PDA

View Full Version : iPad and MMI - only local files?

zappahey
23-01-2016, 08:31 AM
Hi,

Just picked up my A4 yesterday on one of those stonking lease deals that are going around at the moment.

I've done a lot of searching and think that I know the answer to this but I'd be grateful for confirmation.

On my last car, I hooked up my ipad and all of the audio came through the cable but, on the A4, I get nothing when I try to play a podcast or Spotify through the cable. It's only possible over bluetooth.

That's no great problem really, except that, if I want to charge the iPad, i plug it in, the car recognises it and promptly disables bluetooth.

Is this how it is supposed to be? I don't store music on my iPad, other than Spotify caching, so haven't yet checked if stored music will play but grateful for confirmation that that is how it's supposed to be.

Thanks

joshhunte
30-01-2016, 11:40 PM
Hi,

Just picked up my A4 yesterday on one of those stonking lease deals that are going around at the moment.

I've done a lot of searching and think that I know the answer to this but I'd be grateful for confirmation.

On my last car, I hooked up my ipad and all of the audio came through the cable but, on the A4, I get nothing when I try to play a podcast or Spotify through the cable. It's only possible over bluetooth.

That's no great problem really, except that, if I want to charge the iPad, i plug it in, the car recognises it and promptly disables bluetooth.

Is this how it is supposed to be? I don't store music on my iPad, other than Spotify caching, so haven't yet checked if stored music will play but grateful for confirmation that that is how it's supposed to be.

Thanks

Hello Zappahey, my audio plays through the sytem if I connect a USB cable from my iPhone to the usb port in the car.

zappahey
31-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Thanks, I think I figured it out. It seems that I need to start stored music playing and then choose the app I want to listen to, like Spotify or Pocketcast, and then it all works fine. It seems that I can't just start Spotify directly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MJC_OK
01-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Doesn't the iPad support CarPlay? Otherwise, I would expect it all to work via MMI over Bluetooth, that's what my iPhone does at least

zappahey
02-02-2016, 03:40 AM
I assumed that it would support Car Play but I can't find anything to say that it does and Car Play didn't pop up on the display the way that Android Auto does

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk