PDA

View Full Version : Anticipating joining the B8 'club'

gamichea
13-02-2016, 10:01 PM
Hello everybody,

After 6+ years and 72k miles of contented and virtually trouble free Passat CC ownership I have reluctantly decided its time to move on. Its replacement was ordered 28 January through my chosen broker's VW fleet account. The dealership anticipates April delivery. At the moment we do not have a scheduled build week and I suspect one or more of my option choices may insert extra time into the schedule. The spec. is:-

190GT DSG Estate
Sand Gold metallic with Espresso Alcantara interior
Luggage Compartment Divider Pack
Olive Ash Satin inserts
LED Premium Headlamps
Driver Assistance Pack Plus
Area View
XDS electronic differential lock
Park Assist

I test drove a 150SE Business Edition estate showing 10k miles. Very comfortable and relaxed, like my CC, only generally quieter. Curiously, it seemed less lively than my 140ps CC (which led to me succumbing to the temptations of the 190) although its turn in was noticeably sharper. I was always going for the GT with DSG but the engine choice was an open question.

I originally joined VWAudiForum as the owner of a B6 Sport saloon with the somewhat notorious 140ps PD engine. My example had its fair share of troubles but never stranded me and my VW agent fixed it first time every time and always kept me mobile so there was never any doubt it would be another VW for me.

gamichea
18-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Build confirmed for week commencing 11th April, so roughly 11 weeks from placing order to being built. That looks like delivery week commencing 23rd May at the earliest as we will be far away from home for the middle two weeks of May.

scottjc
18-03-2016, 08:24 PM
I think you'll be very pleased with it.
I received my 190 R Line three days ago and I'm very impressed. The engine pulls well and delivers good fuel consumption, I've averaged 47mpg over my first 350 miles so it's looking promising.
Build quality is fantastic, it has certainly got the Audi and BMW drivers at work thinking, and Audi with similar spec would be another £10k on top.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on arrival.

gamichea
12-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Text from VW this morning to say car "in transit and left factory". They call this stage 5a in the text. Not a peep from VW about build in progress; straight from scheduled to built. There is no subdivision of "stage 5 in transit" in the online system so no idea what I shall hear next. Text also stated vehicles such as mine take an average of four weeks to reach the dealer so, as anticipated it looks like it will arrive too late. for the Scotland trip. Shame.

scottjc
12-04-2016, 09:51 AM
I hope you manage to get it in time for your holiday. Coincidentally I will be taking my new R Line on a trip to Edinburgh tomorrow, looking forward to seeing how it behaves on the motorway.

gamichea
12-04-2016, 10:25 AM
I hope you manage to get it in time for your holiday. Coincidentally I will be taking my new R Line on a trip to Edinburgh tomorrow, looking forward to seeing how it behaves on the motorway.

Should be educative, especially if you have the ACC and other electronic aids enabled. The jury is out on some of these as far as I am concerned. However, I am open to being won over if my scepticism proves to be misplaced when I give them a go in due course. Also interested to hear what fuel consumption you get on the motorway. I am used to getting well over 50mpg from my CC in good conditions with the cruise set to a true 70.

scottjc
12-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Should be educative, especially if you have the ACC and other electronic aids enabled. The jury is out on some of these as far as I am concerned. However, I am open to being won over if my scepticism proves to be misplaced when I give them a go in due course. Also interested to hear what fuel consumption you get on the motorway. I am used to getting well over 50mpg from my CC in good conditions with the cruise set to a true 70.

I can regularly beat 50mpg on my usual 50+ mile commute on A roads. My best so far is 58mpg, with an average over the 2k miles since I got the car of 49.7mpg. I like the ACC but am not a fan of Eco mode so keep it set to normal.

gamichea
02-05-2016, 08:58 PM
The anticipation should be over come Friday when its due to be delivered here. Will be running it in on a 400+ mile journey to Scotland the next day.

Think I shall be turning off some of the electronic aids to begin with and just getting to know the car.

scottjc
02-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Think I shall be turning off some of the electronic aids to begin with and just getting to know the car.

Definitely a good idea, I look forward to your first impressions. Have fun!

scottjc
02-05-2016, 09:21 PM
I am used to getting well over 50mpg from my CC in good conditions with the cruise set to a true 70.

Btw, I got 57mpg with the ACC set to 75mph on the M6. Plenty of ups and downs so I'm happy with that as an average.