PDA

View Full Version : 2.0TDI 190 Quattro Saloon - September!?

ChrisGlasgow
25-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Hi all, newbie here.

Placed my order this week for my new company car. Ordered by Fleet Hire through Inchcape Audi Swindon. Spoke with the dealer today who are estimating a September delivery... I knew I would be waiting a while, but c'mon Audi!

Does this seem accurate? I have a commission number from Audi but I can't seem to get anyone to give me the company name and postcode from the order so I can track myself on the online tracker. Any combination I tried it couldn't find a match - but I was maybe trying too early after ordering. It may not have been loaded onto the build tracker yet.

I have had many A3's in the past and currently driving a Golf GTD.

I thought it was time to upgrade so I've gone for the A4 Saloon 2.0TDI 190 Quattro Stronic in Glacier White with privacy glass. I've pretty much added every pack and extra there is (sucker for a gadget!!)

:)

AGW82
26-02-2016, 08:34 AM
Hi all, newbie here.

Placed my order this week for my new company car. Ordered by Fleet Hire through Inchcape Audi Swindon. Spoke with the dealer today who are estimating a September delivery... I knew I would be waiting a while, but c'mon Audi!

Does this seem accurate? I have a commission number from Audi but I can't seem to get anyone to give me the company name and postcode from the order so I can track myself on the online tracker. Any combination I tried it couldn't find a match - but I was maybe trying too early after ordering. It may not have been loaded onto the build tracker yet.

I have had many A3's in the past and currently driving a Golf GTD.

I thought it was time to upgrade so I've gone for the A4 Saloon 2.0TDI 190 Quattro Stronic in Glacier White with privacy glass. I've pretty much added every pack and extra there is (sucker for a gadget!!)

:)

If you've ordered black styling or the heated windscreen this is currently causing delays to orders..

5 - 6 months is a standard lead time, however dealers place lots of orders on the system ready for customers as they remain spec amendable upto 2 weeks before build. So I ordered mine in January and will pick it up next week, however the order was acually placed by my dealer on the 21st September 2015.

sotondjt
26-02-2016, 08:56 PM
I ordered late January and last email from Audi said they would build on the week of the 11th July. So its not unusual to get a long order time. I bought an 11 plate A4 and that took 4 months. I tried to orderthe heated front screen but the dealer couldn't place an order with that option.

AGW82
26-02-2016, 08:59 PM
The other thing I was told by the dealer was that avant models were being prioritised over saloons as that was where the volume of orders was..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ChrisGlasgow
26-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the info!

Yeah I originally added the heated windscreen but Audi then told me after I placed the order that option isn't available until at least June when the 2017 edition is out so I removed it hoping I would get an earlier build. Maybe I should have just stuck with it...

Can anyone tell me what media adapters the car comes with or if I will even need any? I have added the sound and comfort pack and the tech pack with virtual cockpit.

Cheers

AGW82
26-02-2016, 09:15 PM
I think it's all USB now so you shouldn't need any adapters, I think the AMI of old is gone..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MJC_OK
14-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the info!

Yeah I originally added the heated windscreen but Audi then told me after I placed the order that option isn't available until at least June when the 2017 edition is out so I removed it hoping I would get an earlier build. Maybe I should have just stuck with it...

Can anyone tell me what media adapters the car comes with or if I will even need any? I have added the sound and comfort pack and the tech pack with virtual cockpit.

Cheers

As mentioned above it's all USB now, but make sure they give you an Audi iPhone (or USB cable for Android etc), it seems to be much more durable than the Apple ones, with a nice coil so the cable isn't left hanging out

ChrisGlasgow
05-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Order has moved from 'Welcome' to 'Received' on the online tracker. Build week 28 issued (w/c 11th July) - does anyone know how long from build week it usually takes for delivery?

iambu
06-05-2016, 07:28 AM
I ordered my Avant on 3rd March (brand new factory order I believe). My build week was 17, week commencing 25th April, but the build started around a week early. It is now built and at my dealers, collecting it next Wednesday 11th!

ILikeJam
06-05-2016, 08:56 AM
I ordered my Avant on 3rd March (brand new factory order I believe). My build week was 17, week commencing 25th April, but the build started around a week early. It is now built and at my dealers, collecting it next Wednesday 11th!

That's me in a bad mood now!

Ordered my Avant on 5th February and it's not due to start build till next week! Your dealer obviously had the slot booked then just amended it to your spec.

Molle
06-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Hello Chris,

I've recently bought a show room car from Audi Cheshire Oaks, also Inchscape. I was told that they are no allowed to do any factory orders until September, i assume due to the amount of stock they got at the moment. Another Audi dealership not in the group quoted me 12 weeks delivery time for a factory order.

I think you are gonna like the new A4 with all the toys. Im still finding new features in the virtual cockpit and the Audi connect system on my A4.

ChrisGlasgow
03-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Online tracker has rattled through Preparation > Panel Shop > Paint Shop in 3 days. It's now sitting at 'Assembly' - I had a estimated delivery date of 12th Aug so it's looking on track, hopefully come a little earlier :)

Excited!

Kestrel
04-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Online tracker has rattled through Preparation > Panel Shop > Paint Shop in 3 days. It's now sitting at 'Assembly' - I had a estimated delivery date of 12th Aug so it's looking on track, hopefully come a little earlier :)

Excited!

Trouble is...if it does come on or before 15th of August it'll be a `16` plate. Would they hold on to it for a couple of weeks for you to get a `66` plate? (Or maybe that sort of thing doesn't bother you...I know it doesn't bother alot of chaps.)

ChrisGlasgow
04-07-2016, 05:03 PM
A 66 plate would be nice but I'll be putting a private plate on anyway so it's not really a big thing for me.

It is now at 'Quality control' :-D

Kestrel
04-07-2016, 05:46 PM
It is now at 'Quality control' :-D

As is mine!

ChrisGlasgow
04-07-2016, 06:06 PM
As is mine!

haha they will be mates! They might come over on the same boat.

I'd imagine they will ship almost daily going by the number of cars going through production.

ChrisGlasgow
05-07-2016, 10:49 AM
I'm now showing as left the factory! :)

Kestrel
05-07-2016, 11:15 AM
I'm now showing as left the factory! :)
Delighted for you. You should get it fairly soon then.
Mine is still in `Quality Control`...apparently it can be there for up to a week.

Kestrel
06-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Mine too has now left the factory!
Intending to drive down to `God's Country` the weekend after collection. That'll put some `Running In` miles on it!

ChrisGlasgow
07-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Happy days! No sure how long delivery should take from when it leaves the factory, any ideas?

I do min 500miles per week commuting between work and sites etc so I won't have any problems bedding her in!

Kestrel
07-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Happy days! No sure how long delivery should take from when it leaves the factory, any ideas?

I do min 500miles per week commuting between work and sites etc so I won't have any problems bedding her in!

Hello, Chris.
No, I've no idea how long from factory to dealer.
I've arranged to take delivery of mine on Sep 1st with the new Reg No, so it'll be there in bags of time.
I know your situation is different so lets hope it doesn't take too long.
I only do about 500 miles a month so getting the miles on the clock early is important to me.
Regards
Mike.

ChrisGlasgow
13-07-2016, 08:05 PM
my cars showing as "on it's way to the UK" - I have been tacking a few ships from Emden and think it may actually already be in port at UK.

Hopefully not long to go now!

Kestrel
13-07-2016, 10:57 PM
my cars showing as "on it's way to the UK" - I have been tacking a few ships from Emden and think it may actually already be in port at UK.

Hopefully not long to go now!

Chris, I don't know how or where you're tracking yours.
I'm tracking mine via `Your Audi'.
Mine says that its left the factory...I will then be told when its in the UK...then when its on its way to the dealer.
Regards
Mike.

jimihat
14-07-2016, 07:56 AM
Chris, I don't know how or where you're tracking yours.
I'm tracking mine via `Your Audi'.
Mine says that its left the factory...I will then be told when its in the UK...then when its on its way to the dealer.
Regards
Mike.

Mine now says "Arrived in the UK" :)

ChrisGlasgow
15-07-2016, 02:30 PM
me too! Hopefully transport to the dealer happens fairly soon. Could be doing with the car by the end of the month, might be wishing for a bit much