyhud007
09-03-2016, 03:59 PM
I have "Rotor Grey" in mine (and the car is black).. I like the way it makes the interior feel lighter

Bathurst
11-03-2016, 08:46 AM
Well just thought I'd post an update, both Valcona leather in black and the Bose system added to the list of options, factory have moved the build by a week to week 23 but apparently that was by coincidence and not a result of adding these options.

Regards
T

andyhud007
11-03-2016, 08:56 AM
:beerchug:

Bathurst
01-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Just had a call from Audi UK, they've confirmed build week 22 is the spec change for all cars to move to MY2017 (and my car falls in to this), its another week before they will know what the exact changes are, but given the car is so new they expect them to be minor. Audi UK will get back in touch with me in a weeks time to let me know what the changes are.

Will keep you posted.

T.

Nemo78
01-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Just had a call from Audi UK, they've confirmed build week 22 is the spec change for all cars to move to MY2017 (and my car falls in to this), its another week before they will know what the exact changes are, but given the car is so new they expect them to be minor. Audi UK will get back in touch with me in a weeks time to let me know what the changes are.

Will keep you posted.

T.

Bathurst - can you do me a favour...do you have your order number and hence have you been able to use the tracker?

If so we can get you to look at the background detail and that will help confirm your model version number, MY, options etc

Bathurst
01-04-2016, 03:32 PM
Yes I have a order number and am using the tracker (not sure how this would help?), however status is only at order received, options are in this thread.

Build week info supplied by Audi UK via email initially and then via dealer.

Nemo78
01-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Yes I have a order number and am using the tracker (not sure how this would help?), however status is only at order received, options are in this thread.

Build week info supplied by Audi UK via email initially and then via dealer.

Excellent...give the following a whirl

Apache Tomcat - Error report (https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/(put) your order number in here but remove the brackets)

Then you should get a screen with what looks like a lot of rubbish...

Copy & paste that in to jsonlint.com

This will neaten it all up a little and make it easier to understand - at the bottom you'll see your build date which you know, just above that all your selected optional extras but more importantly you will see the 'Model Version' 'MY' of the car

As the tracker updates so does the background screen and actually is a little more helpful with status of your car

(Hang on the URL isn't coming out correctly - I've put a space after the https:// remove that before using)

https:// www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/(put your order number in here)

Skippy73
01-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Did audi come back to tell you what the changes are yet?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JMB7
01-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Mine was originally build week 23 but checking via the method Nemo listed above has shown it's moved forward to build week 20 so definitely won't be a my17. Just out of interest the background tracking info still showed it as being a MY16 even when scheduled for build week 23.

The order was only placed about 3 weeks ago also.

Bathurst
01-04-2016, 04:20 PM
No they said they don't have the info for another week.

Bathurst
01-04-2016, 04:22 PM
OK got it to work, interesting mine says build week 22 (dealer told me it moved to build week 23, 2 weeks ago) and it says MY2016 not MY2017 despite what Audi UK told me earlier today, so not sure who or what is correct anymore!

Bathurst
01-04-2016, 04:58 PM
It would be good for someone who has a much later delivery e.g July/August to give this a try and see what the MY in the text reveals (MY2016 or MY2017).

Hopefully Audi UK will come back to me in a weeks time to tell me what the MY2017 changes are and provide an update on the build.

Nemo78
01-04-2016, 06:29 PM
OK got it to work, interesting mine says build week 22 (dealer told me it moved to build week 23, 2 weeks ago) and it says MY2016 not MY2017 despite what Audi UK told me earlier today, so not sure who or what is correct anymore!

The build date could still change slightly...mine did whilst in 'order received' phase

What was the model version?

Papereyes
01-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Dealer placed my order today, they said they would use one of their allocated quota to change. Said I didn't want it earlier and happy to wait and wanted specifically post build week 23. Let's see what they come back with when the order gets accepted.
Are we able to push the build week back or do we have no control over it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bathurst
04-04-2016, 10:55 AM
I can't get this to work today, keep on getting access denied (does it still work for you?).

I was in touch with my dealer this morning and he confirms on his system he see's build week 23. So my thoughts are that this info that was extracted is based on the initial order (as that was build week 22) and it hasn't been updated so far to reflect the change.

Nemo78
04-04-2016, 10:59 AM
I can't get this to work today, keep on getting access denied (does it still work for you?).

I was in touch with my dealer this morning and he confirms on his system he see's build week 23. So my thoughts are that this info that was extracted is based on the initial order (as that was build week 22) and it hasn't been updated so far to reflect the change.

Yes working for me tried about 30mins ago

Bathurst
04-04-2016, 12:40 PM
thanks, I'd forgotten to log in to the tracker first....build has moved forward a week according to this to build week 21!

Papereyes
04-04-2016, 12:41 PM
That mean you're now in my2016? Any idea when they will publish for my2017

Bathurst
04-04-2016, 12:45 PM
yes looks like its a MY2016 at present, but as others have mentioned there is a lot of movement in build weeks at the 'order received' stage.

I was told by Audi UK Customer Services "in a week" last week, so am guessing next week to be on the safe side when they will know spec changes, etc.

Papereyes
04-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Wondering if You changed an option it would push back the build week

Bathurst
04-04-2016, 12:47 PM
Quite possibly only option i was thinking of was the Smart phone interface but no idea if this will have any bearing on build week.

I might wait to see what changes are announced and then make a decision to delay it or go ahead.

Bathurst
04-04-2016, 04:11 PM
OK just had a phone call from Audi UK Customer Service, MY2017 spec is out today. The line was bad and i was about to walk in to a meeting and the agent was just going off shift so i've asked them to email me the details.

What I can recall is the Smart Phone Interface will be standard on the MY2017 and I think a level of audi connect (something with calling the emergency services) will be standard and that was all.

I hope to get this in writing from the agent tomorrow morning and will post this.

T.

andyhud007
04-04-2016, 04:14 PM
That all sounds plausible Bathurst. The Emergency calling services are two extra buttons in the roof lining module (where the pana roof buttons are) and you can press them to call the emergency services instantly or an emergency breakdown service (I believe). You need a paired Bluetooth phone. I believe it will also call the emergency services if your in an accident (sensed when the airbags deploy I understand).

I had this in my old (!) Ford Kuga.

Papereyes
04-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Reckon I can drop the smart phone interface from my options if it's included as standard?

Skippy73
04-04-2016, 05:05 PM
I ordered smart phone interface and I'm tempted to make a change to my order now. Mine is expected to dealer 16 May not sure in build date. But I know if I make a change it will place me back in the queue.

Bathurst
04-04-2016, 05:16 PM
I'd hold off lads just to be on the safe side tonight, let me get it in writing tomorrow and then you can get in touch with your dealers and make changes.

Papereyes
04-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Thanks Bathurst appreciate it, hopefully gets clarified, my hopes for all leather seats as standard are fading away

Nemo78
04-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Good work Bathurst. So interesting to read the bits that were on the press cars are now by the sounds of it becoming standard.

The car I drove pre launch has d the two emergency buttons in as Andy described - think it's in the manual anyway.

As for Smarty interface...again no ideas why AUK slipped this out and then made it an option in October. But offering as standard on new A4 and £350 on Q was a weird sequence of events

Papereyes
04-04-2016, 09:39 PM
So I ordered my car on 31st March with a 500gbp deposit from Audit, just seen they have increased their contribution to 1000GBP.

dealer has placed the order (awaiting confirmation from the factory) and has yet to either take my deposit or arrange Finance.

Reckon its possible to ask if I can benefit from the increased contribution?

Nemo78
04-04-2016, 09:42 PM
So I ordered my car on 31st March with a 500gbp deposit from Audit, just seen they have increased their contribution to 1000GBP.

dealer has placed the order (awaiting confirmation from the factory) and has yet to either take my deposit or arrange Finance.

Reckon its possible to ask if I can benefit from the increased contribution?

No harm in asking and I think they'll do it!

Have a look at offers as on PcP £2 deposit contribution now on Q7 but that could be part of the upcoming Q event

Papereyes
04-04-2016, 09:44 PM
its 2k, but 1k is a dealer contribution and the other is audi contribution.

Given the dealer is giving 13% discount there not giving the dealer contribution side of it (as the discount is bigger than their contribution)

Nemo78
04-04-2016, 09:45 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160404/f77880063d062edc60c7fd53b5eaee5d.jpg

Nemo78
04-04-2016, 09:46 PM
its 2k, but 1k is a dealer contribution and the other is audi contribution.

Given the dealer is giving 13% discount there not giving the dealer contribution side of it (as the discount is bigger than their contribution)

Ahh got you...

Bathurst
05-04-2016, 09:42 AM
OK just got the email from Audi UK.

The following changes apply

All Q7 models will have a £700.00 price increase.

New standard specification

All Q7 cars built from MY17 will come with Audi smartphone interface (7A7) and Audi Connect safety
& service (IW3) as standard.

andyhud007
05-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Thats good news Bathurst...

Now, I wonder if they can be retrofitted to existing MY16 Q7s :)

Skippy73
05-04-2016, 09:58 AM
I will be leaving my order as it is then in that case. I already have the smart phone interface chosen and the connect safety I'm not bothered about so I'll pass on £700 extra

Nemo78
05-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Interesting stuff and thanks Bathurst...

srbsq7
05-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Is the connect safety & service included with one of the options on MY16? I thought I had it but searching the order I cannot find IW3?

elrao
05-04-2016, 11:14 AM
I wonder if I spec amend, the price will be based on the new "base price" of the car or not. You can imagine what my response will be if I say "remove x and y" to save £300 and they want £400 more for it!!

Nemo78
05-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Is the connect safety & service included with one of the options on MY16? I thought I had it but searching the order I cannot find IW3?

No...it wasn't available at launch in the UK (it was on the press cars)

srbsq7
05-04-2016, 11:37 AM
No...it wasn't available at launch in the UK (it was on the press cars)

That's a bit annoying! I had it on my X5 for 4.5 years and never used it, so not worth delaying for it. At least there's no major changes.

Bathurst
05-04-2016, 12:17 PM
OK so here is my take on the MY2017 change, those of you who have already ordered your cars and are lucky enough to have a build week beyond 22 should get MY2017 changes at the MY2016 price (i.e free) as Audi UK do this in favour of the customer. If you have ordered the smart phone interface then you should get a rebate/refund of £350 in your final payment (unless they deem the emergency connect stuff as a benefit in kind and absorb the £350 to compensate, dealer will need to clarify). New orders will be MY2017 and you will have to pay the uplift of £700 on the Q7.

JMB7
05-04-2016, 12:41 PM
My replacement was originally week 23 but has now moved to week 20. I can live without the emergency contact and I specced smartphone interface.

Would be interesting to see what additional paid for options are added. I think with the extra control panel for the emergency contact they will probably also offer homelink, which is something I would have liked.

Overall I'm happy mine will be hopefully arriving sooner rather than miffed I will just miss out on something.
Cheers for the info!

Bathurst
05-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Here is a thought, has everyone who has ordered the smart phone interface checked whether their phone is supported for bluetooth/apple car play/android auto?

Worth a look...

Communication services < Get to know your Audi < Owners Area < Audi < Audi UK (http://www.audi.co.uk/phonecompatibility)

Skippy73
05-04-2016, 01:37 PM
That link though really only tells you the phones compatibility for Bluetooth not Android Auto/Apple Play.

Bathurst
05-04-2016, 01:44 PM
ah true, my dealer sent it through to me and I didn't look in to it in detail....

I wonder if there is a specific 'compatibility' list for android auto/apple car play or do we assume if the application will download/run on your handset it should work (but to what level i.e all apps or just some of them)...

Skippy73
05-04-2016, 01:59 PM
So basically andriod Auto will work if you download the app but I believe only from a certain version OS onwards. Apple will just work but again only from an ISO version onwards 7.0 perhaps. Apps are only the apps approved to work in the car. Like Spotify, Google maps, what's app, tunein radio etc.

Nemo78
05-04-2016, 02:00 PM
ah true, my dealer sent it through to me and I didn't look in to it in detail....

I wonder if there is a specific 'compatibility' list for android auto/apple car play or do we assume if the application will download/run on your handset it should work (but to what level i.e all apps or just some of them)...

I tried CarPlay in the new A4 using iPhone 6 and all worked fine

If I was being really picky...it's a shame it doesn't work wirelessly and has to be plugged in

srbsq7
05-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Apple blocked VW from showing wireless CarPlay at CES in Jan. Sounds like it's not far off and hopefully can be deployed to existing models by a software update. Fingers crossed ....

Papereyes
05-04-2016, 05:15 PM
OK so here is my take on the MY2017 change, those of you who have already ordered your cars and are lucky enough to have a build week beyond 22 should get MY2017 changes at the MY2016 price (i.e free) as Audi UK do this in favour of the customer. If you have ordered the smart phone interface then you should get a rebate/refund of £350 in your final payment (unless they deem the emergency connect stuff as a benefit in kind and absorb the £350 to compensate, dealer will need to clarify). New orders will be MY2017 and you will have to pay the uplift of £700 on the Q7.

Thanks Bathurst, got a call in with my dealer tomorrow so let's see what he comes back with.

srbsq7
05-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Just found this on the US site regarding the safety and service option. Can the current phone app not connect to the car at all? Very disappointing if that is he case! https://my.audi.com/content/dam/myaudi/brochures/quickstart/quick-start-guide-en.pdf

JMB7
05-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Would be more interesting if it did also in fact add the remote locking, heating and vehicle status as well as the emergency connect as they are listed in the same section and currently unavailable for UK owners.

andyhud007
05-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Just found this on the US site regarding the safety and service option. Can the current phone app not connect to the car at all? Very disappointing if that is he case! https://my.audi.com/content/dam/myaudi/brochures/quickstart/quick-start-guide-en.pdf

The Audi MMI Connect app can connect to UK cars, it works on mine but is flaky. I use it for Napster and Aupeo! (two music services built into MMI) and for parking location (which is just using GPS in my phone) and sending sat nav plans direct from my phone to the car so its there when I start the car.

No remote lock/unlock, no remote heating etc despite us having the tag on the keys with the code etc. I believe its going to be a software update/change to make it work for UK cars. Thats just a personal hunch of course but I'm keep my eyes peeled.

srbsq7
05-04-2016, 06:56 PM
This was all on my 2011 X5 so didn't think to check, I just assumed it would be on the Q7 given the level of tech. Hopefully you're right on the software update. I can live without the SOS button.

t1sh
05-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Hello all,

I have been reading this forum for last 3 weeks. I know I was in "stealth" mode.

I would like to thank you all for the input as I have adjusted some configuration details on my Q7.

I ordered the car on 8th March with 3.0 TDI 272hp 19inch wheel( I know but this is what is available after adding the packages), Sepang Blue, Comfort Package, Dynamic Pack( although in Poland this is not available but most all options from it I have ordered), Technology Package, S Line Selection, S Line Exterior, All wheel drive, double glazed windows, manual sun blinds, heated wheel drive, pneumatic/air suspension, black alcantara with grey headlining, Matrix headlights, Comfort central arm rest, 4 zone climate control, sport seats, Inlays - Upper in brushed aluminium, Sono, lower in Beaufort walnut; Ambient Lighting Package.....plus ioniser.
I have deleted second roll air bags after reading this forum plus American one. I have two small boys and they everything else but sitting still! :)

I was told that it is locked for build on 17th week although I signed that it will be delivered on 30th June so around 24-25th week. This came as surprised as I wanted to add the electric hack but was denied! :(

Reading here I should expect some changes! :)

Funny thing was when I spoke to the dealer yesterday stating my surprise of the early build. He told me: "Well, it takes 3-4 weeks to deliver the car by sea!!!". Me: "Are you sure? As far as I know Q7 is produced in Bratislava meaning 600-700km from Warsaw!". It made me laugh big time as he had to check with his colleagues.

So I am waiting for more details from the dealer as we can't track our orders over the net.

srbsq7
05-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Welcome!

That would seem a quick build week if you only ordered on 8th March! I placed my order on 6th Feb and the dynamic pack is what is causing the delay - currently at week 18.

Funny about the sea delivery but wouldn't surprise me if they took the long way round. I remember my X5 visited Holland on the way from the US.

Nemo78
05-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Welcome!

That would seem a quick build week if you only ordered on 8th March! I placed my order on 6th Feb and the dynamic pack is what is causing the delay - currently at week 18.

Funny about the sea delivery but wouldn't surprise me if they took the long way round. I remember my X5 visited Holland on the way from the US.

Could it be an amended stock car? But still very quick nevertheless

Do you know what the issue is with the dynamic pack? Not personally had any issues with a delay and my replacement car was built couple weeks back.

t1sh
05-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Well, Poland shares a border with Slovakia! I doubt it will take more than few days to deliver the car.

I will keep you updated.

elrao
05-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Shame factory collection isn't an option!

srbsq7
05-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Could it be an amended stock car? But still very quick nevertheless

Do you know what the issue is with the dynamic pack? Not personally had any issues with a delay and my replacement car was built couple weeks back.

I will be speaking to be dealer on Friday and ask but he's said several times if I were to drop it from the spec it would come right in - this was when it was out at week 24.

Why did you need a replacement car?

t1sh
05-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Totally agree with you! Not a bad idea to ask them. Although I really doubt. As if will need numbed plates and insurance.
However a visit while building it! Wouldn't mind seeing that!

Nemo78
06-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Why did you need a replacement car?

I've had a lot of different issues with the car, some of which they were able to fix and some not...therefore we agreed to get a replacement car

Papereyes
06-04-2016, 12:24 PM

Thanks Bathurst spoke to dealer and they will increase Audi contribution and they confirmed if smartphone interface is in my2017 as standard will give back refund on the option.

So Bose with twin leather it is!

srbsq7
06-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Would be more interesting if it did also in fact add the remote locking, heating and vehicle status as well as the emergency connect as they are listed in the same section and currently unavailable for UK owners.

Asked the dealer today and he said that the remote locking should be available as I've got the Technology Pack. He also thought the SOS should work when airbags are deployed but obviously won't have a button. Hopefully this turns out to be the case.

Nemo78
06-04-2016, 07:23 PM
He also thought the SOS should work when airbags are deployed but obviously won't have a button. Hopefully this turns out to be the case.

Hopefully something though that will never be tested out...

andyhud007
06-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Asked the dealer today and he said that the remote locking should be available as I've got the Technology Pack. He also thought the SOS should work when airbags are deployed but obviously won't have a button. Hopefully this turns out to be the case.

I have the Tech Pack and remote locking aint there. The option in the MMI to log your code on your Key tags is not showing. Its understood its not available on the UK market.

SOS will be called when Airbags are deployed, that is correct.

Papereyes
08-04-2016, 02:39 PM

So got this confirmed with my dealer, the order books for he my2017 is probably going to be some time next week. Once the orders are open any changes to specs will incur the new price increase. So if anyone wants to make spec amends bat to do it now.

elrao
08-04-2016, 08:00 PM
I changed my spec today, apparently my order will be confirmed on Monday, so last chance to tweak this weekend.

Dealer told me he had to call Audi to make the changes under old price structure, couldn't just amend on the system.

He told me I'm down as week 22, delivery July. Should just creep in to my 17.

Bathurst
12-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Just thought I'd post a minor update mentioned on another thread, I added the smartphone interface to my order yesterday and its been reflected today by the online tracker, however there is no change to my build week which still stands as 21. I know some of you were amending your orders late last week and over the weekend but no one else has mentioned a change of build week so far prior to the MY2017 orders starting.

Bathurst
08-06-2016, 01:39 PM
So the car has finally arrived at the dealer yesterday, a collection date has yet to be agreed but I was wondering if there is anything i should specifically check or ask the dealer to enable on collection day? On the top of my head, obvious checks are external body work, internal seats/spec, confirm tech spec and ask if the Adblue (standard tank) has been filled as part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection. I've found a pdi check list for a Audi A7 which goes through the things they check as part of a PDI which may be of interest to those in a similar situation shortly.

http://sites.kzoinnovations.com/audiconnect/Complete%20A7%20PDI%20Checklist.pdf

Any advice welcome :D

thanks.

srbsq7
08-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Definitely check the options off - mine had the tech / model badge removal which I didn't ask for but was actually happy with!

The only fault I've found with my car is the microphone is dodgy, so i would do a quick test on speech recognition. This also means I can't really make handsfree calls as my wife said it sounds like I'm shouting from the boot with all the windows open - and this is with the Mic volume turned up to 10 (default is 5).

JMB7
08-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Mine should be ready for pickup early next week so probably came across on the same boat.

This is a replacement for my original faulty one. The first time round I just had a quick look and then drove off as I was eager to just drive and then figure it out for myself.

Will probably spend a little longer this time going through the menu's and checking everything is present and working correctly!

Papereyes
08-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Might be saying goodbye to the Q7. Just been told the dealer only has been given 1 Q7 as part of their allocation which means I now need to wait for next month and so delivery maybe December. Placed my order in April and losing the will to live on this car.

t1sh
08-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Oh! This definitely bad news! Find it quite strange though

srbsq7
08-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Might be saying goodbye to the Q7. Just been told the dealer only has been given 1 Q7 as part of their allocation which means I now need to wait for next month and so delivery maybe December. Placed my order in April and losing the will to live on this car.

What a nightmare. Looking at you old post, is this through drive the deal? Just getting my head round how you've placed an order but dealer doesn't appear to have allocated you a car?

Did you try Carwow? I think they got to 12% discount so a couple off what you'd got but at least you're dealing directly with the dealer from that point. Others here have recommend Edinburgh Audi (I think) which said wont be beaten.

Don't throw the towel in as the car is definitely worth the wait but December on a April order does seem ridiculous.

Papereyes
08-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Went through drive the deal and they put me in direct contact with the dealer.

Dealers told me they that's al the allocation they got

elrao
08-06-2016, 04:56 PM
I went to my local dealer, he ordered me a car. Got them to price match carwow (10% on a cash deal, it's higher on credit due to the dealer contribution). No talk of allocations etc. Has taken longer than expected, March order for early August delivery, when originally thought it would be 12 to 14 weeks.

srbsq7
08-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Went through drive the deal and they put me in direct contact with the dealer.

Dealers told me they that's al the allocation they got

Did you ask for a MY17 build or something special? I would have thought the dealer allocation only comes into play at the very start of the process? Once you're order is placed with Audi and trackable on the youraudi site, I don't see how dealer allocation comes into play?

Am I missing something? Just doesn't feel right.

Nemo78
08-06-2016, 07:05 PM

Ouch...is this because it's a DtD car? Maybe the dealer are now only allocating 1 car per month towards DtD and keeping the rest for 'walk-in' deals?

elrao
08-06-2016, 08:15 PM
You have to wonder how much they make on dtd cars, especially given they pay the commission too.

I pushed my dealer pretty hard to get more than 10% and they wouldn't budge, even when I was adding extra options and trying to get them to round it down to the nearest 500.

pitch3110
08-06-2016, 08:32 PM
I have a nice black one if anyone wants to make an offer.

Its on a PCH but I have been sent the V5 by mistake with me as the owner. First £30k secures.

Ta
pitch

Papereyes
08-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Originally requested it to be MY17 so i actually placed the order in March, but wasn't given an order number until April to secure the MY17 registration year.

Given that I have an order number and its being tracked on youraudi showing at the Welcome stage, dealer is telling me that it comes down to Audi accepting the order and providing them with a quota.

Here is what the dealer emailed to me.
"We have now received August allocation of 1 Q7 so we will now have to wait on Septembers release"

Which basically means December delivery. Its so opaque the ordering process and I'm not sure if its really down to Audi accepting the order or whether its the dealer being provided a quota and he then uses it to allocate to customer orders?

so annoyed

srbsq7
08-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Doesn't feel right does it. I think Nemo might be right. I assume the dealer that DtD put you through to is part of one of the larger dealerships?

Given the delay, what is the chance of getting your all / part of your deposit back?

I'd have thought if you spoke to one of the larger dealers tomorrow, they would have an allocation that would arrive sooner than that?

I don't think Gyro has placed his SQ7 order yet and I thought he was looking at October delivery.

Papereyes
08-06-2016, 11:37 PM
Yeah it's with Dundee, which is sister Aberdeen which is supposed to be one of the largest in the uk. Might try Edinburgh tomorrow I think

Gyro
09-06-2016, 07:36 AM
Doesn't feel right does it. I think Nemo might be right. I assume the dealer that DtD put you through to is part of one of the larger dealerships?

Given the delay, what is the chance of getting your all / part of your deposit back?

I'd have thought if you spoke to one of the larger dealers tomorrow, they would have an allocation that would arrive sooner than that?

I don't think Gyro has placed his SQ7 order yet and I thought he was looking at October delivery.

Was told October delivery by Aberdeen Audi, and mid-September delivery by Edinburgh. Going into Edinburgh Audi on Friday to do the deal - it's great as I only live a couple of miles away from it, only went to Aberdeen as I work there Monday to Thursday. Anyway, they have been excellent and bettered an already great deal by Aberdeen Audi. This will be my third car from them and have never had a single issue. Very slick and professional, even their after sales is good! I think Pitch had a good experience with them too.

Papereyes - I feel for you mate. Sounds pretty appalling the way they're mucking you about. Give Edinburgh a shout for sure - I heartily recommend them. When I was enquiring about going for a 272 S Line a couple of weeks ago I'm sure they said around two to three months. Dundee and Aberdeen are John Clark I think, they also have BMW dealerships in the two cities. I got my X5 from their Aberdeen dealership. Was lucky to get a great salesman but I'll never every set foot in a BMW garage again...that's another story!

satyp
09-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Many thanks for all the input so far its much appreciated. I tried to call my sales man today but its his day off. I am hoping that any changes I make to spec will not affect my delivery date or build week. I am currently in build week 22 because of the colour we chose apparently and I've read that this is the week that models change spec i.e. MY16 gets MY17 spec changes (typically in favour of the customer so I am told and the price doesn't change either). From what you all are telling me I think I will go definitely for the Bose.

Regarding the seats when I initially ordered I hadn't seen the half leather option in person and only in photos and tbh I didn't like them, purely because the seats are not plain alcantara but are patterned with white dots which seem to be accentuated by the flash in most photos online. I then visited the dealer and saw a car in person and they were a lot darker and better in person and were very comfortable to sit in, however they did not seem uniform in appearance especially in the 2nd and 3rd rows unlike leather. Perhaps I am bit OCD but we currently have full leather in our 4x4 and I like the uniform appearance it gives. In my other car I have full Nappa leather which is really soft and has hardly tarnished over time unlike our 4x4 which seems a cheaper grade of leather and I am not sure how good or soft the Valcona leather is in the Audi Range and whether it will show early signs of wear.

As this primarily my wifes car I'm leaving it on the standard 20" alloys for comfort and i believe you get slightly better mpg over the 21" alloys (which do look better for those of you lucky enough to spec them). As much as I'd like to go for the tech pack I can't justify the additional expense as I plan to change my car next year so have to compromise somewhere!

1st world dilemma's ;)

T.

June Delivery, Days off from Salesman, sounds strangely familiar,.... Considering you are listed as based Wokingham, something tells me it's Sytner-Slough Audi??

I'm also waiting on June or possible Early July delivery was surprised initially as the order date said March on their screen shot and I placed in late April

Anyway sounds look like you ticked all the right boxes.. happy waiting

elrao
09-06-2016, 03:01 PM
I'm also waiting on June or possible Early July delivery was surprised initially as the order date said March on their screen shot and I placed in late April

You will have been allocated a car they had already ordered, then amended to your spec. Mine was actually the same from memory, as I ordered sometime 23rd April (trying to get MY17) and the order date in my "yourAudi" shows 16/03/16. Mine is confirmed as Wk26

Bathurst
09-06-2016, 03:05 PM
Q7 ordered in Feb through Audi dealer in Basingstoke and currently waiting on PDI with them (Colbornes/Lookers - same group as Reading/Camberley), hopefully collect it next weekend. Salesman I dealt with is away on a course in Germany with Audi, so will know tomorrow when he's back.

satyp
09-06-2016, 03:11 PM
Q7 ordered in Feb through Audi dealer in Basingstoke and currently waiting on PDI with them (Colbornes/Lookers - same group as Reading/Camberley), hopefully collect it next weekend. Salesman I dealt with is away on a course in Germany with Audi, so will know tomorrow when he's back.
Hmmmm training.. Homer Moment

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Papereyes
09-06-2016, 03:22 PM

Lol training, my dealer (Audi Dundee) must be on the same course but he said it was more a p1$$ up in Germany *cough* I mean training

andyhud007
09-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Lol, my dealer just got back from that training today too. Q7 E-Tron, New A5 training and "technlogy" he said.

But there was no SQ7 for them to look at...

Training was in Munich

JMB7
09-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Can't collect mine until early next week as the salesman is also in Germany on training!

Nemo78
09-06-2016, 03:56 PM
My MasterTech is in Germany too..

satyp
13-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Hi Guys

Done a quick JSON dump of the QC week and was surprised to see the VIN (as below) listed in there as well!!!. Other than register for MyAudi and for Online handbook - Are there any other use scenarios or benefits of having the VIN early before registration? - Someone had mentioned not register too early for Audi Connect so I am going to Hold Out on that for for now..

Does anyone have Audi link for that Online manual? - I will check myAudi Owners sections shortly

Thanks

"modelCode": "4MB0E1",
"modelYear": "17",
"modelVersion": "0",
"exteriorCode": "C7C7",
"interiorCode": "XG",
"translatedOptions": ["F06", "N1V", "PCZ", "PDJ", "PTT", "PV3", "PXC", "QQ2", "WB1", "WB4", "WQR", "0N5", "1XW", "3FU", "4GR", "4X4", "5TV", "6XL", "9JA", "9VS"],
"buildWeek": "201623",
"firstDayOfBuildWeek": "2016-06-06T00:00:00+0100",
"orderSaleDate": "2016-03-15T00:00:00+0000",
"carline": "35640",
"handbook": "51787",
"options": "F06 N1V PCZ PDJ PTT PV3 PXC QQ2 WB1 WB4 0N5 3FU 4GR 4X4 5TV 6XL 9JA 9VS",
"orderDealer": "00088",
"vin": "WAUZZZXXXXXXXXXXX",
"commission": "0133170",
"commissionYear": "2016",
"orderType": "00",
"customerType": "10"

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Hi Guys

Done a quick JSON dump of the QC week and was surprised to see the VIN (as below) listed in there as well!!!. Other than register for MyAudi and for Online handbook - Are there any other use scenarios or benefits of having the VIN early before registration? - Someone had mentioned not register too early for Audi Connect so I am going to Hold Out on that for for now..

Does anyone have Audi link for that Online manual? - I will check myAudi Owners sections shortly

Thanks

"translatedOptions": ["F06", "N1V", "PCZ", "PDJ", "PTT", "PV3", "PXC", "QQ2", "WB1", "WB4", "WQR", "0N5", "1XW", "3FU", "4GR", "4X4", "5TV", "6XL", "9JA", "9VS"],
"options": "F06 N1V PCZ PDJ PTT PV3 PXC QQ2 WB1 WB4 0N5 3FU 4GR 4X4 5TV 6XL 9JA 9VS",

Seems to be hit and miss and mine never appeared! It's in the MyAudi site, under "My Service", then "Owners Literature"

satyp
13-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Not sure if All anyone has mentioned this previously, thought I'd link this in relation to MMI on MY17 orders.. Just registered on vehicle to my audi and had this doc downloadable...

audi-connect-guide-en UK from myAudi.pdf - Google Drive (https://goo.gl/S38UXx)

satyp
13-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Thanks SRB that was quick :D

satyp
13-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Interesting It lets me register at My Audi - but tells me no Documents for the chassis - Nice..

srbsq7
13-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Interesting It lets me register at My Audi - but tells me no Documents for the chassis - Nice..

Sent a private message

Q7NewBee
14-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Hi Guys

Thanks

I checked mine this morning and its on it has left Bratislava so not too long now :) & the background tracker is showing the VIN. Just curious what does the number against "customerType": denotes??

satyp
14-06-2016, 12:25 PM
I checked mine this morning and its on it has left Bratislava so not too long now :) & the background tracker is showing the VIN. Just curious what does the number against "customerType": denotes??

Yai-ye ya!

Mind too

It will head to Port of sheerness as looking at the snapshot of dealer detailed info... I think it's a day to Emden.. Not sure how long it will sit in Emden - Possibly 2-3 weeks??? according to the dealer update if no delays

Not sure of customer type. possibly denotes if the order is sent direct to customer address or something versus dealer participation? ?..

srbsq7
14-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Mine was 5 days from leaving Bratislava to being on the boat and another 6 days to get to the dealer. Hopefully only two weeks before you're driving away :D

Papereyes
15-06-2016, 10:50 PM
Ok, so looks like we're back on! Escalated call to Audi executive team they spoke to Audi Dundee and agreed to swap another order at Aberdeen for mine with the price protection based on my16 prices. So getting confirmed but it's build week 33 and looking at Sep delivery. Which if it's aligned to calendar dates is mid August is that right? And do we reckon Sep is a realistic order time

srbsq7
15-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Fantastic news!! That should be build week starting 15th August so hopefully at the dealer first week of Sep all going well. That would seem realistic as Nemo told me less than 2 weeks and that was on the money.

Q7NewBee
15-06-2016, 10:57 PM
Fantastic news!! That should be build week starting 15th August so hopefully at the dealer first week of Sep all going well. That would seem realistic as Nemo told me less than 2 weeks and that was on the money.
Congratulations! yours might be one of the first 66 plate Q7

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk