PDA

View Full Version : A6 3.0tdi quattro Oil Pressure Switch Intermittent fault

viperjng
07-03-2016, 04:13 AM
Hi,

Been going mad trying to solve this problem. The car keeps going into limp mode if i floor the throttle after say a 20 min ride in normal traffic. I can replicate the symptoms very easily. Got the car scanned and keep getting a OIl Pressure Swict malfunction. Changed two switches so far but problem persists.

The exact msg as per the Audi workshop scanner is " 5707 1 P164B Oil Pressure Switch Manlfunction(Upper limit exceeded Intermittent)" The car is absolutely fine in part throttle.

Can a aggressive remap cause this issue? The car is on a custom map where the tuner stays we are pushing close to 330whp and 790nm torque(cannot verify as dont have access to 4 wheel dyno).

Plan on reverting the car to the stock map and then checking if problem is still there.

Any suggestions on what else I could check or look for?

Regards,

Jignesh

viperjng
01-06-2016, 03:47 AM
Update

Hi,

The problem is finally solved tho not sure which of the componets I changed solved it or was it a combination of all. I changed the oil sump(it had a minor leak), The oil strainer, the oil pump assembly itself and the oil pressure valve. Car has clocked 80,000kms by now.

Took it for a long drive and tried replicating the symptoms causing the problem which did not happen.

Can safely say that the problem is solved now.

Regards,

Jignesh