PDA

View Full Version : Picking up tomorrow!

NickTyler
18-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Hi All

Newbie here. I am swapping my 2014 2.0tdi Q3 for a new 272 Q7 tomorrow and looking forward to it. I think it is going to be a big upgrade. And I mean BIG in every sense of the word.

I got an amazing deal and it has tech pack and 20" star wheels as the only options. I have one question if you wouldn't mind.

With the Audi connect 3-year subscription that comes with the tech pack does this include data? From the official gumph I can't tell if I need to put in a sim card/phone or if that is what the 'subscription' actually is.

Cheers

Nick

Nemo78
18-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Hi Nick...hope you have a great day picking the car up.

You need to provide data either via a data sim or mobile hot spot to access the connect services including Google Maps.

The subscription is actually just to use the services that Connect includes - I.e. News, fuel prices, train/flight times and whatever else comes in to it

NickTyler
18-02-2016, 02:08 PM
Oh. That sounds pretty pointless then for the price. Thanks I will see how I get on with the mobile hot spot.

Nemo78
18-02-2016, 02:33 PM
Yeah in the early days is set up RSS news feeds and things (oh you get the weather as well) and used Connect a fair bit...now I don't really.

Google Maps however is always open to pick up traffic which is helpful

Hot spot works fine but drains phone battery unless you're charging at the same time. Became a faff so I just opted to get a data sim and share my phone data

Skippy73
20-02-2016, 04:02 PM
So what's it like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pitch3110
21-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Sorry to gate crash your thread OP, but yesterday I ordered a new Q7 and unsure of this connect malarkey so would welcome some feedback.

I currently have a 2014 BE A6 with the tech pack high. I have a data SIM in the dash that gives me Google maps, news, weather etc.. Will the Q7 do the same with the standard S line tech pack??

many thanks

Skippy73
21-02-2016, 09:52 PM
It will but you need a subscription apparently also. However the tech pack will include the subscription for 3 years

pitch3110
21-02-2016, 09:56 PM
Cheers skip

Nemo78
21-02-2016, 10:32 PM
I currently have a 2014 BE A6 with the tech pack high. I have a data SIM in the dash that gives me Google maps, news, weather etc.. Will the Q7 do the same with the standard S line tech pack??

many thanks

So the standard will be a 3 month subscription to connect which will give you similar to A6.

If you've added the optional Tech as per Skippys post its then a 3yr subscription. [emoji1360]

pitch3110
21-02-2016, 11:17 PM
Many thanks for the swift response.

Only standard tech for me I am afraid so guessing it's a no no.

Ta
Pitch

NickTyler
22-02-2016, 10:13 AM
There is only one option for the tech pack on the Q7 as far as I can tell and it includes the 3-year subscribe so you should be fine.

I picked mine up on Friday. It is pretty good. A very nice place to sit and the Virtual cockpit and head up display are brilliant. It also doesn't feel as big as it is unless you try and stick it into a roundabout a little too quick. The 272 engine is very much at home wafting about silently though.

Only thing is that it has the Autoglym life-shine on it and yesterday I noticed that it is covered in tine scratches. Tiny as in not deep but one is the entire length of the bonnet. All horizontal and in a waist height band around the car. I'm taking it back tomorrow for the dealer to look at and I'm sure they will fix it as they are pretty good generally.

My guess is someone dropped the cloth and used the 3 second rule (which should only apply to food) when they were applying or buffing out the life-shine stuff.

Skippy73
22-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Nick you do t have air suspension do you? What's it handle/feel like without? Thanks

NickTyler
22-02-2016, 11:01 AM
I don't have air suspension no. I find it very good on the standard springs, very comfortable and wafts along nicely. I do not know what the air is like though and do prefer a slightly harder ride. Handling wise it is no RS3 but of course it doesn't claim to be. I haven't really tried it out yet in that respect but you can feel the weight in changing direction if you decide the 'make the lights' entering a roundabout...

dghdgh
22-02-2016, 11:46 AM
Hi Nick,

Congratulations on your new car. Out of interest is yours fitted with all season tyres?

You should post some pictures, I am only jealous waiting for my build.

Enjoy,

Dave

Skippy73
22-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Yeah some photos would be great!!! I still have 9 weeks

dghdgh
22-02-2016, 11:53 AM
I am sure you follow AudiWorld Forums (http://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii) but I would love to see some owners of UK spec cars get some pics up.

NickTyler
22-02-2016, 12:30 PM
I will check the tyres this evening and get some pics tomorrow. It will be dark when I get home tonight.

My Buying experience was a bit of a whirlwind to be fair. I asked for a settlement figure on my Q3 on a Wednesday. The dealer called me the next day, I went in and signed on the Q7 and picked it up the next Friday. 8 days in total from thinking about maybe changing the car to driving off in a brand new one!

Nick

Skippy73
22-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Does the night black look good?

NickTyler
22-02-2016, 02:46 PM
The night black does look good IMO. A very deep shine and very gangster with the privacy glass and two tone wheels.

I think mine will look better when the paint/life-shine stuff has been corrected. You can't see it unless you are really looking, but I am always really looking.

chrisjerman
22-02-2016, 11:19 PM
Here's some photo's of my 272ps SE, bought it as a pre reg so got quite a few extra's like the twenty inch wheels , and led lights , tow pack , sports seats etc. Really really pleased with it , much more nimble than our old Q7 , miss the air suspension a bit though 299092991029911

Nemo78
22-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Looks fab Chris! Looking at that i wonder what the black styling pack would also add to the car when they bring it back as an option.

The wheels look really good too on the car - I nearly changed the standard ones on mine to these two tones but couldn't as the build got locked down.

I know some folk say remove your number plate from the pic - if it's easy for you to do so - I'd do so...

dghdgh
22-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Looks fantastic.

chrisjerman
23-02-2016, 12:01 AM
I think the Black styling pack is out , it's called Stealth I think , if you look on Audi website at the used models they have started popping up .
Thought about removing number plates but I'm not that tech minded , have done it before but to be honest I always wondered what is the risk ? Everybody sees it when you drive around and plenty of dealers leave them in pictures . Not saying there isn't a risk but I can't think what it is

Nemo78
23-02-2016, 09:31 AM
I think the Black styling pack is out , it's called Stealth I think , if you look on Audi website at the used models they have started popping up .

Ah some got delivered then...I saw they added the option but then removed it (alongside the A4 styling pack) possible as a MY2017 option

chrisjerman
23-02-2016, 10:31 AM
Only got a picture of one in white so far , think it looks better without stealth in white , maybe in black it will look okay . Edit: link wouldn't so found another one but in black !

Poole Audi on Twitter: "#Stealth line #Audi Q7 S line metallic Orca Black, double glazing, driver memory & panoramic glass sunroof #Poole https://t.co/tI88YVSbU7" (https://twitter.com/poole_audi/status/669497194895003648)

dghdgh
23-02-2016, 10:59 AM
I ve gone for black roof rails but I count see the option for a full blackout.

NickTyler
24-02-2016, 01:11 PM

Here's a picture of mine. Just like Chris's

Nemo78
24-02-2016, 03:42 PM
That Stealth one looks very nice But how did they do it as when styling pack was available as an option it wasn't available in conjunction with the black colours?

Nick - liking your car and the two tone wheels really suit it well

Skippy73
24-02-2016, 10:35 PM
You guys don't have the air suspension do you? What's the standard dynamic suspension like? I assume it must adjust still via the Audi drive select? Hence the word dynamic assume it gets firmer in dynamic mode or something?

NickTyler
24-02-2016, 11:21 PM
Afraid not. On the standard suspension the drive select only adjusts the steering and gear changes.

All the reviews say the air is a must have but it was a step too far on the cost for me. I find the standard springs more than adequate though.

chrisjerman
25-02-2016, 12:24 AM
Yes I miss the air suspension but I don't know if I had of ordered my car from new (mine was pre reg) whether I would fork out a couple of thousand for it , although I do think you maybe get other goodies with it .

Skippy73
25-02-2016, 08:54 AM
I went to change mine last week and add it because a lot of people said it was a must have. But it has already entered the build slot and can't be changed unless you cancel the order and start again. Meant that I would of got the car another 3 weeks later and couldn't wait and start again :-( hopefully I won't miss it. Coming from an XC60 without it so hopefully ok.