PDA

View Full Version : Question Reverse Sensors Not Turning On When Selecting Reverse Gear

NikeUp
16-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Hi,

I have a 2011 Polo with factory fitted reverse parking sensors and an RNS 510.

Recently my reverse parking sensors wouldn't switch on when I select reverse. I select reverse and nothing happens. I don't have the button to switch the sensors on and off. I've checked to see if the sensors make the clicking sound when in reverse but they do not.

Any ideas as to what it could be?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

zollaf
16-01-2016, 10:19 AM
do your reverse lights come on.

NikeUp
16-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Thanks for your quick response. After checking, my reverse lights don't come on neither. And it's not showing a faulty light.

Any ideas?

zollaf
16-01-2016, 10:52 PM
reverse light switch on the gearbox. won't show as any fault cos nothing knows you are selecting reverse, because the swicth appears to not work.

NikeUp
17-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Ok thanks again for your help. Is this something that can be easily fixed at a general garage or better taken in to an official VW garage?

grant19841
17-01-2016, 11:40 PM
It's a very easy job for a local garage, there is a wire harnes going to the bottom of the gearbox and plugs on to the switch.
The car needs to be jacked up high at the front and then remove the wire harnes plug off from the switch using a flat head screwdriver, now using a 22mm spanner undo the switch and turn until out of box.

Now replace with new switch and use a little thread lock to seal it and reattach wire harnes.

10 mins max

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk