PDA

View Full Version : Question How to change engine oil VW polo 2010 70BHP

rukna2113
17-02-2016, 02:42 PM
Hi all,

first post here,car newb , albeit you probably figured that out from my thread title:notworthy.

I have a 2010 VW moda 70bhp 1.2L ,38000 Miles on the clock.

I've been trying to find some information on changing the car's engine oil. I have had it done by mechanic during service but i would like to know how to do it personally.

I Have been struggling to do this minor DIY job as when i pop open the filler cap all i see is a metal plate preventing me from pouring anything down it?

What is this cap beneath the orange cap? does anyone else have this car , how did they get around this problem ? Do i need a tool to pop off this plate?

I figure i should top off the engine oil , been 10 months since last service but i have recently noticed that my car has been quite sluggish in 1st gear. Unless there are further underlying issues!

Cheers.

Rukna.

Crasher
17-02-2016, 06:38 PM
One critical point is to take great care when doing this job as the cam chain can easily jump when you re-start the engine as it is tensioned by oil pressure and when you re-start, you have no oil pressure. If we are also changing the plugs, we like to crank it over on the starter to build up oil pressure and NEVER rev the engine until the oil pressure has fully built up. Another important point along these lines is never to let the engine rotate backwards as this can also make the chain jump.