PDA

View Full Version : Question Inertia fuel cut off valve

Nigelph
18-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Can anyone tell me if a 2001 Alhambra TDi PD has an inertia fuel cut off valve, and if it does where it is located?

I have checked under the front seats, behind the glove box, behind the removable panels in the luggage area and around the engine compartment. I Can't see one behind the fuse panel, although so far I have been unable to pull the panel out to check thoroughly.

p.s the reason I'm looking is because the engine cranks but won't fire.

landrover
20-02-2016, 07:05 PM
Have you checked the fuel solenoid valve on the fuel pump. If it is not switching on you will not start the vehicle.

Nigelph
20-02-2016, 07:22 PM
The valve is not switching on for sure, along with a load of other things I suspect, but why is the puzzle. A mobile mechanic got several codes with his SnapOnTools ODB2 reader, the most significant being that the ECB is blocked but he couldn't clear any of the codes or discover the cause of the block. He left suggesting either relay 109 or the ECB. I knew it couldn't be 109 because it only has one contact and the glow plug lamp lights, but I wrestled it out and checked it over anyway.

Faced with an ECB rebuild that may or may not fix the problem and some more equally expensive work required for the imminent MOT I have decided to scrap it!

Thanks for your post. It's not too late to cancel the scrapyard because they have not given me a collection date, so if anyone in the next day or so can tow away or transport a potentially usable Alhambra with a set of brand new tyres, or at least a whole load of spares, you are welcome to it! Be quick of you want it....

TA4 4DW

nigel-ph@sky.com