PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi a4 b8 temperature issue

tadghmurfee
17-02-2016, 01:39 AM
B8

Hi all.
Im new to blogs but iv encountered a problem with a car i recently purchased.

I bought a 2010 audi a4 b8 se which is the 136kw CAGB model. It has 130k (miles) on the clock and has been routinely serviced . I have owned this for about 4 months.

I am chuffed with the car it drives and feels like a brand new car but i have ran into a problem regarding temperature .
At the start there was no problems and one day about 2 months into owning it the temp needle went to cold reading 50 and after a long drive it barely got up to 70 degrees

From owning older model tdi a6's and Passats i had an inkling that it was coolant temp sensor or stat .i changed the sensor . Same problem so proceeded to change the stat and got it bled properly using the audi bleeding tool . This seemed to fix the problem up and all seemed well again until tonight i noticed on a regular spin the car took an age to warm up to about 70 . With the car driven on abit it rose to about 85 degrees and when i slowed down back to town it went down below 70 degrees again .

My ideas are the auxillary pump may be running constantlu for the coolant or would i be mad in saying the waterpump is having a laugh.

I am completly lost as i had it plugged in the Audi dealership not a fault in sight

I have heat in the cabin no unusual leaks or loss in coolant either

Help 😯

rowdy-999
17-02-2016, 09:48 AM
If you're getting heat normally/quickly through the heater it will be an electrical problem ie temp sensor, gauge or wiring.