PDA

View Full Version : Audi Connect App

Skippy73
25-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Is there anyone who has the Tech Pack with Audi connect and got their data SIM card in the car going.

The Audi connect app on smartphone does it let you lock and unlock the car etc? Apparently Audi connect lets you use the App to control the car according to Audi literature.

But the app in the App Store has bad reviews. Anyone have any luck with it?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickTyler
25-02-2016, 04:01 PM
I have the sim in the car working fine but can't get the app to work properly. I have entered the pin etc but it just says no connection to car available in the app.

Skippy73
25-02-2016, 04:23 PM
I know you have to connect the car to your myaudi account by entering the chassis/vin number first?

NickTyler
25-02-2016, 06:17 PM
I think maybe I am miss understanding it or expecting too much. I have everything registered and I just tried sending a destination to the car and it worked.

Skippy73
25-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Yeah you got it mate. A lot of the reviews on the app says it's the only thing that works on the app. Disappointing as Audi describe more in the literature. Hopefully an update will improve it

Nemo78
25-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Yup it doesn't work and hasn't worked...it shows in the App Store screens etc but the actual 'Car' page in the app doesn't exist...could be a country variation etc but no one on here that I've come across had got it working...yet

chrisjerman
25-02-2016, 09:05 PM
I have two apps on my phone , one is my audi and the other mmi connect. My audi can send destinations to your car and set up rss news feeds to your car , you can also find out service history of your car ,specification and other stuff .
The mmi connect one has stuff life setting up web radio , find my car and a few things , can't find anywhere about unlocking your car .
I thought the rss news feed thing would be good and set up loads of different ones but none of them really worked as they are not designed for a car platform , so I just stick with the news feed that audi do .

Skippy73
25-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Do you use google maps on nav as well? How much data do you reckon you use a month ?

Nemo78
25-02-2016, 10:07 PM
I wonder if the page with car locking etc works for the new A4?

I use google maps almost daily (more for just something on the screen than actual nav) data usage is tiny - possibly 200mb per month at most.

Now I did do the map update using my sim and it must've used close to 3gb data - it's ok as I'm data sharing from my phone data allowance.

The rss news feed I also set up - from memory BBC News/Sport , Sky News etc.

It only works when the car recognises somehow that you're logged in to One of the Audi Apps...could be 'myAudi' or MMI Connect and then it recognises the feeds but it's I agree a little poor.

chrisjerman
25-02-2016, 10:56 PM
Yes I use google maps , it's really handy for finding rural locations where the postcode maybe half a mile away or more . It doesn't use much data , I have 2gb allowance on my phone and I use this instead of a separate sim in the reader and I don't go over allowance , obviously some of my allowance is used elsewhere as well . However if going on a long drive with the kids I stick a PAYG sim in the reader as they can get through loads in no time using the wifi to watch videos etc I think on a 6 hr round trip they got through about 4 gb , they where very quiet all the way there and back though without a single are we nearly there yet !

NickTyler
26-02-2016, 09:31 AM
I have had the same experience. It uses a small amount of data unless you are using the wi-fi hotspot for streaming content.

My map update was about 600mb.