PDA

View Full Version : noisy golf

maxplanc@hotmai
10-10-2007, 04:19 PM
i have a 56 golf gt tdi 170 (its my third golf), i am happy with it except sometimes when i am driving, usually on a short journey from cold, the engine develops a sound that is reminiscent of a clunky old type of diesel engine, if i put my foot down on the accelerator the noisy engine tends to revert to its normal sound, which would be okay if it were on a motorway but when i'm on a 30-40 mph road this doesn't help. of course if i took it back to the main dealer i'm sure that the car would be on its best behaviour and wouldnt make the offending noise when tested! anyone else had a similar problem? :confused:

Marco 35
10-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I have a 56 gt tdi 170 as well and find my engine quite loud from start up,but then eventually becomes less noticeable when warmed up.I took it to my local volkswagen dealer and they checked it out and said everything was fine,but the noise could be coming from the DPF (DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER) regenerating itself,thats what they told me anyway.Hope this helps.
I would take it to your local dealer with it still being under warrenty and get them to check it out for peace of mind.:aargh4::beerchug: