PDA

View Full Version : B9 - Black Styling Pack

Hammy969
24-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Hello All

Been a while since I posted anything, hope you can help with this.

After 1 S Line Exc saloon and 2 Black Edition Avant A4s, I took the decision at the beginning of December to order a new B9 avant after a drive in the new saloon.

To cut a long story short I placed the order at the launch weekend and specd the car. The spec pretty much would be a B9 Black Edition if it existed.

Shortly after ordering the car the Audi configurator removed the option for Black Styling Pack and my dealer confirmed he would have more details at the end of January. After visiting today he did a bit more digging and found that the Black Styling Pack will not be available till 2017 model year!

Has anybody else on here had this issue?

Here a few of the reason I ordered now:

Would be good to have the new model!
They were allegedly offering an extra £1K from Audi if I ordered at that time.
They gave me a price for my existing avant which appeared to be a reasonable price based on delivery in March / April.
They also have my deposit.

As I have actually got a price to change for the new car and I am not actually in any rush to change what should I do? Can the dealer push Audi to honour the deal as it is not the dealers fault for the delay?

Thanks in advance.

Hammy

AGW82
25-01-2016, 08:48 AM
My dealer told me this as well a few weeks back. he said all the orders he had with the black styling pack had been pushed into 2017.. Parts supply issue was the best answer he could give...

AGW82
25-01-2016, 08:50 AM
You should also find the Q1 deals are better than your orginal deal, so I would do some digging and think about cancelling your order and putting through a new one without the black styling pack.

Just read your post again, I'm guessing you meant you ordered at the Avant launch event...

As far as I know Audi are offering £1500 contribution not £1000 in Q1 on the new A4, that's what I got... My dealer showed me the Audi Desktop with the Q1 offers on..

Q4 2015 was £1000 contribution..

AGW82
25-01-2016, 08:59 AM
You should also be looking for 10-11% discount from RRP

Take a look at Car Wow and Drive the Deal for some bench marks..

Hammy969
25-01-2016, 08:32 PM
Thanks for your comments. Regarding price I am generally pretty good at bench marking price and use the web sites you have quoted, but I will have a look again as this was an impulse order at the saloon launch weekend. They said they would take an order for an avant so I gave them the order.

I noticed the changes in contribution on the Audi web site, when I was looking last night.

I might cancel the order but I will wait for the Black Styling Pack as that is what I want and my existing avant is actually only 16 months old.

pitch3110
24-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Hell Hammy, blast from the past, the old B8 forum of '09-'10.

It was a good bunch back then a great banter with the Lava Grey Club taking the mick out of the white taxi brigade.

Trust all is good.

Pitch

Hammy969
25-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Hello Pitch, it's been a long time. The chat was good back then, I especially remember the thread about how members had bought their Breitling watches.! I can't remember who it was but they had treated them self after having becoming closer to their flat mate than they should!

Anyway I thought I might get some help when I was looking at the new B9 on here as the feed back was generally pretty good.

How do you find A6? I was wondering about one when the new B9 came out, but I kind of think it is to big for what I need. It looks good and you get as much, if not more for your money compared to a new A4.

Hope this find you well.

Hammy

pitch3110
26-02-2016, 06:43 PM
To right hammy I think forum banter in general wherever was better mannered years ago.

The B8 was great and then I moved into a FL BE A5 177ps coupe which was a lovely car. The only one at home was getting bigger and we needed something more practical and the A6 seemed the obvious choice. It is big but you get use to the space and it becomes the norm. I have just ordered a new Q7 as seven seats would be handy but more so because of the absolute nuts PCH deals it worked out a great deal cheaper than a 2.0 Quattro A6 Avant. I have an acquaintance who deals in exotica, Ferrari, Porsche etc and it was him who set me off on the PCH route, he never buys his own cars and berates the thought and economics of it. For a fraction of the depreciation cost you can have a nice new car every 24 months.

I do do like the B9 and the virtual dash is fantastic and looking forward to living with it in the Q7.

P