PDA

View Full Version : All weather LED Headlights

corkyboy
05-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Can anybody tell me if these headlights will need adjusting for use on the continent and if so how to carry this out? I have checked the Drivers Manual but can find no info.
Audi Q7 Sportline 2016.
TIA,
Colin

M1tchy
06-02-2016, 10:32 AM
On my A7 with LED lights there is a setting in the car menu then the option on the far right. I can't remember what it's called but it's words to the effect of overseas driving. If you turn it on it changes the beam pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dghdgh
06-02-2016, 12:01 PM
At the minute I am driving a Mercedes E class with full led lights. I asked the very same question about the headlights before I drove to Spain last year. I was told the headlight beam pattern did not deflect the same way as standard lights. Not sure if its true but I believed them and had no problem. But I would ask Audi in person if I were you. Let me know how you get on because I am off to Spain again when I get my new car.

M1tchy
06-02-2016, 12:32 PM
The pattern is the same as in it kicks up at the left hand side. If you drive on the wrong side of the road like that you will blind oncoming traffic. When I activate my European mode, it shuts off the two outer modules so I have a perfectly flat beam pattern and no kick up.

No matter what car you drive and what year you will need to do something to it. (Would be cool if it made the switch automatically depending on GPS data!)

wildbeeste
06-02-2016, 12:46 PM
No matter what car you drive and what year you will need to do something to it. (Would be cool if it made the switch automatically depending on GPS data!)

I have a 2011 A7 and Page 42 of the manual says that "The beams are adjusted automatically on vehicles with navigation system and adaptive lighting" for driving at home and abroad.

corkyboy
06-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Hi Mitchy and dghdgh, I have been through the Car Settings menu, there is no option to adjust my "LED all weather headlights" (not matrix led's as fitted to some audis) so I have spoken with the dealer's service reception today and was told by a reasonably well informed person that they should change automatically if a european country destination is entered via GPS, but unfortunately there was nobody available who could confirm that as kosher. It would be great if this could be relied upon as a completely reliable piece of info, so I have asked them to call me back next week with a confirmed answer which I will post as soon as I have it.

Audi Q7 Sportline 2016

dghdgh
06-02-2016, 02:31 PM
Thanks for that, I am really looking forward to getting out on the roads in Spain when I get my new car and thats one less thing to worry about. It was worth going for the S line with led lights me thinks.
When I asked at the Merc garage they said my current car did not need changing but didn't know how. I guess Audi staff are better informed.
Thanks again.

corkyboy
11-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Finally, the answer from Audi received today:Good afternoon, Colin. We can confirm that the lights in your Q7 will adjust automatically when you enter France as the vehicle knows your location from the navigation data. You don't need to manually adjust them. Thank you.
Fingers crossed it does just that.................