PDA

View Full Version : Question 2014 Tiguan EGR

rodaire
15-02-2016, 12:45 AM
I am due to visit my dealer/workshop for a service (Wrench indication) and have run a OBD2 check which brought up three red cards for the EGR system.

My question is, how do I approach this with the workshop because I don't suppose they will be happy about my use of the device but I need them to check out the fault.

I intend to ask for the EGR valve etc. to be inspected and hope that something will be done but they are not what I would call 'mechanics' !

Anyway, I'll run another check on the way home in the hope that the errors will have been cleared :(

Rob69
15-02-2016, 08:06 AM
If it's only going in for a service I doubt they would run a diagnostic and pick up the egr codes for free, you normally have to pay extra for a diagnostic scan.
Why do you think they would be unhappy about you checking the obd codes? Is it your car or theirs?
Unless you specifically mention the codes logged and that you want the egr looking at I doubt they would pick it up and sort it during a routine oil and filter service. If you don't have much faith in them can you not go somewhere else?

rodaire
15-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Thanks very much for that.

a) It's a VW being purchased under 'Solutions' so I guess it's VW's
b) So I'm kinda stuck with the grease-monkeys until I either get rid of the car or ???

However, I take your point about the EGR check in a strictly oil and grease visit and I'll try to inform them of events. Problem is, this dealership has a glossy front-end but unless one jumps up and down you never get to see anyone in the workshop (and I've a bad reputation already :) ).