PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Eastbourne

fatgeezer
13-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Hi. Picking up my 2003 Passat V6 2.5 diesel estate next week. First VW since mid '80's when I had a couple of campers. This will be my 64th car (I get bored easily!). Took it for a 30 minute blat last night,and was impressed. SWMBO also impressed with the illuminated vanity mirrors,so I had to buy it. VW is to replace my late beloved Lexus LS400 which was written off just before Christmas by a 1967 Mini believe it or not. Gutted. Passat is black with black leather and is a high miler at 233,000. The bloke used to go to Wales in it three times a week from Eastbourne. No service history (it was cheap) and I know the cam belt is due in 7-10,000 miles. Years MOT, four new tyres, all fluids recently changed,both front wings repainted a year ago and a few other things I can't remember. Apparently been chipped to produce 190 b.h.p. (make of that what you like!) but when you hit the kickdown there is a nanosecond of turbo lag,then your neck breaks!. Great fun. Will post problems as they arise. Ta.:p