PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on delivery for my '16 plate 1.4 TFSI..

smooney67
05-02-2016, 11:51 AM
First post on here, hello.

Really excited to get this. Sport edition and in black.

Can any one recommend some nice (black) alloys?

Gwalker2272
06-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Got the same on order in white. When did you order and what build week have you got?

smooney67
08-02-2016, 09:32 AM
Got the same on order in white. When did you order and what build week have you got?

Ordered on the 8th of January, think it was 6 weeks but waiting til March 1st.

EDIT: I ordered in white too, not black. Mistake in first post.

Gwalker2272
08-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Wish I had the option of waiting.
Ordered 29th Dec.
Due April.

Tracker shows due to begin building week commencing 22nd Feb so might get it for the end of March

smooney67
08-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Wish I had the option of waiting.
Ordered 29th Dec.
Due April.

Tracker shows due to begin building week commencing 22nd Feb so might get it for the end of March

Just got an email this morning, going in to build this week so will arrive 3-4 weeks. Hurry up!

MJC_OK
08-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Can I ask why you guys chose the Sport model? Must admit, I was initally going to order an SE plus the options I wanted, but it ended up costing more then the S Line and still wasn't as well spec'd

smooney67
08-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Can I ask why you guys chose the Sport model? Must admit, I was initally going to order an SE plus the options I wanted, but it ended up costing more then the S Line and still wasn't as well spec'd

Got an excellent lease deal on it.

Don't think there was much in it between the Sport and S-Line apart from the bigger alloys.

ILikeJam
11-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Hello all

I'm new here too and just ordered much the same car on what is probably a very similar deal. White 1.4 TFSI Sport Avant.

I was about to place an order on PCP for a 2.0 TFSI S-line Saloon when the lease deals started to appear. Basically by taking the lease on the 1.4 Sport Avant I'll be saving £6300 over 2 years compared with the 2.0 S-line saloon - just going to suck it up on the car front for a couple of years, bank the difference and use it as deposit next time around.

Had an '07 A3 previously and been in a couple of 3 series' for the past few years. Have really enjoyed the driving side of the BMWs but the need for space, practicality and a nicer place to sit are the priorities for the next few years (kids!).

A4SBAL
21-02-2016, 09:13 AM
Hi I've ordered the 1.4 TSI Sport too (Black) and it was an incredibly cheap deal.. cheaper than the SE oddly enough and comes with a good spec.. Satnav etc. I have decided to get some New wheels and have ordered these 18" wheels in the Link below with the correct tyres for the B9 so worked out more than the advertised price 18" GLOSS BLACK POLISHED NEW S3 STYLE ALLOY WHEELS + TYRES FITS AUDI A4 5X112 | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331744696078?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)
I was with an online broker for my previous leasing deal but went to my local Audi showroom to have a good look at a car and he managed to just about match the deal with a March delivery so I was really pleased as this was 2 months quicker than the brokers were offering. This will be my first Audi :D

A4SBAL
21-02-2016, 09:14 AM
I will post some photos of the wheels on the car once it is delivered

smooney67
08-03-2016, 05:56 PM
I will post some photos of the wheels on the car once it is delivered

I'd like to see that!

garmcqui
13-03-2016, 06:33 PM
waiting on the same car arriving - mine's leased so don't have access to the order tracker. How long did it take from you ordering to delivery?

Cheers

ILikeJam
16-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Hi I've ordered the 1.4 TSI Sport too (Black) and it was an incredibly cheap deal.. cheaper than the SE oddly enough and comes with a good spec.. Satnav etc. I have decided to get some New wheels and have ordered these 18" wheels in the Link below with the correct tyres for the B9 so worked out more than the advertised price 18" GLOSS BLACK POLISHED NEW S3 STYLE ALLOY WHEELS + TYRES FITS AUDI A4 5X112 | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331744696078?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)
I was with an online broker for my previous leasing deal but went to my local Audi showroom to have a good look at a car and he managed to just about match the deal with a March delivery so I was really pleased as this was 2 months quicker than the brokers were offering. This will be my first Audi :D

I'm going to order some 18s as well and just stick the 17s back on before handing the car back.

Have you ordered the TPMS sensors to go in them? How much are they? (BMW ones are about £200 for 4 from the *******) Or are you just pulling the sensors out of the standard rims?

EDIT: Why is 's-t-e-a-l-e-r' a banned word?

iambu
16-03-2016, 06:06 PM
I believe TPMS monitors pressures via the ABS system, by measuring the rolling circumference of each wheel/tyre. If a change in the circumference is noted, then it assumes a pressure change and warns you. This is how it works on my VW Scirocco. Works well to alert you to punctures or low pressure in a single tyre. There are no wheel sensors built into the wheels. I assume the B9 A4 is the same.

ILikeJam
16-03-2016, 09:40 PM
That would be great if true! However I'm pretty certain all new Audis will have TPMS sensor valves in each wheel - as all BMWs now do.

Makes it a pain to choose between buying a spare set and having them fitted before you put tyres on your new rims or having tyres removed from the old rims, sensors out, tyres back on, etc, etc, etc

Binge Thinking
04-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Hi all.

Any idea on how long you have to wait before you can track your car? I have an order number which is due to go to production on May 2nd. (was ordered the end of January) Ive put it in to the "your Audi" webpage and it comes up as not being able to find car!

Thanks in advance