PDA

View Full Version : EOS UK Personalized Plates

mandh22222
08-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Some nice Reg Nos available for your new EOS. VW 52 EOS, VW 03 EOS, VW 53 EOS, VW 04 EOS and VW 54 EOS, at under two grand each ! I've got 05 on mine, wanna join an elite group of owners ?! All held on retention for immediate transfer. 07941311026

SWORDFISH
09-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Some nice Reg Nos available for your new EOS. VW 52 EOS, VW 03 EOS, VW 53 EOS, VW 04 EOS and VW 54 EOS, at under two grand each ! I've got 05 on mine, wanna join an elite group of owners ?! All held on retention for immediate transfer. 07941311026

2GRAND!!!
Good luck to you mate. I've got a number of regs myself, but only one was that expensive, and that was a single digit.
Don't think you're supposed to advertise on this forum either.

mandh22222
09-08-2006, 05:37 PM
1. Did read through the rules Swordfish, but didn't consider my posting to be 'obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, hateful, threatening or violative of any laws'.

2. Under £2 grand. A well known cherished number website is already selling VW02 EOS for £2350 !

3. Not many plates available at that sort of price bearing both make and model of any car available, apart from VW Fox in similar format.

4. Appreciate your good luck wishes !

stuart
09-08-2006, 06:39 PM
I did read this post last night, and, if I concider the post to be in breach of the rules, in the section called "Rules for the For Sale section" and it was classed as "Commercial" post, which it could be;) then it can be deleted...

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15

Stuart

neh321
22-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Nice numbers but far too much money.
I visited the DVLA site to look for an 'EOS' reg for my new VW Eos (delivered 14 July) but somebody had already snapped them up, no doubt for £295 or £495, simply to market them to other mugs and pocket the difference.

Pity they couldn't just be available for Eos owners to buy direct from the DVLA but whose fault is that? DVLA's for allowing others to profit or those who buy them to make an easy buck?

mandh22222
22-08-2006, 04:12 PM
I can assure you that they cost me a lot more than you think ! All freely available from DVLA in June of this year. Just got two left now. Similar cost as the leather option, not a lot on a car worth £24K + !

RickT
07-01-2007, 05:12 PM
i know its not the same,.... but theres loads on the old style... ending in EOS... at £250...

RicKT

RickT
07-01-2007, 05:14 PM
its all good going out and buying these "VW 05 EOS" plates... but when you come to sell the car you have 2 options... sell it with the plate or have to re-sell it... (the car with the plate not really going to make the car worth 2k more than others on a forcourt in the 2nd market...

i would perfer investing the cash into a plate i can take with me car to car... which does not indicate the age and a model....

RiCKT

SWORDFISH
07-01-2007, 06:23 PM
its all good going out and buying these "VW 05 EOS" plates... but when you come to sell the car you have 2 options... sell it with the plate or have to re-sell it... (the car with the plate not really going to make the car worth 2k more than others on a forcourt in the 2nd market...

i would perfer investing the cash into a plate i can take with me car to car... which does not indicate the age and a model....

RiCKT

Agree totally. I have personalised on all my vehicles and one on retention, but could never understand the "x5", "eos", "rav" etc etc. It would be a strange place if we all liked the same though. I know my best friend's wife thinks it is naff to have ANY personalised plate.

I expect my plates to be with me for life now though. That's the main reason I don't understand the ones which have the model as the "number". You'll get nothing extra when you sell the car and then it's gone. 2 grand down the pan, whereas my 2grand (or however much) doesn't seem a hell of a lot when you spread it out over the number of years I'll have it/them.

RickT
07-01-2007, 06:43 PM
thats right.... if you get a plate with X5 onit.... are you expecting people to go "oh,, its a X5... i would never of gussed!!" lol

The only time i like the plates for a car... is on the WRC rally cars.. and these are funded by the teams with enough cash! . ie... the good old Impreza.. S555 WRC.. advertising in the plate back in them days and WRC!

RickT

GurnyGub
08-01-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm getting rid of my 'A1 ***' plate as I sold a business with those initials. Does anyone know a dealer that buys the no's, as opposed to just advertising them? FWIW in Northern Ireland we can't put those new plates on our cars, only secondhand ones! You'd have to get someone you know to reg on their car and then.... ah sod it, not worth the bother. But I'd appreciate a nod to a dealer/buyer, thanks.
John

RickT
08-01-2007, 01:38 AM
I have just been looking and if you go onto google and search for SELL REG PLATE theres loads of places that will give you a free quote and offer...

have a look and let us know if you get a sale at a decent price...

RickT

GurnyGub
08-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Hi Rick,
Yeah, thanks, had planned to trawl through them tomorrow. Tried it briefly 18 months ago and a couple would give you a figure but no mon! Nothing for it but to spend the time ( I thought that, was looking for an easy option). Cheers,
John

RickT
08-01-2007, 05:35 PM
I tried these with mine yesterday http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/ and they got back to me today..

Outcome... NO.. reason is mines just a standard plate with 2 numbers.. i just wanted to know as one like mine with 1 didgit different is £499..

However give them a go with your and see what there say..

RiCKT

neh321
08-01-2007, 05:42 PM
The day you get a number dealer to give you a fair price for a plate will indeed go down in history.

Whatever it is you're buying is the most desirable plate ever; "Got a queue of people a mile long wanting it mate. I might let you have it for £x000 for cash if you're round here in 20 minutes with it."

Try selling the same plate though: "No-one around with those initials mate. Worthless. I'll do you a favour and advertise it for you for a small fee"...

GurnyGub
08-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Rick,
Yip, but they just give you a 'valuation' and put it on their site and ads, could take for ever... I'm working my way through sites now.
I get my v6 Eos next week, so I'm like a kid again! Cheers
John

RickT
09-01-2007, 12:33 AM
GurnyGub

bet you cant wait!!! have fun!!

Are you going to be one of those people that when its a crisp day in winter have you roof down with the heating on full!! LOL!!

i bet you cant resist!! for about 5 mins untill the frostbite kicks in! LOL!

RiCKT

Porker
09-01-2007, 11:42 AM
GurnyGub

bet you cant wait!!! have fun!!

Are you going to be one of those people that when its a crisp day in winter have you roof down with the heating on full!! LOL!!

i bet you cant resist!! for about 5 mins untill the frostbite kicks in! LOL!

RiCKT

I thought it was the law ! No rain = roof down. Defo going to join that club :D

GurnyGub
09-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I live in one of the mildest parts of the UK, Gulf Stream, palm trees etc., like Tresco with Guinness! Parky today though. Yep, new leather jacket, new gloves, new scarf (with wire insert) rarin' to go.
Neh...you were exactly right about those dealers, sheesh.

SWORDFISH
09-01-2007, 08:37 PM

You're being a wuss!!! Top down whatever the weather!!!:D :D :D

RickT
10-01-2007, 01:18 AM

too right.... then you can test the REAL air flow.... you go fast enough the rain should not get you!! ... then you hit a traffic jam and look an idoit!! LOL!! roof up to hide!!

I love it!!

RickT

neh321
10-01-2007, 10:03 AM
I live in one of the mildest parts of the UK, Gulf Stream, palm trees etc., like Tresco with Guinness! Parky today though. Yep, new leather jacket, new gloves, new scarf (with wire insert) rarin' to go.
Neh...you were exactly right about those dealers, sheesh.

I know your area well (my wife comes from a place between Downpatrick and Seaforde) and whilst it's mild it can't half rain a lot... Suggest a new anorak as well!

Porker
10-01-2007, 10:56 AM

Better get some RainX for the flying goggles then :bigeyes:

GurnyGub
10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
I know your area well (my wife comes from a place between Downpatrick and Seaforde) and whilst it's mild it can't half rain a lot... Suggest a new anorak as well!
Neh
T'other side, I'm right on the lough shore up the little 'main' road from Portaferry to Newtownards, made for a V6! We intend to 'do' your east coast in the spring and check out those winds.
Porker
Tallyhooo!

neh321
10-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Neh
T'other side, I'm right on the lough shore up the little 'main' road from Portaferry to Newtownards, made for a V6! We intend to 'do' your east coast in the spring and check out those winds.
Porker
Tallyhooo!

Beautiful area. Love going over on the ferry from Strangford. Absolutely ideal Eos country! Lucky you!

GurnyGub
10-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Neh,
We sold the local pub last year, so it's permanent holidays for us. Loved the tv series 'Coast' and intend to tootle around the quiet bits, if there are any left!
Cheers,
John

neh321
10-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Neh,
We sold the local pub last year, so it's permanent holidays for us. Loved the tv series 'Coast' and intend to tootle around the quiet bits, if there are any left!
Cheers,
John

There are indeed some quiet roads around here. It was Jeremy Clarkson who said he knew where the best driving roads in England are: "Just drive towards Hull then turn left". He was right, but I was a bit cross that he told the world about them as they're mine! The coast is generally quiet if a little unspectacular until you get just north of Bridlington, where there are the highest cliffs in the UK.

My father-in-law used to have a pub in Newtownards - the Huntsman. Perhaps you know it?

GurnyGub
10-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Neh,
Yeah I know the pub, but was never in it (too busy!). I seem to remember it was owned by a blonde lady, Maureen (?) whose husband died young. Don't know now. I owned one in the middle of the country between Portaferry and Kircubbin. 21+ years there, closed Christmas day only, so the Eos represents freedom!
John

RickT
14-01-2007, 12:36 AM
i love how this thread has turn out!!

match makers... i see.. lol :biglaugh:

Thanks to all who have inputted

RicKT

mandh22222
13-02-2007, 09:41 PM
I notice DVLA have put VW 07 EOS up for auction.....Missed a trick there didn't they !! I know a man..................:D

Gadgeteer1066
18-02-2007, 05:45 PM
I notice DVLA have put VW 07 EOS up for auction.....Missed a trick there didn't they !! I know a man..................:D

Are you going to post this in every thread?