PDA

View Full Version : New member awaiting delivery

scottjc
18-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Hello from rainy Shropshire.
I have recently returned my previous company car, a Tiguan TDI SE, after 3 years and 100k happy miles and have ordered a Passat 190 R Line saloon. The build time was quoted at 6 months and that has nearly gone, with an anticipated delivery date of 7 March.
I ordered the Dynaudio upgrade as I was so impressed with the one I had in the Tiguan, but that is the only extra I'm prepared to pay for.
Does anybody else have an R Line B8?

StumblingTrout
18-02-2016, 10:55 PM
I've got an GT BiTDI 4 Motion Estate on order. Just booked my collection for 11am 1st March. Will have been a 3 and a half month wait from order to collection for me.

I couldn't decide between the R Line and the GT. In the end I went for the GT because you can order a heated steering wheel, and you can't get that on the R-Line!

I also couldn't decide whether to go for the Dynaudio, but the saleswoman said the standard setup is good. I'm expecting to be disappointed coming from a Volvo (and they always have excellent sound as standard) but as long as it's not truly awful I don't mind.

scottjc
19-02-2016, 08:10 AM
I went for the R Line over the GT because I didn't want full leather as I often have our dog in the car and leather is easier to damage.

The Dynaudio sound was so good in the Tiguan that I had to have it in the Passat. Admittedly it took a bit of tuning to get it sounding right but that's the same with all good sound systems.

I look forward to hearing your first impressions in a couple of weeks.

gamichea
20-02-2016, 07:02 PM
I've got an GT BiTDI 4 Motion Estate on order. Just booked my collection for 11am 1st March. Will have been a 3 and a half month wait from order to collection for me.

I couldn't decide between the R Line and the GT. In the end I went for the GT because you can order a heated steering wheel, and you can't get that on the R-Line!

That's sort of encouraging. I ordered my GT 190 Estate 28 January and was quoted a likely April delivery date. I went for the GT simply because the spec. is pretty much spot on for us. A full size spare is essential for me, the leather/alcantara seats other than black very much to our liking, and a black roof lining and paying extra for the body styling kit absolute no-nos.

StumblingTrout
21-02-2016, 11:23 PM
Have you got a build week confirmed yet?

I ordered 10th Nov and was given Build Week 5, which meant it was approx 80-85 days from Order to Production, and then it will be 27 days from Production to Handover.

I agree with you on the seats, I went for the black leather with moonrock (grey?) alcantara for a touch of contrast.

gamichea
22-02-2016, 11:38 AM
No build week yet. I guess (hope!) your 80-85 days to production was inflated by the Christmas/New Year break.

Given Passats are built at Emden which is not far away, being close to the Dutch border, and also the port from which they are shipped I am amazed how long it takes for them to reach the dealers even allowing for the fact they have to be merged with production from other sites and be given their final inspection prior to loading. It was no different when my CC was built back in November 2009. I was given to understand then that the order in which cars are drawn off from Grimsby Docks is a bit of a lottery and dealers do not always find their expectations met when the transporter arrives at their premises.

BenR
24-02-2016, 12:57 PM
I only waited a month for mine but my company bought me what I think must have been a "showroom filler" that manufacturers will make to a fairly random spec just to fill showrooms while they wait for orders to come in. It's iridium grey with Nivelle wheels and DSG, close enough to what I wanted except that it doesn't have heated windscreen and seats. Superb car, on a different planet from my previous B7 and B6.

StumblingTrout
24-02-2016, 06:12 PM
No build week yet. I guess (hope!) your 80-85 days to production was inflated by the Christmas/New Year break.

Yep, very fair point!

scottjc
15-03-2016, 08:27 PM
A quick update.
I picked it up this afternoon and my first impressions are very good.
The 190SCR TDI engine is very quiet and has plenty of poke when you need it.
Surprisingly the car came with keyless ignition, not something I requested and I'm sure it wasn't standard when I ordered.
The Urano Grey looks really good IMO and I'm looking forward to spending the next 4 years with the Passat.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03/15/4b973b5c821ebe1e09df3f5bdb3c2e65.jpg

gamichea
15-03-2016, 10:40 PM
My understanding is that keyless start is standard; its keyless entry that is an option. It took a while for the penny to drop for me!

YawnGumbo
17-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Yeah keyless ignition is standard across the range. I like the colour too and I'm now less worried about my new car as I have been worrying about not going with a metallic option. Although I saw my first Urano Grey B8 estate in the flesh on the motorway the other day and it looked really nice.

scottjc
17-03-2016, 09:58 PM
The colour was a really nice surprise to me. I was slightly apprehensive but it works really well with the chrome trim to the grille.
The understated colour also works with the slightly more aggressive stance of the R Line. I love it!