PDA

View Full Version : sport mode display. Cant see the display described anywhere

vince47
22-02-2016, 06:39 PM
I have had my SE Business 150 passat for about 4 months now. Love it compared to the B6 but since retiring I do so few miles these days that I am still exploring all the gizmo's . Yesterday I selected by accident some sports display on the infotainment and got 3 blue circles. I think by swiping them vertically I got from memory, circles labelled g, kw, oil temp, water temp, psi. Personally I find the handbook not well written & difficult to find things in so I have downloaded them to help searching. Despite that I havent found any description of this lot. The blue circles showing how ECO I'm driving are described and look similar. So I am wondering what PSI means, ie what is it measruring? The rest I can guess as presumably KW is engine output. When I last looked at the end of a journey yesterday psi said 14.5 so its not the tyres as they are correctly set and also it varies greatly while going along. Am I correct in saying this display isnt described anywhere in the manuals?

technik
22-02-2016, 10:56 PM
The PSI refers to the turbo pressure.

vince47
22-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Thank you technik. However now I know that, I am not sure what use that knowledge is to most drivers. I suppose as its 14.5psi =1 bar approx then if it changes I'll start worrying. It would be handy if the manual mentioned the expected range given that they thought it worth displaying.