PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Light Assist and V&C Pack - Update

YawnGumbo
19-01-2016, 06:25 PM
I've just been speaking to my dealer following the submission of my order for my new car and he said that 4 days ago VW released a bulletin to state that the Dynamic Light Assist is NOT part of the Vision & Communications Pack (even though the latest brochures state it is) and that if you do want this option then you need to specify it as an option (costing £345).

I am now trying to work out what I need to drop to have this option included (as this is a company car and so I can only have so many options before I hit my upper limit), as I drive on unlit dual carriageways a lot at night and in the morning and would find this really useful.

Anyway - thought you might like to know in case any of you are considering this pack.

Cheers.

gold1640
19-01-2016, 06:39 PM
I think the web site configurator changed in the last couple of days and I'm told the price lists will be changing as well when they're next released.

RDT60
19-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Thanks - all rather misleading though.

YawnGumbo
19-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Definitely :(

technik
20-01-2016, 12:17 AM
Don't think it's worth that!

RDT60
20-01-2016, 10:04 AM
Don't think it's worth that!

I agree - definitely not worth £345 to specify separately. It was just that I thought I was getting it as a bonus in the V&C pack. Still, premium LEDs, rear view camera and advanced phone connection. Hey ho.

YawnGumbo
20-01-2016, 07:21 PM
It's a valid point. If it was my own money I may think twice about spending £345 on this, and I am in the quandary of keyless entry and tailgate against DLA.

technik
20-01-2016, 10:46 PM
It's a valid point. If it was my own money I may think twice about spending £345 on this, and I am in the quandary of keyless entry and tailgate against DLA.

I really would go for the keyless etc. You'll use that every time you drive!

RDT60
09-02-2016, 11:09 PM
My dealer called me today and told me VW had informed them that DLA was not included in the V&C Pack but conceded that it had been advertised as such. I was offered chance to re-order or a £350 discount which the dealer told me VW was funding. Took the discount.

StumblingTrout
10-02-2016, 05:34 PM
You just prompted me to check whether DLA is included in my order by virtue of the fact I ticked the Driver Assistance Plus pack. The configurator isn't clear at all and doesn't mention it (mentions only High Beam Assist), but the brochure clearly states it is thankfully as I think I would reject the car if it wasn't present.

It's all very unclear

YawnGumbo
12-02-2016, 09:48 AM
I would confirm with your dealer, as this was effectively the same for the V&C pack - the brochure stated DLA was included, but the online configurator didn't include it.

StumblingTrout
12-02-2016, 07:55 PM
So... Conversation with them today, as follows:

Hi Mr Dealership,

Thanks for the below. I got the text this morning say my car is now at sea which is great.

Can I just confirm with you please, does my car have dynamic light assist?

It says it does in the brochure but not the configurator and there is a lot of talk online of a misprint in the brochure and cars turning up without it where customers believed it was included in a pack.

Cheers, look forward to hearing from you.

ST

Hi

The Volkswagen system still has the car waiting for shipping

Looking at your order form you have the drivers assistance pack plus, this was advertised having the high beam assist included.
But from August last year was taken out of the pack.

Dealership

Thanks Dealership...

Yeah I did only get the text updating to status 5b this morning at 8:30 so perhaps it's only just on a boat!

So as it stands with the latest Feb 6th documentation:

- The price list shows the driver support pack plus as containing DLA

- The configuarator shows the driver support pack plus as containing HBA

Could you say which my car will be equipped with - if any - I had presumed DLA due to the price list and conversation with Gemma, but with the issues other are having online more recently I need to be certain?

Thanks again,

ST

Hi

Looking at what’s been ordered DLA has not been included.

Dealership

Thanks for the reply. That's concerning.

Which is incorrect - the configurator or the price list brochure?

I've attached a screenshot of the relevant page.

Thanks

ST

Hi

The brochure is correct, we have been looking at the configuarator.

This confirms you have the DLA with the Led lights.

Dealership

Not exactly confidence inspiring knowledge... Let's see what happens. I'll reject the car if DLA isn't present, but I hope it is.

YawnGumbo
12-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Hmm time will tell I guess. Even VWUK on their website and Twitter feed stated it was included in my pack, it was only when my dealer happened to check a bulletin that he found it wasn't. Fingers crossed for you.