PDA

View Full Version : alarm very quiet

j.ayton
07-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone, first post for me so be gentle!

My A4 Avant sport (03 plate) has a very quiet alarm, i tested it by leaving the windows open then waving my arm inside, the alram went off but it was barely louder than an enthusiastic casio watch beep rather than the all blaring horn shouting i was after. is this normal? can i 'crank it up'?:biglaugh:

Normanske0151
21-11-2006, 06:10 PM
I think you will find that the alarm sounder is kaput, possibly after water getting into it. That is if it is mounted in the same area as the VW Passat. It may also have the loudspeaker of the alarm pressing against the mounting braket, this will cause it to be muffled also.

james0808
21-11-2006, 06:26 PM
They are all quiet on the A4 its a cr@p siren.On mine its located behind the drivers side panel in the boot,think its the same for avant.

adamss24
21-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone, first post for me so be gentle!

My A4 Avant sport (03 plate) has a very quiet alarm, i tested it by leaving the windows open then waving my arm inside, the alram went off but it was barely louder than an enthusiastic casio watch beep rather than the all blaring horn shouting i was after. is this normal? can i 'crank it up'?:biglaugh:
Its ilegal to have a loud horn or alarm syren in germany and UK will follow soon on the footsteps. Thats why ebay does so well and the insurance companies ! You may wanna upgrade your syren or even have an aftermarket alarm installed if you live in a high rated crime area. Truth is the cars nowadays are much more difficult to steal without the right keys and thats why hi-jacking at the trafic lights or burglary with intention of getting the car keys for a joyride. Laws are a joke in this country so its the prisson !