PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of a SCR 190 R-Line, have a few questions!

MattB247
19-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Hi

company car ordering time and I've been mulling over a few models, I'm thinking of an R-Line manual 190 SCR.

I am looking at the 8" Professional and Info Display dashboard - is this a gimmicky option or is it a good thing to go for? I'm limited on options but I'm a bit of a geek and it really appeals to the nerd in me.

Colours - I've spent all the money on the Nav and dash, so I'm going for white as a colour, Urano Grey looks like undercoat to me, or does it work on the R Line?

Also is the XDS diff worth ticking?

I'm a little disappointed in the headlights - I'd like Xenons at least but from what I can see they're standard lights? Can't afford the LED upgrade, it's crazy money.

Finally, re the adblue - how expensive is it, and is it about 5-6000 mile range before it needs refilling?

Any opinions on the spec would be welcome, thanks!

scottjc
19-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Hi, I'm also waiting for delivery of a 190 R Line. I went for Urano Grey as I live out in the country and white is just not an option. The Pro nav seems like the best option to me as it offers more choice with a dvd player and second sd card slot.
I'm also disappointed that the R Line doesn't come with Xenons, maybe there will have been an upgrade by the time mine arrives...

YawnGumbo
24-02-2016, 05:10 PM
I've also gone with Urano Grey as metallic was out of my price bracket on the company car list with the other options I wanted, and I just don't like white cars. In the flesh it looks quite nice, so I'm hopeful I won't be disappointed with it. I have also ordered the info display and discover pro - maybe it is gimmicky, but looking at the images online and on YouTube it looks very nice too :) The car I test drove had the standard small satnav and to my eyes, considering where it is placed on the dashboard (a little low compared to my current car), I thought the larger display and AID would make it easier to read.

StumblingTrout
24-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Agree - look at an interior with the Active Info Display & Larger Screen and it looks almost like a different car to the standard screen & physical dials and from the videos online AID looks like a box well worth ticking.

MattB247
24-02-2016, 09:13 PM
I decided against the info display at the last minute after talking to a salesman who pointed out it looks great but you have the 8" pro screen already, why spend that extra money on basically a flasher version of the existing dashboard? I als thought about the 190 vs 150, the tax implication too, and the fact I can get extra extras by saving on the base car, so I ordered a 150 with 19" wheels and sports suspension, tungsten silver, heated seats, noise insulated glass and the 8" Nav pro. I sit on the m1 a lot so don't need the 190 although it would be nice, but I'll get the nicer wheels and a great colour and I think a better use of the options money.

scottjc
24-02-2016, 09:23 PM
I decided against the info display at the last minute after talking to a salesman who pointed out it looks great but you have the 8" pro screen already, why spend that extra money on basically a flasher version of the existing dashboard?.

I agree. The 8" display has enough impact on the look of the dash without the extra outlay. The other options you have selected should make for a fantastic car.

MattB247
24-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Thanks, I think so too. The only thing I'm a bit iffy about is the sports suspension which I only ordered because I read a few reports of the standard car being a little soft, plus it's 15mm lower which will look good with the 19's I think.

scottjc
24-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Thanks, I think so too. The only thing I'm a bit iffy about is the sports suspension which I only ordered because I read a few reports of the standard car being a little soft, plus it's 15mm lower which will look good with the 19's I think.

I'm not sure about the sports suspension but one thing's for sure, it'll look well planted!