PDA

View Full Version : Heated Front Windscreen - Availability

sotondjt
27-01-2016, 08:35 AM
My local dealer is saying the heated front screen has been dropped by Audi. Apparently it may come back for 2017 but that wasn't confirmed. Has anyone else tried ordering the heated front screen? It still shows up on the Q7 configurator.

AGW82
27-01-2016, 08:52 AM
My local dealer is saying the heated front screen has been dropped by Audi. Apparently it may come back for 2017 but that wasn't confirmed. Has anyone else tried ordering the heated front screen? It still shows up on the Q7 configurator.

As far as I've been told it hasn't been dropped, but has been delayed.. Mid 2016 was the date I was given, that was both by my dealer and Audi UK, who both said they had contacted "the factory" whatever that means.. It does say in the brochure available early 2016 so it's nice and ambiguous from Audi, but it was supposed to be getting updated.

My order originally had it on but I ended up taking it off to get the car in March..

sotondjt
04-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Quick bump - Has anyone managed to order one? Its appeared on the configurator again?

AGW82
04-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Picked mine up today and asked the dealer about heated screens again, he said they could put an order on the system, but it wouldn't get a build slot until June..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

sotondjt
04-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Cheers - Did they mean they would offer it as a retro-fit? How was the pick up?

AGW82
04-03-2016, 10:08 PM
There's no official retrofit option as far as they know.. I'm not sure the wiring would be there to support it..

Handover went well thanks, I'll put a post on when I get chance to sort the pics..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jangles
02-06-2016, 03:37 PM
I specified the heated windscreen on my config for my new A4 B9 when I ordered it at the end of March (car coming by end June!) but my dealer said availability would be "towards the end of the year, maybe." I remember having one on a Ford Mondeo about 10 years ago, really handy for quick demists never mind defrost. But not having it isn't the end of the world.