PDA

View Full Version : Question Vw polo blue motion remap help

lellam@sky.com
28-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Hi having my polo re mapped. Anyone know the program dpf is off the car but lad cant find program anywhere for it help please.

zollaf
28-01-2016, 08:02 PM
so you have a bluemotion and want to remove the dpf , am i correct as i can't really make sense of your question.

lellam@sky.com
28-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Yea lots of trouble with the car so want it re mapped but apparently there must be a progam for ecu board but cant find it

Eshrules
29-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Yea lots of trouble with the car so want it re mapped but apparently there must be a progam for ecu board but cant find it

Who's remapping it, Krusty the clown?

What Zollaf was subtly hinting at is the fact that you've bought a vehicle designed to be a low emission vehicle - you're now planning to remove the DPF and remap it.

Removal of the DPF is illegal, you may want to discuss that with your remapper.

Rob69
29-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Sell the car before you remove the dpf and remap, as you will seriously devalue it and by the sounds of it, it'll be a bodge. Buy something more suited to your driving requirements.

lellam@sky.com
29-01-2016, 09:05 AM
Wish i could spent over£2000 on it had it 18months only 4 year old with 34000 on clock at the end of my teather with it but on finance so cant do a thing. Had a new turbo last year now needs another one cause oils init

Rob69
29-01-2016, 09:19 AM
Sounds like trying to remap and remove dpf will just be compounding pre existing problems. Does modifying it like this not affect the finance agreement ??

lellam@sky.com
29-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Im not sure but keeping it riad worthy does so cant win no matter what i do. Another£1250 for a new dpf then £700 for a new turbo without vat n labour so really cant win

Eshrules
29-01-2016, 09:27 AM
When you purchase a car on finance, the car is bought from the supplying dealer by the financing company and you agree to repay the sum borrowed over an agreed period of time.

Until you pay off the sum in full and the agreement is completed, that vehicle remains the property of the financing company.

It isn't yours, nor are you permitted to modify it.

A finance company would view illegal modifications very dimly and would have them reversed at your cost - remove the DPF and remap it at your peril is all I will say.

The painful reality about buying expensive cars is that they're generally just as expensive when they go wrong, as you're now discovering.

How long is your finance agreement for?

lellam@sky.com
29-01-2016, 09:29 AM
4 years i just went and bought a car didnt look for this that and other just want to get to work

Eshrules
29-01-2016, 09:35 AM
4 years i just went and bought a car didnt look for this that and other just want to get to work

You've only got 6 months before you can voluntarily terminate the agreement in that case but the car will need to be as it was when you bought it.

My advice would be to take the cost on the chin, get it roadworthy and look after it until you can get rid.

Get rid and get a vehicle that's better suited to your budget for maintenance - I've been there, I did it, it's not easy but you'll get there.

zollaf
29-01-2016, 09:36 AM
a very tough position to be in.