PDA

View Full Version : Remote Lock/Unlock using Audi Connect App

JumpingJack
05-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Has anyone been able to get the "Car" page that is shown on the app description on Google Play to display on their phone? I have a sim card in my car and everything works as it should do, i just don't see this screen and its features.

Nemo78
05-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Not yet....I'm not convinced Audi UK have launched this here even though both app stores display it

JMB7
05-03-2016, 07:58 PM
I believe you need to be able to enter the scratch off code that comes with your keys and enter it in the mmi, but uk cars don't have this option in the mmi menus.

pyrochris
26-05-2016, 03:31 PM
I believe you need to be able to enter the scratch off code that comes with your keys and enter it in the mmi, but uk cars don't have this option in the mmi menus.

Does anyone know why this menu option is disabled in UK cars, or know a way around it? Seems to be rather daft??

andyhud007
26-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Not yet, it requires a code change on the car to show the Key entry field on the MMI for starters. Then I assume the app will display the car section because it will pick up that change from the MyAudi website.

I'm working on finding the option but no joy yet

maxw
26-05-2016, 08:58 PM
It just don't make sense why uk can't use this why would it matter

its like colder countries can warm the car up or cool it down via an app but in the uk we have to warm the engine up first

i think the e tron might have this feature mind

this day and age and tech you would of thought we would heave instant heat by now in cars

M

Skippy73
26-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Personally I think it is coming. I just think it comes down to different regulations in different countries. I think there is some regulation preventing this feature being released. Perhaps to do with security and wifi. I just think it's still in development in some areas. It will come though in time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

srbsq7
26-05-2016, 10:06 PM
I think it may be more to do with this commercial agreement with Cubic Telecom to provide the EU-wide E-Sim. It is annoying as my X5 had this in 2011.