PDA

View Full Version : Is this PreSense?

Nemo78
27-02-2016, 10:40 PM
So I've had the red triangle alert on previous occasions where it slows the car down...but today I was stopped at traffic lights, two lanes and cars on my left and in front and behind.

Then all of a sudden the car decides to pop it's hazards lights on flashing rapidly for 2-3 seconds before turning themselves off...

Any ideas?

Nemo78
27-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Apols somehow have duplicated the thread...

JMB7
28-02-2016, 08:51 AM
I've had the red warning triangle pre sense alert and braking, although only once in an appropriate situation. The other times are all in the same spot on the same road. There are no roads either side just a house set way back with a driveway. Not seen another in this area,yet around 25% of the time driving past this spot Pre sense is triggered. Happened in two Q7's.

Not had the hazards trigger yet although I expected it too at a roundabout as I watched someone fly up behind and just managing to stop before hitting me. The courtesy car I have may only have pre sense basic though which is why it didn't trigger.

Nemo78
28-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Wonder what it is that PreSense senses especially when visibly there isn't any problem? Had a fair few false detections

chrisjerman
28-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Mine tends to trigger in town when going around a bend and someone is on the pavement , haven't had it put the brakes on yet just the red triangle , reassuring that it is there though .