PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Problems & Vibration behind the dash...

bluestar_ale
21-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Hi All

I have a B8 Passat Estate GT, about 10 months old now... have had two ongoing issues with it, just wanted to know if anyone else out there has had similar problems...

Bluetooth

I have the Discover Pro sat nav, and use both a Samsung galaxy S4 mini and a Nokia Lumia 530 with the car

the issue I have is that during the call the person on the other end of the line hears an echo of themselves talking back down the line, I can hear them perfectly but they cant hear me, this happens intermittently a call can start off ok, then half way through the call the person on the other end of the phone hears the echo... I've had the issue from new and it affects both the handsets that I use.

I had a B8 demonstrator with the discover pro before I ordered this car and the handsets both worked without issue with the demonstrator, also I do not have any problems using my handsets with other Bluetooth systems in other vehicles...

The car has been into the dealer on more than one occasion and as they have been unable to replicate the fault on other handsets they are saying that the head unit is not at fault!!!
VW customer care have washed their hands of the problem also.... stating that my handsets are both at fault.. work are upgrading my Nokia to an iPhone next week.... it will be good to test a new handset with the car to see if I experience the same problem.... if anyone out there has had the same issues I'd be interested to hear and also have they been resolved??

Vibration behind the Dash

The other issue I've been having is a vibration from behind the dashboard.... it's worst when the car's started from cold and you tend to hear whilst accelerating as the engine is working harder (higher up the rev range)
the dealership have lagged some pipes behind the dash which were vibrating against the heating ducts behind the dash (a known issue according to the dealership) ... it did not however solve the issue, the car is back in today for them to have a another look at... again I'd be interested to hear anyone else that's had similar issues..

Overall I like the car, however the problems I've had with the Bluetooth and vibration have given me a load of frustration, couple that with the lack of support from VW, especially their customer care team, I'd be very reluctant to order another one!!

Chris

150GT Passat
06-02-2016, 11:38 PM
I too have a GT estate, but haven't experienced the things you mention.
However, I have an ongoing problem with the car's idling speed, see my thread on here, and I'd have to agree with you that, so far, I too have been extremely disappointed with the after care from my local dealer.
I've now booked the car into another dealer some 35 miles or so away, and hope they will solve the problem and give me some satisfaction.

Driller
02-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Hi Chris
I have just joined the forum and have the same issue with the vibration. Our models are different in Australia, but I have 2.0 diesel 190bhp. The vibration happens when accelerating. I was wondering if you had found any answers . Cheers
navid