PDA

View Full Version : New Member and Audi owner

golfpro59
12-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi there,
Just introducing myself as a new Audi owner (first Audi). I bought a Q7 3.0 S Line this week and I am very impressed with the quality after years of having BMW's and Merc's. It's the first time I've gone with a 4x4 (SUV) due to needing more space for family and my work and I am so far very pleased.

Hope to "speak" to other Q7 owners in the future and share our experiences.

Bye for now

onzarob
12-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the forum, wish i could afford one;):D

SLEACH
15-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Welcome and glad you are enjoying your new purchase which i am sure will prove to be better than your previous vehicles. Got a 4.2TDI on order but not to happy with the way I have been treated so far. Ordered it in Imola yellow but after 7 weeks waiting got told they wont paint it in that colour due to previous problems (peeling and cracking) on bumpers. Now been waitng 3 weeks so far for it in Sprint blue should be here for about xmas;)

golfpro59
19-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi Sleach,
I've heard great things about the 4.2TDI and ready around Christmas Time - Santa does really exist then!

For me the Q7 is everything I need and more, big, lots of space, fast enough, great build and looks. I had mine with the panaramic roof which is great - decided against the yellow paint though and ended up with Quartz grey, each to his own!

Guess you're counting off the days.
Hope to speak to you again when you have your car.

All the best for now

RickT
15-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Now been waitng 3 weeks so far for it in Sprint blue should be here for about xmas;)

That will be nice in Blue... it will be nice to see it in another colour than black...

Rick

SLEACH
29-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Still got no date but still itching for it.:(

Qcut
30-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi I've had a Q7 for about 7 months now. I have the 3.0 TDI in cobalt blue. It is a fantastic car but I would like to warn you about one major flaw with it. You can expect to have to change tyres every 8-10,000 miles in it. The outer edges of the tyres wear very quickly. I know some people who have done 20k are on their 2nd or 3rd set. If, like me, you have the 20" wheels this is rather expensive!

Setting this problem aside, the car is wonderful to drive. It does not suffer from body roll and I haven't found it unweildy to park either. It is a fantastic load lugger so if, like me, you have a family it is very practical. Happy to respond to any questions if you've got 'em.:D

SLEACH
30-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I have seen plenty of experience of the tyre wear as i have my own tyre & exhaust depot so fortunately i will get them cheaper than most and mine is coming on 21" !!!!!

Qcut
03-12-2007, 10:37 AM
I have seen plenty of experience of the tyre wear as i have my own tyre & exhaust depot so fortunately i will get them cheaper than most and mine is coming on 21" !!!!!

In that case, can you do me a deal on a new set of Goodyears?;)

SLEACH
03-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Certanly if you want send me a pm with the size or send me an email steve@shawtyres.co.uk and i will try and beat the rest! :D

Qcut
10-12-2007, 01:17 PM
This is an extract from the response to my official complaint to Audi about the tyre wear problem:

"We are sorry to learn of your disappointment that the front two tyres need replacing on your vehicle. With regard to them wearing prematurely it is impossible for us to guarantee with certainty the expected life of any such part.

Tyres are wear and tear items and as such many factors can affect the length of their usage. Different driving styles can affect the wear rate of the tyres and incorrect tyre pressures can also affect the life of the tyre. Customer's driving style tends to be based on a lighter car and with the Q7 weighing two tons, an aggressive driving style can lead to increased tyre wear."

So apparently this problem is all our fault for thinking we can drive like a boy-racer. I have subsequently pointed out to them that mine is a family vehicle driven sensibly on good roads. Also, that this is not a problem experienced by X5, XC90 and ML owners.....

SLEACH
12-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Apparently i wont be seeing it this side of xmas!!!!!:zx11:

Qcut
13-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Apparently i wont be seeing it this side of xmas!!!!!:zx11: Kind of ruins your Xmas doesn't it? I had similar problems when I ordered my A6 a few years back. Still, it will be worth the wait - trust me;)

info@weldingcut
14-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Hi Sleach,
I've heard great things about the 4.2TDI and ready around Christmas Time - Santa does really exist then!

For me the Q7 is everything I need and more, big, lots of space, fast enough, great build and looks. I had mine with the panaramic roof which is great - decided against the yellow paint though and ended up with Quartz grey, each to his own!

Guess you're counting off the days.
Hope to speak to you again when you have your car.

All the best for now
Hi Sleach

Collected my 4.2TDI in June, Garnet red absolutely loaded with extras.

Sorry to hear your ot happy with your dealer, cannot praise mine enough, absolutely brilliant (Cardiff Audi). Bit of a walk from Oldham but well worth it. They may even deliver.

As I said, had mine early June, done about 4k miles so far, see what Qcut means about tyre wear. The sides are starting to go on my front two. I too may be contacting you for a price on some tyres soon!

I must say, the extra power on the 4.2 is so noticeable, especially when pulling away, even more so now its done a few K miles. Effortless acceleration and the engine noise is great at high revs.

Have you gone for the Panoramic Roof? It brings an awful lot of light into the car!.

S Line definately worth going for, seats are far more supportive.

Revently had the IPOD adaptor fitted, Wow, the sound is brilliant, especially as I had the BOSE speakers fitted when I ordered the car.

Happy Driving.

Info

Qcut
14-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I would have loved the extra grunt of the 4.2. The 3.0 I have is fantastic from 2nd gear onwards but you notice the weight it has to pull from a standing start. I wouldn't race anyone in it! Thing is though, what kind of mpg do you average with the bigger engine? What with the road tax and tyre wear, I am discovering this is not a cheap vehicle to run.