PDA

View Full Version : Disaster!!!!!

moylesie
11-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi Guys

I had two jerry cans of unleaded on my drive one full of unleaded and one full of water. In accidently poured the wrong jerry can into my ocatvia (x reg)

would anybody have an idea as to how i sort this problem out as i did not realize until the display in the car said STOP! and the engine cut out. im also not too sure weather my model has an anti syphon device on.

can anybody help me??

Dan

onzarob
11-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi Guys

I had two jerry cans of unleaded on my drive one full of unleaded and one full of water. In accidently poured the wrong jerry can into my ocatvia (x reg)

would anybody have an idea as to how i sort this problem out as i did not realize until the display in the car said STOP! and the engine cut out. im also not too sure weather my model has an anti syphon device on.

can anybody help me??

Dan

It will have anti syphon.:mad:

The way to get the water out is out through the fuel sender in the tank, under the rear seat.

You need to get as much water out as possible, flush all pipes and change fuel filter ( I think there is one on the petrol) then fill the tank.

There is no drain plug on the tank either!!

a8 tech
11-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Disconnect the multi plug to the fueltank pump and then disconnect the fuel out pipe and fit a 3 meter pipe to it and then to a big container now apply 12 volt feed to the two larges terminals and the pump will pump out nearly all of the contaminated fuel.As onzarob has said replace the filter and flush the system and all should be ok

onzarob
11-10-2007, 09:51 PM
apply 12 volt feed to the two larges terminals and the pump will pump out nearly all of the contaminated fuel.

Niffty trick, I've only done a deisel before;)

moylesie
11-10-2007, 10:08 PM
cheers for the help guys very interesting.....i dont feel confident doin all that myself looks like im gunna have to get a mechanic to have a look for me i rekon

thanks again chaps!

Dan

moylesie
13-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi Guys

decided to do it myslef, so iv managed to get the fuel sender out, emptied the tank, and cleared all pipes etc, i have put 2 jerry cans (10 liters) of unleaded in it, but unfortuantly the car will still not start, it keeps trying to start but doesnt, in the end a message comes up on screen saying "oil press STOP" as it was doin in the first instance.

does anybody know weather there might be an automatic fuel cut off or something similar that would prevent my car from starting????

cheers

Dan