PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the dullest post ever? Bootliner Content

forge197
11-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Hi,

I am going to ask this and appreciate it could well be the dullest post ever :)

I want to get a bootliner ahead of collection and to me there are two options

My bike won't fit with the seats up so I need a liner that goes up to the front seats when the seats are down.

Carbox to a rigid with small sides, or there are those that are like tailored waterproof fabric that cover the rear and then stick to the rear of the seat.

Does anyone on here have either and whats been good and bad, the Carbox option is £85 so don't want to buy it and then realise it's a pain to keep pulling the liner in and out everytime I need to load the bikes.

My preference right now is Carbox LL type as shown below but any one have experience of the boot bag style liners?

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel3.php?emulate=whycar&query=6098&vptype=&producttype=Car%20Boot%20Liners

sathound
12-10-2007, 12:18 PM
I have a www.hatchbag.co.uk bootliner for my Passat B6 Estate and am very happy with it. I don't load bikes however, just large dogs! The flexible liner is tailored to fit up the back of the seats to the height of the head restraints and covers the bottom and sides of the load bay and is also tailored to line to two deep trays on either side of the loadbay. It stays in place well witjh velcro attachments clinging to the Passat carpet strongly.

The seats drop fine with it fitted. I also have a semi-rigid plastic/rubber liner which slides into the back with the seats up

forge197
13-10-2007, 05:28 PM
That sounds great you don't have any pictures do you?

Ben
13-10-2007, 11:01 PM
looked at that hatchbag website - useful product.

forge197
14-10-2007, 07:28 AM
on the website the rear plus states (NOT all of the folded seat is covered) wondered what isn't will mail them but if anyone knows

Ben
14-10-2007, 08:23 AM
I wondered about that too. I'm guessing that the area not covered is the vertical bit of the seat above and below the lock or catch. I would say probably 4 inches either side. There areas can't be accessed when the seats are up but are left uncovered when down.

forge197
14-10-2007, 06:35 PM
I've decided to get the CarBox LL which is long and low hence LL, which will cover the entire boot length with seats down and my bike can sit in that tray and if I take other bikes I can separate with a sheet should protect the inside.
I think the hatchbag is a bit over kill as the bike is static but for a potentially slobbery dog they must be awesome. Next thing is a fold over boot lip protector VW seem to do one that retracts into a bag but it's a bit dear.