PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 SE Business DSG or 2.0 GT Manual thoughts?

Tony.A
03-02-2016, 12:56 AM
Company car time, been searching for literally months :1zhelp:but I've finally narrowed my decision to something sensible (i hope)and have arrived at the 2.0 tdi 150 Passat.

The scheme allows me to trade up on the car and the figures I'll give all include the tax.

The only optional extra I am selecting is metallic paint (Tungsten Silver).

I can either go for....

SE Business DSG which is £132
Gt Manual which is £116.

Really I wanted the GT DSG but at £169 it's just too much. I do approx 25,000 miles a year, town and motorway.

I'm weighing up the GT interior/exterior against the not as swanky looking SE BUSINESS and never having to change gear again!! I'm struggling to get any true reliable mpg's on either of these as this will come into it as well. I promised after my last Co car (BMW 316 D SE) I would have auto, but looking back, I think this may have been because at 115 bhp it was quite underpowered and was a lot of work keeping up with traffic at times. That shouldn't be an issue in the 150bhp Passat.

Any thoughts and any true mpg's?

Sam
03-02-2016, 10:09 AM
Popular choice it seems, have a read of this thread to see if it helps you - SE Business vs GT (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/171505-SE-Business-vs-GT)

YawnGumbo
03-02-2016, 06:38 PM
I've gone with SE Business with toys (rather than auto, but similar choice) rather than GT without. I loved the inside of the GT and the seats were nice and comfortable, but the ride was a bit harder, the tax more and I was keen on a couple of my options to make my journeys easier. I'm not getting the car until May, so can't comment on if I've made the right choice or not, or about the real world MPG so time will tell! ;)

I don't know if this particularly helps, but I would look at what you really want - a swankier interior with heated seats and climate control, or not having the change gear and thus a more relaxing time in traffic jams. If I was spending a lot of time in traffic then I'd go for the auto, and I always thought that's what I would have this time around. However I test drove an auto 1 Series (when I was considering downsizing to a smaller car) on an extended test drive and actually found I preferred the manual for the kind of driving I do (mainly motorways and A/B roads).

Tony.A
03-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Thanks Sam, i read through it and it confirmed that the GT is a much nicer place to sit.

I've never had Automatic before, so I was more interested in whether people are more interested in a nicer spec car or instead, have a lower trim with DSG?* Also I'm after some real world differences between the MPG between the Diesel 150Bhp manual and DSG.* If DSG is very close to 42MPG then it kind of wipes it out as it would essentially be costing me my own money for business miles.

YawnGumbo, it crossed my mind. The SE Business manual is £82 but by the time I start putting options on, it gets closer to GT territory. What options have you gone with?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BenR
04-02-2016, 02:39 PM
I went for an SE estate with DSG. It's the first auto I've ever had and I will NEVER go back to a manual; I am simply amazed at how good the gearbox is and how much more relaxed I've become as a driver. With traffic the way it is now my formerly 40 minutes commute is now heading twoards an hour or more of stop-start every morning and evening and the DSG box is so much easier and doesn't make my left knee ache. If you engage cruise control the car will even follow the car in front, although it doesn't anticipate so is a bit less smooth than a human driver.

After 12,000 miles I'm getting about 48 mpg on the commute and in Sport mode the extra power and lighter weight makes the car really fly. I wasn't able to get the heated screen and seats I had on my last B7 but the DSG more than makes up for that.

Tony.A
04-02-2016, 11:15 PM
That is a positive answer!! ☺ I think I'll be the same

I wasn't expecting the mpg to be quite so good either, especially in traffic, is that on the trip computer or brim to brim?

Overnight, the GT DSG has come down in price on the Company car website. If I have it in white, it squeezes it under the £159. I think I may have a winner......

davidb67
04-02-2016, 11:59 PM
Tony, you're not using Lex Autolease's LAi (online interactive) system are you?
Reason I ask is that we and I've tried to order my new co car - GT DSG with a modest few options, and there are massive issues with LAi system for my employer which has resulted in certain cars being costed incorrectly and appearing in the wrong ( management do car grades/levels.
we now have about a dozen orders in dispute with Lex since ot sure how it's going to go.
david

Tony.A
05-02-2016, 12:49 AM
Yes it is with them, prices have fluctuated quite a lot particularly since the new year.

Can't make sense of how it's calculated if I'm honest, I just see the headline figure. I have spoken with them and they are resolute that the price you see is the price you pay, no decrease but no increase either......

YawnGumbo
05-02-2016, 06:56 PM
I'm a bit of an options whore it seems! Last time around I had an A4 with hardly any options, so this time I decided I'd have a Passat with lots!

I have gone for Vision & Communication pack, Dynamic Light Assist, 8" Discover Pro, Active Info Display, Climate Control, Electronic Tyre Pressure Monitoring and the Nivelles wheels. The last two options were more to make up my company car allowance than anything else.

If I'd gone with the GT I would could have had the V&C pack with DLA, or the Discover Pro with Active Info Display, but not both. Most of my driving is on unlit dual carriageways and A/B roads, so I wanted the LEDs and the DLA was a nice tick in the box as well. Not essential but I've heard good things about them from Audi drivers and there are sections of my regular commute than I'm hopeful these will be really useful on. And I found the standard Discover Pro a little small on my test drive, and the monochrome multi-function display looked a bit pants on the standard spec (more akin to my previous 2010 Octavia), so that drove me towards the AID (and it's something else to play with when I'm stuck in traffic jams ;) ). I also found the sat-nav was positioned a little low (I'm used to either a TomTom stuck to the windscreen or the satnav in my A4 is in line with the dials), so I'm hoping the AID will make it easier to read.

It has to be said, if I had the opportunity to go with a GT with the LED/DLA and SatNav/AID upgrade, then I probably would have done so. Although having had 4 years of sports suspension on my A4, I am really looking forward to much nicer ride on the SEB, so that might have driven me away from the GT as well.

Tony.A
07-02-2016, 12:08 PM
I've driven the seb 2.0 tdi and the gt 1.6tdi manual and I didn't notice much difference in comfort levels. If anything I found the gt more comfortable but that was probably because I was driving rather more sedately.

The way the scheme works is essentially everything has an impact on the cost so any options I choose will be charged.

As an example the seb manual is £72 per month including the tax, the tax is approx £80 if I remember correctly. The GT manual is £116 including the tax which is of a similarish amount.

Around £500 of options works out at around £8 per month, so if I stared ticking the options list, I would very quickly be in GT territory.

I'm sold now on the SEB auto. Ive never had an auto, but I have had a leather interior, heated seats and climate control and they are the main differences inside. I'll spend most time driving rather than looking at it.

YawnGumbo
08-02-2016, 07:32 PM
That was similar to my point of view. I much prefer the outside look of the GT - the added chrome trim and the rear LED lights are very nice - but I wanted the lower overall tax and particular options. Therefore the SEB was the best option for me. I agree the seats on the GT were very comfortable, but I drove the SEB for 500 miles without any backache so couldn't argue with that.

Tony.A
08-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Im swaying again, i saw a gt parked up earlier in the same colour im thinking and it looked beautiful. The outside look of gt is definately better, but I do think when you see a passat moving, it's a struggle to tell which is which. I now have a seb dsg coming for 3 day test drive on the 15th. I'll try and hold off a gt till then!!

Leonila L Griff
18-03-2023, 12:16 AM
Although I am new to business, I try to study the information about it as much as possible and found that outsourcing services like contact center in metaverse (https://wow24-7.io/blog/contact-center-in-metaverse) can help reduce costs and improve efficiency. This enables companies to focus on core activities, expand their business and stay competitive.