PDA

View Full Version : Enable Light Assist (not dynamic light assist) with vcds??

divxman
15-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Hello,

Sorry if my english is bad, because this is not my native language.

In our country there is adaptive cruise control (ACC) part of serial equipment on the B8 Passat. With that you get, let say "basic camera" in the front mirror. For about 140 euros you can get basic light assistant (you do not get advanced camera A5 with that) that simply switch between high beam and dimmed light, when detects car driving in the dark. Because there is all hardware equipment on the car there has to be only question in coding of light assist.

On the internet there is guide (http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/#entry3821291) how to activate high bam assist with advance camera A5, that comes with lane assist or dynamic light assist. With this camera you have options to activate simple light assist or dynamic light assit (this depends if you have led low or led high lights).

Now I am wondering what do I need to do to activate light assist with the "basic camera" because this have to be done only by coding. I looked at the channels and there is no channel for "basic camera".

If someone have this light assist without advanced camera A5, please send copy of autoscan, to see the coding.

divxman
15-02-2016, 10:47 PM
Using guide posted in my previous post I was able to activate menu in the car options for light assist. I was able to do that doing only adaptations and long coding in channel 09 as described in guide in my previous post. Now I am getting error message for light assist in MFD display and also fault in channel 09 when checking for faults with vcds when changing to high beam light. I now need to do adaptation or coding for "basic camera" but like I said, there is no channel for this camera.

goce.chekorov
16-02-2016, 07:15 AM
unless you have the A5 camera,you can not have light assist.
i am on the same boat. I have ACC 160kmh, but no light assist. just the DLR assist.
i have been trying to find out if its possible just via VCDS, I dont think it is.

divxman
16-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Sorry goce.chekorov, but this is not true.

- My friend have the new Passat B8 with lane assist and he have simple light assist (not dynamic light assist) - He has advanced camera A5, so I now how it looks advanced camera.
- My other firend have Passat B8 without lane assist or dynamic light assist and he have the same mirror as me (in our country we have ACC as a serial equipmnet, so there is some sort of camera present in the mirror for ACC to work propperly). He have light assist without advanced A5 camera
- Because I have same hardware as my friend above, i now there must be catch only coding, unless there is some smalll module installed, that control high beam via this "basic camera". - I will try to do an autoscan of my friends car, when I wil get a chance

djmx5
16-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Regardo illuminata assisticos…mea prevente dynamica collisionous rapido mit un 'basic camera'. Se problematico technicalas una nea ACC gizmos. Non coding nil difficulta mit tutu consuelaos eh mitroveelia?

Incontrato equipmente aploop it nea migaudo mit un 'advanced camera' coding.

Fin

divxman
16-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Sorry, but i do not understand italian language. Can you please post in english?

goce.chekorov
16-02-2016, 03:55 PM
I believe ACC 160kmh is regulated via a radar in the front grille. If you have some camera in the rear mirror, maybe its for some other function?
ACC 210kmh uses radar and a camera.
have look here
Sammelthread: Mögliche Codierungen mit VCDS : VW Passat B8 (http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/sammelthread-moegliche-codierungen-mit-vcds-t5076275.html)

divxman
17-02-2016, 03:51 PM
I solved the problem. It is true that it is not possilbe to do this by coding. The problem is this:

If you have ACC you do not have any camera in the front mirror (I thought that there must be some camera, because there must be on Audi A6 or A7 or A8 for ACC to work properly)

If you order light assist (not dynamic light assist) without lane assist (you do not get advanced camera A5), you get a bit different front mirrorr with a small camera built (http://www.ht-onlineshop.de/documents/image/98/98921/IMG-4199.JPG) in, to control high beam assist, and you also have module 20 - high beam assist, when using vcds.

So that is way light assist is not possible only with coding. If you order new mirror with camera separetly it cost 300 EUR at Volkswagen dealer in our country, so it is a lot cheaper when bought light assist with the car (144 EUR in our country)

Have a nice day and thank you for all your answers.