Parking System Plus (7X2)
Heated Front Seats (4A3)
Technology Pack (WB4)
Light & Vision Pack (WB7, 9S8)
Bang & Olufsen 3D Sound System (9VS)
Driver Assistence Pack (PCN)
Privacy Glass (VW6)
Flat Bottom Stearing Wheel (2PF)
Door Mirrors Folding, Dimming, Memory (6XL)
Electric Seats with Memory (PV3)
AdBlue tank 24 litres (FK2)
Hill Hold Assist (UH2)
4 Year Warranty (EA6)

AGW82
05-03-2016, 03:27 PM

TunedMassDamper
05-03-2016, 05:34 PM
That looks great, hope you are enjoying it! What are you're feelings on the adaptive sports suspension? I've currently got an order placed with adaptive comfort suspension on it but am considering changing to adaptive sport. So little info out there just now on how these compare to the stock (non adaptive) sport suspension which is all my dealer has for demonstrators

AGW82
05-03-2016, 05:54 PM
That looks great, hope you are enjoying it! What are you're feelings on the adaptive sports suspension? I've currently got an order placed with adaptive comfort suspension on it but am considering changing to adaptive sport. So little info out there just now on how these compare to the stock (non adaptive) sport suspension which is all my dealer has for demonstrators
Thanks, I've only done 100 miles in it, but definitely love it so far.. The engine is a peach, loads of power and torque.. I took out an A6 with the 272ps engine and was a bit disappointed, but it feels like a completely different engine in the A4 with the slight remap..

On the suspension side I noticed a difference straight away from the old standard S-Line suspension of the B8, it's so much more refined and compliant, it really soaks up the bumps even on 19's. I haven't tried dynamic or comfort yet.. I don't think you'd be disappointed if you chose the adaptive sport option, but it depends what kind of ride you're looking for..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

TunedMassDamper
05-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Thanks, that's good to know. That's the problem with the suspension, a lot of it is down to personal preference. The dealers seem to be clueless of the differences and most of the U.K. journalists seem to hate anything with even a slightly firm ride so hard to get a feel for it without a test drive....which is proving to be impossible.

I'm coming from a BMW 335d on early gen 18" run flats and sports suspension so I'm used to a hard ride. Really don't want a wallowy car but have been getting fed up crashing over pot holes recently. Have test driven a B9 with non adaptive sports suspension on 19s which was borderline acceptable for me, currently got an sline with18" on order so if the adaptive sports does improve the ride a bit then it sounds like that might be the best option.

AGW82
05-03-2016, 08:34 PM
I think you'll find the adaptive sports suspension absolutely fine then.. I've just been out and tried comfort around some country roads and it's very compliant, not crashy and the car just flows over the bumps in a fluid motion.. I'd say it's bordering on wollowy in comfort myself, but I do like firmer suspension..

TunedMassDamper
05-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Thanks, that helps a lot. Think I will change it to adaptive sports then. The extra 10mm drop also is also much better visually to my eye. Saw an SE I the showroom on the stock suspension (20mm higher then sports) and it just looked ridiculous to me.

Now just got to decide whether to bite the bullet and upgrade to full leather instead of the alcantera I've currently got on there...

AGW82
05-03-2016, 09:15 PM
I don't think you'll regret changing it...

The full leather with the contrast stitching is very nice, and adds an extra bit of luxury, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the cost uplift from the alcantara. If budget isn't too much of an issue then go for it, if you're having to sacrifice something else I'd probably stick with the alcantara..

xtremist
07-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Good to hear that you are enjoying your new A4, looks very nice. I took delivery of mine on the 1st March (2.0 Ultra Sport) in glacier white with leather (no optional extras on our company car list).

I've driven about 500 miles in it so far and I'm really liking it. Still 'finding' my way around the infotainment system and have had to read the manual on a couple of occasions (man card will be handed in soon ;)) .

I'll probably write a mini review in a few weeks time and after I've had sufficient miles behind the wheel to make a more balanced view (and when the novelty factor has worn off).

tadziak
07-03-2016, 10:56 AM
And how do you like the B&O system? Does it have enough base? And have you tested the active lane assist? On my car it's a bit chaotic and often just refuses to detect lines despite being clearly marked...

AGW82
07-03-2016, 11:14 AM
And how do you like the B&O system? Does it have enough base? And have you tested the active lane assist? On my car it's a bit chaotic and often just refuses to detect lines despite being clearly marked...
I've not really had chance to test the B&O at any volume yet, sounds crisp and clear at lower volume though, sound is a little bright but there seems to be a good range of sound there..

As for lane assist, it seems fine, I had it on the B8 as well and it seems better on the B9.. I have set the intervention to early rather than late though, so that keeps it tighter in the lane..

TunedMassDamper
07-03-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't think you'll regret changing it...

The full leather with the contrast stitching is very nice, and adds an extra bit of luxury, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the cost uplift from the alcantara. If budget isn't too much of an issue then go for it, if you're having to sacrifice something else I'd probably stick with the alcantara..

Changed it to adaptive sports suspension this morning, pretty sure now that is the right choice so thanks again for your input on that.

In the end just decided to stick with the Alcantera, having looked at all of the s-line upholstery options in the flesh again I found the additional £800 for nappa hard to justify, especially as I've not got heated seats ordered which I'd probably want as well if going for full leather so really an £1100 uplift.

In the end it came down to the nappa leather vs. electric seats/mirrors with memory. Being 6'5" and with small kids to get in/out of the seat behind me regularly it was a pretty easy choice really.

AGW82
07-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Changed it to adaptive sports suspension this morning, pretty sure now that is the right choice so thanks again for your input on that.

In the end just decided to stick with the Alcantera, having looked at all of the s-line upholstery options in the flesh again I found the additional £800 for nappa hard to justify, especially as I've not got heated seats ordered which I'd probably want as well if going for full leather so really an £1100 uplift.

In the end it came down to the nappa leather vs. electric seats/mirrors with memory. Being 6'5" and with small kids to get in/out of the seat behind me regularly it was a pretty easy choice really.
I think you've made the right call on the upholstery, you'll definitely get more value from the memory seats.. And I don't think you'll regret changing the suspension, it's supple enough in comfort, but let's you have that sporty feel if you want..

Gazwould
07-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Hope it wears better than these .

http://www.ledermanufaktur.com/images/lederpflege/alcantara4.jpg

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/attachments/2014-12-21-11-07-28-png.46630/

Eshrules
07-03-2016, 12:57 PM

A shaving blade/de bobbler/phillishave/craft knife is your friend with that - fabric bobbles eventually, a quick shave removes the bobbles and a good fabric cleaner & conditioner after will sort those right out.

AGW82
07-03-2016, 02:09 PM

http://www.ledermanufaktur.com/images/lederpflege/alcantara4.jpg

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/attachments/2014-12-21-11-07-28-png.46630/
I had alcantara in the B8 and it was still pristine after 3 years.. How old is the car in the pics..?

ChrisGlasgow
13-03-2016, 12:43 PM
AGW82 - what an absolute beauty of a car!! That is immaculate and superb options list mate. Nice one mate.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you wait from Order? I have a saloon on order at the moment, order placed 25th Feb. The online tracker still has it as 'Welcome'. I am itching for it to move and for a build date to be allocated

Thanks

iambu
13-03-2016, 06:11 PM
ChrisGlasgow, ask your dealer for the estimated Build Week, I was told my Build Week within a few days of ordering. The YourAudi website order tracker doesn't show your Build Week. I have been told also that Build Weeks can change, if you're lucky they can come forwards but not always.

AGW82
13-03-2016, 06:26 PM
AGW82 - what an absolute beauty of a car!! That is immaculate and superb options list mate. Nice one mate.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you wait from Order? I have a saloon on order at the moment, order placed 25th Feb. The online tracker still has it as 'Welcome'. I am itching for it to move and for a build date to be allocated

Thanks
Thanks Chris

I ordered on December 30th, but the order had been placed by the dealer in September. This is common for dealers to place orders for standard cars which will remain spec amendable until a few weeks before being built.. This allows then to shorten delivery times to customers..

I do know that saloons are delayed at the minute as there hasn't been as much of an uptake as there's been with the Avant.. Your dealer should be able to give you an estimated build week number though.. Mine was build week 5..

garmcqui
13-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Looks great :)

What did you drive before this? How is it in comparison?

AGW82
13-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Looks great :)

What did you drive before this? How is it in comparison?
Thanks, it's a very nice car to drive.

I was in a B8 Avant BE 2.0 tdi Quattro S-Tronic.the difference is chalk and cheese, in terms of fit and finish, and in performance and handling, the new B9 wins hands down.. [emoji2]

TunedMassDamper
14-03-2016, 03:51 PM
ChrisGlasgow, ask your dealer for the estimated Build Week, I was told my Build Week within a few days of ordering. The YourAudi website order tracker doesn't show your Build Week. I have been told also that Build Weeks can change, if you're lucky they can come forwards but not always.

So it looks like there may be a way to determine your build week via information that can be extracted from the YourAudi system (even though the website itself doesn't seem to list it):

(1) Log in to the YourAudi website with your normal username/password.
(2) Click on this link: Audi Orders API (https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders)
(3) This should give you a page of text in json format that details everything about your order.
(4) Copy all of that text and paste it into the webpage at:JSONLint PRO (http://pro.jsonlint.com/) then click the "tick" button at the top right of this page to format it all a bit nicer
(5) Look for the "buildWeek" section at the bottom of the formatted text that appears

In my case this shows the following which ties up roughly with what I was expecting from discussions with my dealer when placing the order:

"buildWeek": "201616",
"firstDayOfBuildWeek": "2016-04-18T00:00:00+0100"

ILikeJam
17-03-2016, 02:47 PM
That is one glorious looking car! I've ordered the Avant in Ibis white but I've only ever driven or seen the saloon.

Are the white roof spoiler and black side fin things on the rear windscreen standard? They're a really nice touch.

AGW82
17-03-2016, 03:26 PM
That is one glorious looking car! I've ordered the Avant in Ibis white but I've only ever driven or seen the saloon.

Are the white roof spoiler and black side fin things on the rear windscreen standard? They're a really nice touch.
Thanks [emoji2]

They are standard on the S-Line trim.

Colste
21-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Hi,
My first post here...
I have an A4 Avant S-line 3.0 TDI Quattro on order, hopefully arriving in June..
I see your car has the LED foglights in the lower panels on the front, I am confused which cars get these or if they are part of a pack, I initially thought they were only available in the EU? Thanks.

AGW82
21-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Hi,
My first post here...
I have an A4 Avant S-line 3.0 TDI Quattro on order, hopefully arriving in June..
I see your car has the LED foglights in the lower panels on the front, I am confused which cars get these or if they are part of a pack, I initially thought they were only available in the EU? Thanks.

Hi Colste, they are actually part of the adaptive cruise control system, they aren't fog lights.. I don't think any of the new A4s varients come with traditional fog lights any more

They come as part of the Driver Assistance Pack – Tour

Colste
21-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Great, thanks for clearing that up, the confusion came as when I test drove the 3.0 TDI Avant at my local dealer, he mentioned LED foglights, it appears though that they are built into the headlight, not separate, as I thought previously.
There is some switch for them to the left of the headlight switch, I seem to remember...

AGW82
21-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Great, thanks for clearing that up, the confusion came as when I test drove the 3.0 TDI Avant at my local dealer, he mentioned LED foglights, it appears though that they are built into the headlight, not separate, as I thought previously.
There is some switch for them to the left of the headlight switch, I seem to remember...

That's right, the rear fog and front "All Weather" light butons are next to the headlight switch, and the fronts are built into the headlight unit..