PDA

View Full Version : Q7 just ordered

Skippy73
11-02-2016, 02:31 PM
So very excited as I have just ordered the new Q7. Delivery due towards the end of April. Has anyone had experience with the build times? Are they bang on with the expected delivery date they give you?

I got the 272HP engineer what's it's like?

For extras for were S Line model with

Technology Pack
Ambient Lighting
Smartphone interface (Apple Play)

Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nemo78
11-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Congrats Skippy! The 272 is a good engine but also depends what you're coming from as the Q7 is a heavy car (granted lighter than the old one).

For me I really feel the weight of the car especially in 1st but my old car was an S! Otherwise it shifts pretty well!

You're choice of options are spot on as well - the Ambient Lighting is a great addition and really sets the car off well!

CarPlay have had a play in the new A4 and looked good unfortunately something us early adopters missed out on.

Otherwise April isn't too far away time will fly by!

What colour did you go for by the way?

dghdgh
12-02-2016, 12:27 AM
I was given mid may ordering Christmas week but it was brought forward to the end of March although I have stuck to the given order date as it suits better for me. I added air suspension, virtual cockpit, reversing camera and went for orca black. So looking forward to getting it well impressed with the power. Let me know what you think once you have settled into the driving seat.

Skippy73
12-02-2016, 06:03 AM
Nemo I went for the Night black as I had spent my limit on the options so had to go with a free colour option.

I've had a range sport couple of years ago 3.0ltr so no what you mean about heavy when starting off.

Dghgdh of your options the one I would of like to be able to get was the air suspension/dynamic pack. Almost all the reviews I have read say the air suspension is worth the money. My wife just wouldn't let me go beyond the limit we had :-(

The little sensors in the door pockets that turn on a light and the touch sensitive reading lights I thought was a nice touch. I was tempted to get the electric boot cover as it was only £150 option but didn't.

Does anyone know how you get the boot opening by waving your foot? I assume that is an option that only comes with the advanced key option?

Nemo78
12-02-2016, 08:06 AM
Does anyone know how you get the boot opening by waving your foot? I assume that is an option that only comes with the advanced key

Is that actually an option yet in the UK as if it is I haven't worked out how you get it? I've a feeling this will be a 2017 MY update probably alongside black edition style styling pack which has been removed from the current MY 16 car options ( as it has in the new A4)

Noticed Land Rover adverts all over social media for gesture control boot opening in the past couple of weeks

dghdgh
12-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Skippy73 wives are funny things, I had settled on a mere GLC but and I quote " well if you want one get one " on my extended test drive of the q7. I was quoting the se 204 bhp. After an other out burst I was told buy what you want. It went up to the 272 bhp s line. And so it went on to my final set up minus the metallic and then came the are you sure I wold prefer the metallic, without seeing it, hence the order. I got a cracking deal beating the dealership by a considerable sum although I have to go to Watford Audi to collect it.
I still haven't told the wife the final cost and quite rightly she thinks I am throwing money away, but hey ho. She still thinks its a lot of car of £25000. lol :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Skippy73
12-02-2016, 11:39 AM
Haha brilliant. We have a shared account so every penny is watched and I'm not allowed to waste money. Mind you my wife has an eBay addiction and buys clothes for kids and bits and pieces constantly. For a laugh recently I went through our statements and it came to £545 of PayPal transactions in one month. And yet I waste money lol

Q7newbie
13-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Women! I feel like you guys are telling my life story!
I've always wondered if same sex couples go through this same torture that our women put us through!
My wife is so lazy, that if breathing wasn't an autonomous body function, she have self-asphyxiated ages ago! Yet, she spends money all the time buying "gym shoes", walking shoes, hiking gear and all sorts of Activity apparel that shall NEVER use! Yet I'm "wasting money" when I buy Windscreen rain repellent!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

dghdgh
16-02-2016, 12:22 AM
The build tracker is impressive:29861

Nemo78
16-02-2016, 08:06 AM
The build tracker is impressive:29861

Sure is - have you gone in to the background of the tracker? You can see dates of the car entering build, and then each phase as it does.

But you can also see if all your selected options have gone across to the factory...

dghdgh
16-02-2016, 11:10 AM
Hi Nemo I posted a screen shot of a track, although small, is that what you mean with the progress, if not where is the date schedule. Thanks in anticipation.

Nemo78
16-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Hi Nemo I posted a screen shot of a track, although small, is that what you mean with the progress, if not where is the date schedule. Thanks in anticipation.

So I came across this on another forum a while back when I was watching the progress of my car and it's pretty nifty...

https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/(enter your order number here without the brackets)

Then you should get a screen with what looks like a lot of random characters and to me and you rubbish...(ok maybe not to you but did to me)

Copy & paste that in to jsonlint.com

This will neaten it all up a little and make it easier to understand where in the process your car is (which ok the normal tracker does), gives you details about your car and close to finished build your VIN appears and right at the bottom you can view the added options - good way of seeing if dealer put the order through correctly [emoji5]

Credit to the guys on audi-sport.net for working all that out...

dghdgh
16-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Thanks Nemo,
struggled at first but managed using a slightly different url from the audi-sport.net website.
Its a shame I can't write using the API as well as read. lol