PDA

View Full Version : Question Clutch pedal stuck up

nemmi69
07-02-2016, 02:48 PM
2001 A3 1.6L
The clutch pedal was originally stuck on the floor but I pulled it up. Then it got stuck in the up position.

Unbolted the slave and disconnected it from the clutch mechanism - It moves fine.

Disconnected the master cylinder pipes and the pedal then could move as normal.

well I decided to replace the clutch. so got as far as pulling the gearbox back and found it did not want to drop. Shone a light in the gap and it looks like the clutch pushrod has stayed in the clutch so stopping it dropping. Also the lever arm had welded itself to the thrust bearing hence reason the pedal could not move.

New clutch fitted along with new thrust rod, lever arm and thrust bearing.

Bled system and now the pedal does nothing, does not try to move the slave at all. Now whats it done?

micheal balbrig
07-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Unsure what is actually happening or what was done.
Only suggestion is to check the actual pedal for breakage at weld points where pushrod goes.although I am sure you would have seen
If a problem existed here.

nemmi69
07-02-2016, 04:00 PM
checked the weld and the plastic clip both ok. no pressure being felt as i press the pedal by hand. bled the system with an easy bleed. put a litre and a half through. is the system known to trapping air?

Alan02
08-02-2016, 09:58 PM
I think there is a piston stuck down in master or slave cylinder. Try introducing a little pressure via the slave bleed nipple.