PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 2.0 FSI Auto Cutting out, cannot start for 10-15min

tomabocas15
18-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Hi guys,
New here so hope any audi experts could help with the issue. Sorry if repeating the topic but wasnt able to find the right one. If there is one then would be grateful for links to it. Anyways my 03 audi a4 2.0 fsi auto developed an issue. After 15-20min car reaches its working temperature it starts jerking, looses power and eventualy cuts off. It doesnt start for next 10-15min and then fires up(usually with ESP light on).
It got new spark plugs fitted. Thank you for any help.

chase
19-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Possibly fuel issue , there is a fine mesh filter in the fuel tank which can get a very slight contamination , it doesn't take long to take it out the top of the fuel tank and clean (Ihad this issue years ago ) and the issue you describe has not returned although my issue was after maybe 40 miles or so .
It could also be the inline fuel filter needs changing or the fuel tank is not breathing causing a fuel vacuum which the fuel pump cant overcome to pump the fuel , after the wait the tank has vented to allow starting .
I purchased a cheap engine fault code reader which can at least help get you in the right area for fault finding - eg fuel , electronics ect .
Good luck and always try the simple cheap things first .

tomabocas15
20-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Possibly fuel issue , there is a fine mesh filter in the fuel tank which can get a very slight contamination , it doesn't take long to take it out the top of the fuel tank and clean (Ihad this issue years ago ) and the issue you describe has not returned although my issue was after maybe 40 miles or so .
It could also be the inline fuel filter needs changing or the fuel tank is not breathing causing a fuel vacuum which the fuel pump cant overcome to pump the fuel , after the wait the tank has vented to allow starting .
I purchased a cheap engine fault code reader which can at least help get you in the right area for fault finding - eg fuel , electronics ect .
Good luck and always try the simple cheap things first .

It looks like you were right. The culprit seems to be inline fuel filter. Changed today and car drives without any issues so far. Thank you.