PDA

View Full Version : Audi Sound Systems.

Q7newbie
17-02-2016, 11:21 PM
As a true audiophile, having owned or tried all the different bespoke audio systems available in all the top car Marques (Bose, B&W, B&O, Levinson, Burmester, Naim and Meridian) I must say, I find the B&O system an utter disappointment and a waste of money over the Bose. Which is both cheaper and superior in Soundstage and power delivery.
Granted the Bose still isn't the quite in the realms of the Burmester 3D System available in the current S Class or the Naim and etc, but within the Audi family, I think the Bose system is the best option over the more expensive B&O. The B&O only really shines in the R8 and A8. It's quite evident that these two cabins are where the two companies engineers really focused and developed this system. And in the other Audi's it's just a botch job of "adapting" it. There so many dead spots in all other cabins, the Bass is suppressed and lacking punch at the lowest frequencies. Unlike the Bose, which works like a well oiled bespoke machine in every audi cabin I've heard it in.
I'd warn anyone thats thinking of upgrading to the B&O on a new car order to save their money and go with the Bose, unless you're getting an R8 or an A8/S8.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

EssexGonzo
19-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Couldn't agree more. I was about to order B&O last year on my car and managed - by sheer luck - to try it in an A6 Avant. I honestly could not differentiate it from the Bose except at outrageously high volumes which is not really my sort of thing. I've always found the Bose and standard Audi audio pretty good and more than enough for my needs.

I did, however, hear the Burmester set up in Merc GLC the other day and it sounded slightly sharper than my Bose.

Q7newbie
19-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I think Bose have been at it with car audio and with Audi in particular, that they have honed and perfected their product to the T.
If you think the Burmester is good in the GLC, you'll be blown away with it in the South Class!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk