PDA

View Full Version : Which Q5

dmahon
29-02-2016, 02:38 PM
The wife is after a Q5. For a change, we might buy new.

The only remit I have is that heated, electrically controlled leather seats and sat nav are required. And automatic. I'll probably get one of the s-line or s-line plus models, with the higher HP 2 litre Diesel engine.

What options are "essential" or really help resale later on, and which are a waste of time.

Liathach
17-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Pretty well any option will help future resale but you won't see much increase in the price you obtain for your car - options just make it more attractive to potential buyers when folk are comparing cars. I would never dream of specifying different Inlays, for example.

I collected a new Q5 S-line + at the beginning of the month after my A6 Allroad was deemed to be beyond economical repair following a deep-puddle incident. The options I specified were:-

Storage package - In the past, I have found storage nets, underseat cubbyholes etc quite useful
Interior Light package - improves ambience but no practical benefit
Heated Front/Rear seats - I do a lot of hillwalking and heated seats are wonderful after a long, wet day in the Scottish hills
Ext Mirror Elec/Heat/Fold - my Allroad did not have Folding mirrors and I missed them
Phone Prep High with Connect - don't know if I will make use of theability to connect to internet in the car but I convinced myself it wasn't much money!
Towbar - I tow a small trailer re garden refuse etc and I also have a towball-mounted bike rack so this was an essential for me. The after-market supply/fit didn't sound straightforward and appeared more expensive.

I forgot to specify a Rear View Camera and was too late to change the order so I have purchased a complete kit from the US - not yet fitted.

Also, it was recommended that I ordered the S Line Plus as it has a very nice standard spec which is more sought after on resale. Hope this helps!

dakdriver
22-04-2016, 08:48 AM
Do you maybe have a link to the camera kit you ordered?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Gazwould
22-04-2016, 09:29 AM
Get a 3.0 tdi .